Practice Exams

paiva85

Hi David,

I noticed on a few of the FR's you reference actual GARP questions from recent exams and was wondering if they are available somewhere on the GARP website to download? I couldn't find them anywhere in the Digital Library. I see you do have mock exam C available for L1 now which is going to be a huge help as well. Just looking for as many questions in this last week to really fine tune my preparation for next Saturday.

Thanks,

Devin

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Devin,

Yes, the Focus Review are actually grounded in a 3-year history of GARP's practice exams; Suzanne collected them by topic. (Although our mock exams copy from no source at all; mocks are pure BT)

I thought we included the recent history of GARP practice exams in the Study Planner? I am copying Suzanne Evans because, if not, we can make the the last three years conveniently available (worst case, as links to the dropbox PDFs, i would think?), we will make those available as soon as possible, thanks,

synicq

Hi David, I just noticed the GARP practice exam for 2012 has only 1 exam? The 2011 version has 2 exams. Am I missing something?

Mark W

Hi David,

I know you've definitely answered this before so I'll accept a one word Yay/Nay response but I can't find where you mentioned it (I've forum trawled for the last 30 mins but have lost it :( ).

With respect to Part 1:

2012 GARP practice exam Qs: relevant
2011 GARP practice exam Qs: relevant
2010 GARP practice exam Qs: ???

I do recall you saying something about the variable quality as we go further back in time and the syllabus splitting into two around 2009 - thus I'm wondering if the 2012 practice exam Qs are worth bothering with?

Many thanks,

Mark

P.S. Obviously the 4 BT mocks take priority! ;)

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Mark,

I think GARP's 2009 to 2012 are relevant to Part 1 (P1) candidates. I do think the relevance deteriorates the further back you go, such that I personally would not utilize questions prior to 2008. I do think the 2012 are somewhat useful, but there are only 25 of them, so they just a fragment of the testable domain. I hope that helps, thanks,

Mark W

Hi Mark,

I think GARP's 2009 to 2012 are relevant to Part 1 (P1) candidates. I do think the relevance deteriorates the further back you go, such that I personally would not utilize questions prior to 2008. I do think the 2012 are somewhat useful, but there are only 25 of them, so they just a fragment of the testable domain. I hope that helps, thanks,

Ah, thanks! Though I meant to say "thus I'm wondering if the 2010 practice exam Qs are worth bothering with?".

But I can comfortably infer from your above that the 2010 are worth doing if I've got time.

Many thanks!

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Oh, right, for Part 1, I always like the trailing three years because P1 does not churn nearly as much as P2 ... in fact, I probably should include 2009 (the first year GARP introduced the P1/P2 separation) since the 2009 P1 is remarkably similar to the 2012 P1. So, on balance for Part 1, I think 2009 to 2012 are the best GARP historical reference set (and I probably would not bother with 2008 and prior; or 2007 and prior, taste depending). Thanks,

the_tank

This is a great website for FRM. I'll probably sign up for level 2 exam. I noticed that 2011 level 1 annotated GARP sample exam is not accessible to me. I am curious if it is intended for member only? It seems odd that 2010 2009 and 2012 are all public. Very few views on those questions, average 10.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
the_tank Yes, Suzanne's links above all point to files accessible by paid members only (the little red flag, FRM1 or FRM2, betrays paid resource).

Re: "It seems odd that 2010 2009 and 2012 are all public. Very few views on those questions, average 10"
Sorry, i don't know to what you are referring? thanks,