FAQ After Exam Work Experience Verifying Time 2020/2021

tigeryellow

Note from Nicole: I moved all of the posts regarding 2020/2021 work experience verification to this new thread. I created this new thread because our Work Experience Verification thread is really getting filled up with complaints about GARP and the verification process for 2020 during the pandemic (which is not the normal process). We want members in the future to be able to go to the verification thread and read through comments about the normal verification process, and the current thread is becoming very unhelpful. We ask that you please keep all discussions about work experience verification in this thread. Thank you.

Are there any guys who applied recently or at least this year after COVID-19? It is said that verifying time will be pretty long due to epidemic. I passed examination 2019 May but just submitted my experience late last month, just as soon as I obtained my two years experience. My workmate said one of her friend submitted on mid Aug took more than two months but had not been approved yet. Hope any one could share your experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any guys who applied recently or at least this year after COVID-19? It is said that verifying time will be pretty long due to epidemic. I passed examination 2019 May but just submitted my experience late last month, just as soon as I obtained my two years experience. My workmate said one of her friend submitted on mid Aug took more than two months but had not been approved yet. Hope any one could share your experience.
I am facing this problem as well. I had submitted my work experience for review on 20th August 2020. It's 20th November 2020 today still I've not received any communication from them regarding my work experience review. I had emailed the member services twice on 20th September and 20th October. Every time they replied that "There has been a bit of delay in review process due to huge influx of submissions. It may be another couple of weeks before you receive notification regarding your submission status". It's pretty disappointing (as well as frustrating) that GARP is taking a QUARTER to review CVs. Going through all the forums related to time required for people to get their experience reviewed, I thought the maximum it could take is 6-8 weeks. But I'm clearly wrong here. I am not sure why they are delaying this. Are there any other people facing this issue?

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@waiting_to_get_verified That is totally disappointing, but I'm constantly disappointed by the experiences in this thread. Given how much (successful!) effort and money you spent passing the exam, I'm frustrated for you. The whole experience verification is ridiculously archaic, in my opinion. First, in the glacially slow timeline: candidates should be able to start the experience verification even before they sit for the exam (e.g., CFP). There's no reason some candidates couldn't be verified before/during their exam sit, is there? (plus might make submissions less lumpy). Second, in this era of digital transformation, the goal should be to verify in less than one week; e.g., LinkedIn. Third, just as the exam needs more transparency, so should this process; for myself, I don't know what they actually do to verify. The process is begging for a digitally-based re-engineering; maybe triage an initial pre-exam submission with AI (?). Think outside the box into the new world. The whole thing is begging for disruption by customer-focused capabilities.

tigeryellow

Hi, Guys. My status updates. It tells me my submission is revived and being review. It has been one and a half month since I submit it.

I did not know how long it will take to get certified or if they might ask me for extra documents. I will keep updating to let you have a reference.

onpatbateman

Have not received anything yet except half a dozen promotion emails; e.g. for the CAIA charter, you receive a confirmation immediately after submitting. If they do not check every submission in detail, no idea what the long waiting time is for.

VWJETTY

I agree. Mine's still in review. From what Nicole said it might take as much as (if not more) than 2 months to get processed. Get the popcorn ready fellas....

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Could also people write something here when they get response about their work experience?
I've moved your post to the Work Experience thread, as we try to keep topics together in the forum. The exam feedback threads are for discussing the actual exam so future candidates can reference the threads to prepare for their exams. If we can keep discussion about work experience here, that would be helpful :)

VWJETTY

hey guys,

did ANYONE get an update yet? I know those of us who passed in October 2020 would probably be further back in line, but it'd be a good sign to see something. Or do you think they're just gonna throw in towel at this point until 2021?

Rob

I suppose GARP has their hands full with rescheduling / relocating exams, deferrals etc. It’s fair to let us wait for verification and make sure, that exams can be taken by those, who are currently preparing for exams (and hoping they can actually be offered)

onpatbateman

I suppose GARP has their hands full with rescheduling / relocating exams, deferrals etc. It’s fair to let us wait for verification and make sure, that exams can be taken by those, who are currently preparing for exams (and hoping they can actually be offered)
Well, would agree if the certification is for free, but in this case lots of time and money was spent and employers might ask for / await the certification etc.
Btw, assume the certificate is going to state 2021 (or maybe 2022?) not 2020 anymore?

VWJETTY

Nah it'll be 2020 if you took and passed in October/November. I stay steadfast with my prior opinions about this institution.

I am facing this problem as well. I had submitted my work experience for review on 20th August 2020. It's 20th November 2020 today still I've not received any communication from them regarding my work experience review. I had emailed the member services twice on 20th September and 20th October. Every time they replied that "There has been a bit of delay in review process due to huge influx of submissions. It may be another couple of weeks before you receive notification regarding your submission status". It's pretty disappointing (as well as frustrating) that GARP is taking a QUARTER to review CVs. Going through all the forums related to time required for people to get their experience reviewed, I thought the maximum it could take is 6-8 weeks. But I'm clearly wrong here. I am not sure why they are delaying this. Are there any other people facing this issue?
Update It has been more than 4.5 months I still have not received any confirmation from garp regarding work experience verification. The website is showing the status as "submission received". It has been a really very disappointing experience for me hopefully others do not have to face such horrible lax timelines. I'd not hesitate to say that this has downgraded the credibility of the FRM certificate issuing authority, GARP in my eyes.

VWJETTY

Wow. Four and a half months (sigh). That's about as long as people study for these exams. I have no comment for this level of professional conduct.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Update It has been more than 4.5 months I still have not received any confirmation from garp regarding work experience verification. The website is showing the status as "submission received". It has been a really very disappointing experience for me hopefully others do not have to face such horrible lax timelines. I'd not hesitate to say that this has downgraded the credibility of the FRM certificate issuing authority, GARP in my eyes.
Hello @waiting_to_get_verified

Have you contacted GARP member services again about this? It should definitely not take this long. I can try to find out what is going on for you if you want to send me an email with your information. We can generally contact GARP to see if we can find out what is going on if you have waited for more than 8 weeks for verification. My email address is [email protected].

February 1, 2021: Edited to add that I cannot contact GARP for anyone at this time regarding this work experience. Please see my updated post here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/work-experience-verifying-time-2020.23672/post-87057

Last edited:
@FRMLearner92

Have you contacted GARP about this? I would recommend sending an email to [email protected] to see if they can provide you with an update. If they do not respond to your email in a timely manner, I would be happy to contact them for you.

Thank you,

Nicole
I have attached a snapshot of the latest conversation that I had with member services, garp as well as the submission status here for reference. Let me know if you'd want me to forward the entire conversation that I've had with the member services to you. Appreciate your help on this though I have seriously given up on this. Additionally I noticed that GARP has not released the list of qualified FRMS for Q3,Q4 2020 on their website. I don't understand why is that the case either.

Attachments

• FRM_REPLY.png
    FRM_REPLY.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 154
  • FRM_STATUS.png
    FRM_STATUS.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 152