PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLeag1895

Subscriber
Hi Bionic Turtle Team,
Thank you very much and looking forward to using your service for Part 2.

Issue: Trying to make sure my access to Vitalsource resources reflects your most up-to-date materials - but there are some inconsistencies in the Edition version and when I click on the details option (three dots -> Book details) from the UI available from the [My Books] screen --> causing me some concern.

- After refreshing VitalSource, the 22nd Edition (Market Risk Measurements & Management, published June 2022).
- The other books saying 22nd Edition when looking at the book details option (three dots -> Book details) from the UI available from the [My Books] screen, but when I open up the book, it says 23rd Edition (i.e. Liquidity / Treasury Management).

1. Is this a cause for concern or is this just a naming convention that needs to be updated in Vitalsource?
2. Is it possible to have [Part 2: Practice Questions Only] aggregated / updated (the version on Vitalsource shows it was published on June 2022)?

Thank you for the help.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Bionic Turtle Team,
Thank you very much and looking forward to using your service for Part 2.

Issue: Trying to make sure my access to Vitalsource resources reflects your most up-to-date materials - but there are some inconsistencies in the Edition version and when I click on the details option (three dots -> Book details) from the UI available from the [My Books] screen --> causing me some concern.

- After refreshing VitalSource, the 22nd Edition (Market Risk Measurements & Management, published June 2022).
- The other books saying 22nd Edition when looking at the book details option (three dots -> Book details) from the UI available from the [My Books] screen, but when I open up the book, it says 23rd Edition (i.e. Liquidity / Treasury Management).

1. Is this a cause for concern or is this just a naming convention that needs to be updated in Vitalsource?
2. Is it possible to have [Part 2: Practice Questions Only] aggregated / updated (the version on Vitalsource shows it was published on June 2022)?

Thank you for the help.
Hello @JLeag1895 All of the materials that are published in Vital Source are the most recently published materials. I'm not exactly sure how the editions of Vital Source work, but the actual books were created in 2022. When we updated with 2023 materials, we just replaced the PDFs in the same book. The actual books (templates) are not replaced each year because the names of each topic (Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, etc.) do not change each year. Publishing in Vital Source is, unfortunately, not a quick and easy task, so there is no need for us to spend more time replacing the "shell templates" every year.

BSiri4487

Subscriber
I purchased FRM part II course (Advance) which also includes intructional video.

In this section, I found that only 3-4 instructional videos are available, which might cover only less than 10% of the whole scope.

Just want to confirm if I miss anythig? as I expect to have more instructional video for this section.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I purchased FRM part II course (Advance) which also includes intructional video.

In this section, I found that only 3-4 instructional videos are available, which might cover only less than 10% of the whole scope.

Just want to confirm if I miss anythig? as I expect to have more instructional video for this section.
Hello @BSiri4487 I moved your post to this thread, which discusses our publishing process. We publish videos throughout the exam year. We are currently working on the videos in Topic 8, so you will begin to see more videos published shortly. Thank you.

RChow4139

Subscriber
Would there be an instructional video for measurement of credit risk for Part 1 Topic 4 ? It seems to be a tricky reading.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello! Thanks for the update. Wondering will there be instructional video for P2 Credit Risk:
De Laurentis, Chapter 3: Ratings Assignment Methodologies ?

Thank you!
Would there be an instructional video for measurement of credit risk for Part 1 Topic 4 ? It seems to be a tricky reading.
@llu2928 @RChow4139 We are working diligently to provide as many videos as possible. They take a great deal of time, and we are not able to provide information about when specific videos will be published or if we will publish a video for a specific topic. Right now, we are working on videos in Topics 3 and 8. Once we have finished those topics, we will move forward to decide which topics and chapters will be next. Thank you.

Shau_2207

Chatper 8 ORR Cyber resilience section 8.6 "Interconnections with Third Parties" is missing in the notes
- Governance of 3rd party connections
>> wide spread expectations and practices
>> expectations on the scope of the ecosystem & mng of 3rd parties
>> Observed supevisory practices
- Information confidentiality and integrity
- Specific expectations and practices with regard to the visibility of 3rd party connections
- Auditing and testing
- Resources and skills

@David Harper CFA FRM @Nicole Seaman , Any Update on this please?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
@Shau_2207 I moved your post out of the Error Thread here to our publishing process thread. As noted in the original post of this thread, we are not able to provide updates on specific materials. We are working hard to publish as much content as possible, but there will always be some gaps in the materials where some items may not be published. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.