2013 FRM Calendar (Updated 8/15/2013)

RiskNoob

RiskNoob yes, understood, but the reality of the May cycle is that we can only do so much. Our strategy is to write as many new practice questions ahead of the May cycle (where time is limited and there is no exam experience base yet), then after we see the May exam feedback, prep the sort of guidance you suggest (in focus reviews) ahead of the Nov exam.

Sounds good to me David, especially how the new 2013 PQs are created these days - the priority seems to be based on the new 2013 readings. ;)

RiskNoob

elan2046

Hi everybody, just an update: the P2.T6 study notes are obviously late and the P1.T4 study notes (the final P1 notes) will consequently run a few days behind the target schedule. As I will be working through the weekend on T6 update, I hope we can publish P2.T6 by Monday (or Tuesday at the latest, at this rate); there are many, new difficult readings in T6 (Malz and Gregory in particular) that are abnormally time-consuming to summarize, so I do apologize.

However, we are working hard (pretty much around the clock, in fact) to catch up to the final T8 & T9 dates w.r.t. to the Study Notes; we may not exactly make March 2nd but we won't be too far behind (1 to 3 or 4 days, at most), if we are are, thanks for your understanding!

Hi David, is there an updated date for T6 to be published? Thank you for working so hard!

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi elan - I am making a final pass today, and so I hope i can publish T6 tomorrow (or Friday at the latest, okay), it is an issue of how far to push it ... sorry my earlier update was inaccurate, it is hard to give precise updates, we are working as hard as we can, I regret this year's exam logistics for sure ... thanks, David

Mark W

Hi David,

Many thanks for getting the T6 Credit notes up, they look great and certainly are much changed from the 2012 notes.

One question with respect to the Stulz chapter 18...is it fair to assume that the 2012 T6 notes suffice here as I can discern little difference in AIMs between 2012 and 2013?

Thanks again,

Mark

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Mark - thanks for the kind words. Well, honestly, if I thought 2012 T6. Stulz Ch 18 were sufficient, i would have merely copied them over. When I did that, they just did not look to be enough (it's mostly the exhibits, not enough supporting text, just not happy with the 2012 version). Hence the placeholder, so I do plan to add better notes on this chapter ASAP, thanks,

Mark W

Cheers David. I did of course consider that (them being insufficient) but thought I'd check anyway.

Thanks again for all your work.

orit

Hi Suzanne,
Can you please let me know when T4 Part 1 note (Valuation and Risk Models) will be updated?
Thanks,

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Orit, I am aiming for this Friday with T4 Notes (or maybe Sat or Sun, if necessary). Sorry for the delay, doing the best we can, thanks,

orit

I know you are working hard:( anyway I can start with the chapters that haven't been changed from 2012 exam.
I hope you would have time to publish new practice question, as this is best indicator for understanding the material.
Thanks

orit

Hi David,
I have a general question regarding the readings that haven't been changed from 2012 - in your opinion is there a major change in the AIM between 2012 and 2013?
thanks

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi orit,

Every year Suzanne prepares these comparison XLS, if you zoom out, you can see 2012 vs 2013 where red = dropped AIMs/readings and blue = added AIMs/Readings:
My very summary view is:
  • P1: Except for 6-8 AIM changes (for readings that are retained from 2012 to 2013), there are only several (but non trivial) AIM changes in the Tuckman (related to the upgrade from 2nd Edition which is 10 years(!) old to latest 3rd edition)
  • P2: is almost entirely reading-only changes. Retained readings have ~ AIMs, although several readings changed wholesale, I hope that is interesting

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Matt, T6 just pushed me way back (sorry) ... still working on T4 and T7-T9. They will publish ASAP, sorry, I'm just tired of giving constant updates, working as fast as we can, okay, given, you know, the amount of changes and the timing of their release? thanks,

onthelimit

Hello,

I am planning on taking the FRM Exam (L1 only) this November. Should I purchase the BT packages now or wait for any updates? Thanks!

maoxindi

When will you post spreadsheets for some calculation in study notes?
I have trouble understanding the calculation on page 33/137 in Market Risk Study Notes.

SKnapp

In P2.T6 notes, you have stated that various AIMs will be updated in version 1.2 of these notes. Will version 1.2 be available for the May exam? Just looking for general idea.

Thanks