Exam Feedback May 2016 Part 2 Exam Feedback

hellohi

please can you tell me what do you mean by writing on upper of your home bage that the pass rate is 73%? because I know that the pass rate is less?

hellohi

@hellohi That pass rate represents the average of three surveys (aggregated) conducted of our (BT) customers; the actual exam pass rate (of all test takers) is lower. Thanks,
thanks dear sir

that mean when the pass rate of GARP FRM part 1 candadates is 45% your (BT) average customers pass rate is 73%, this make me optimistic because I am now one of your customers :)

thanks again
Nabil

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @hellohi it's actually a fully aggregated (ie, no stratification), cumulative (i.e., over three trailing years), blended number (ie., combines responses to P1 and P2). However, we didn't break it out because we didn't get a big difference between our P1 and P2 passing rates (compared to the exam's historical tendency to run about the P2 pass rate +10% (+/-) above the P1). So, it's just an overall P1+P2 average, but I still think it should give you confidence :)

hellohi

Hi @hellohi it's actually a fully aggregated (ie, no stratification), cumulative (i.e., over three trailing years), blended number (ie., combines responses to P1 and P2). However, we didn't break it out because we didn't get a big difference between our P1 and P2 passing rates (compared to the exam's historical tendency to run about the P2 pass rate +10% (+/-) above the P1). So, it's just an overall P1+P2 average, but I still think it should give you confidence :)
I like your language "historical tendency" :) , let say part 1 (BT) pass rate is about 60%, it is far better than 45% or 42% , and I really got a real push when I begun use your material for studying in addition to GARP official books, thanks

hellohi

dear David

I asked about the FRM part 1 BT formula sheet, and Nicole answerd me that it is not up dated with the new changes in 2016 material, but when I read some bages of this sheet I find it very useful and written in a professional manner, so I liked to use it, so can you help me with some tips how to fill the gap to be full document with all updates?

best regards,
Nabil

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @Nabil I have the formula sheet on my list of items to update this semester (ie, before the exam). But I am happy to assist with any question (however, can I request you start a new thread only because this thread is specifically for May 2016 Part 2 Exam Feedback). Thanks!

Mkaim

Subscriber
Hello @Tipo

For the November 2015 exam, they said the results would be released January 5th. The first post on our forum stating that a member passed was on January 4th. https://forum.bionicturtle.com/thre...t-2-frm-exam-feedback.9165/page-13#post-39324 ;)

Nicole
Could that just be due to the time difference between US and India (or any other country). For US ET - it was 10:30PM of the 4th when it was 9:00 AM in India of the 5th of Jan; it was 7:30 PM of the 4th in California.