FAQ After Exam Work Experience Verifying Time 2020/2021

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
For candidates still waiting on work experience approval

After trying to reach out to GARP to get information on candidates who have been waiting more than 8 weeks for their work experience approval, I've been told that "GARP is responding to all emails and phone calls received, and it is going to take months (plural) for all work experience to be approved/rejected. The team is simply overwhelmed and they are reviewing them in the order that they were received."

Please keep in mind that the above quote is from GARP, not me, so please don't shoot the messenger :confused: I have no other details, but because of this, I really am not going to be able to help by contacting GARP for anyone, even after the 8-week wait. I wish that I could do more, but there is nothing that I can do at this point. I'm receiving a lot of emails asking for help, and I just have to ask that you call or email GARP directly instead. I've tried my hardest to keep up and respond to everyone asking for help, and I apologize that I can't do more. I completely understand everyone's frustration!

snitint

After trying to reach out to GARP to get information on candidates who have been waiting more than 8 weeks for their work experience approval, I've been told that "GARP is responding to all emails and phone calls received, and it is going to take months (plural) for all work experience to be approved/rejected. The team is simply overwhelmed and they are reviewing them in the order that they were received."

Please keep in mind that the above quote is from GARP, not me, so please don't shoot the messenger :confused: I have no other details, but because of this, I really am not going to be able to help by contacting GARP for anyone, even after the 8-week wait. I wish that I could do more, but there is nothing that I can do at this point. I'm receiving a lot of emails asking for help, and I just have to ask that you call or email GARP directly instead. I've tried my hardest to keep up and respond to everyone asking for help, and I apologize that I can't do more. I completely understand everyone's frustration!
Just to be clear, I am not questioning you, but would like to point out an inconsistency in GARP's response to you. If GARP is processing applications in the order they received them, then how is it that they are responding to candidates who submitted their experience on 6th of Dec (based on some responses on this thread), while I submitted my work experience before that? Does that mean that they super quick with rejections while none of us have received acceptance of work experience? Just a thought!

jsnichols11

Just to be clear, I am not questioning you, but would like to point out an inconsistency in GARP's response to you. If GARP is processing applications in the order they received them, then how is it that they are responding to candidates who submitted their experience on 6th of Dec (based on some responses on this thread), while I submitted my work experience before that? Does that mean that they super quick with rejections while none of us have received acceptance of work experience? Just a thought!
I agree with this apparent inconsistency. I called GARP today and had a polite conversation with a lady who essentially reiterated what Nicole stated above. I will only say she used the phrase, "a few more weeks" during our conversation.

She emphasized that the volume of both the October and November submissions were impacting the delay. I, again politely, pointed out that the October results were published well before the November results and that anecdotally, most work experience for those who passed in October had been submitted prior to the November results being published. She said she would pass along that information to the committee. I also politely pointed out that I had seen instances of people reporting they had received responses despite submitting their work experience several days after I had. She again said she would pass this on to the committee.

Before we ended the call, she thanked me for my understanding, and it sounded like she's been taking a verbal beating from the average caller. She encouraged me to call and e-mail as often as I would like to check on the status. I would like to encourage others to consider passing along your observation(s) of these inconsistencies in a professional manner. Maybe it will gain some traction?

VEDAa

Was my first thought too.....did even wonder if that meant in any way that no response is an almost approval but yet a delayed one at that ......my submission date Nov 2020 status " under review " .......

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Why do they even let you take the exam if they think you do not have the required experience ?
@marcreaidi David has pointed this out in the past, but there has been no change. There really should be some type of pre-qualification, where candidates can submit their work experience before they take the exam. It would make this process so much quicker if the work experience was already submitted, reviewed, and references checked before the candidate takes the exam.

Rob

Actually I did describe GARP my job experience before I enrolled to the exam, and they said it qualifies. Basically I resubmitted that after having passed the exams and referred to that older email chain (and offered to provide it). That doesn’t seem to speed things up though :(

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Actually I did describe GARP my job experience before I enrolled to the exam, and they said it qualifies. Basically I resubmitted that after having passed the exams and referred to that older email chain (and offered to provide it). That doesn’t seem to speed things up though :(
@Rob I meant more that they should approve/reject your work experience before the exams and not just saying that it qualifies. If they approved work experience (or at least go through some of the process) before candidates take the exam, I would think the process after passing would be much quicker because they wouldn't have to wait all this time for their certification.

VEDAa

Hi Nicole ..Got my approval today ....both e mail and website update ....I could even go and update my settings preferences in GARP Directory as well...seeing my name there sure perked me up ......thanks a ton to you for taking this up with them...finally can sleep peacefully tonight

Feola

Hi Nicole ..Got my approval today ....both e mail and website update ....I could even go and update my settings preferences in GARP Directory as well...seeing my name there sure perked me up ......thanks a ton to you for taking this up with them...finally can sleep peacefully tonight
Could you tell when have you submitted your work experience?

seevvlee

Could you tell when have you submitted your work experience?
Sorry for being a stalker but I checked out his username and saw that the submission was in November 2020?

I guess we can at least be glad that they are already in Nov.

SheOlya

Sorry for being a stalker but I checked out his username and saw that the submission was in November 2020?

I guess we can at least be glad that they are already in Nov.
I just saw a friend of mine who also submitted his work experience in December got an approval today.

onpatbateman

Thanks for all the information in this thread. I am wondering whether modifying the work experience description leads to being at the end of the queue or has no impact? My original entry was as of beginning of December, and it might be not ideally worded. Any experiences?

Aleksandr

Thanks for all the information in this thread. I am wondering whether modifying the work experience description leads to being at the end of the queue or has no impact? My original entry was as of beginning of December, and it might be not ideally worded. Any experiences?
How do you modify your experience once submitted?

tushitthakkar

Happy to see that people who have submitted in November and December are getting a response. I myself have submitted in October and am still waiting. Have sent a couple of mails but sadly no response from GARP. Hoping to get the confirmation soon !