Exam Feedback October 2020 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooonwoo

my failed part1 result suddenly appear on the FRM tab.. evenif i already passed and waiting for part2 result. Is there someone same as me?

VWJETTY

They just updated the website again. I don't want to cause any panic but I can see the registration link now (previously didn't).

Yeah, a friend texted me that they were going to release it earlier as well. Seems like they can't make up their mind haha

They just updated the website again. I don't want to cause any panic but I can see the registration link now (previously didn't).

Yeah, a friend texted me that they were going to release it earlier as well. Seems like they can't make up their mind haha
i can register for both level 1 and level 2 hahaha

VWJETTY

Haha that's hilarious. I can't even be anxious/nervous anymore, this has been a ridiculous rollercoaster of a ride.

I can't register for 1 but can for level 2. but then again I passed 1 first time and was a late/no-show for level 2 so I technically failed level 2 last year. Just to clear it up if that helps any.

i can register for both level 1 and level 2 hahaha

I checked again today and almost got a small heart attack, because it said "fail". But that is still the status of my last exam back in November 2019 which I actually failed:

garp website.png

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
All while still sending out webinar invites (some for a price), and increasing the cost of the exam registration.

On another note, I just heard from my ERP friend that they cancelled the ERP Program altogether. The program itself, not just the scheduled test. He is absolutely gutted! GARP's rationale is that it's no longer relevant; imagine telling that to your employer.
@Hedwig_who_has_red_socks

I posted the announcement regarding the ERP exam earlier this morning if anyone is interested in reading it: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/thre...ing-the-erp-exam-after-2021.23615/#post-85943.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I just posted this in the Part 1 feedback thread because this happens every year with the website unfortunately and causes a lot of panic :confused:

"The GARP website has these website problems every year during the time that results are going to be released. We have had no explanation from them about this over the years, but I do know that it causes a lot of confusion and anxiety because candidates begin to believe that these glitches on the website mean they passed or failed, which has proven to be inaccurate. Not being able to register or not seeing specific items in your dashboard is a website issue and we highly recommend that you do not rely on this to figure out if you passed or failed."

VWJETTY

Looks like I'm going to be burning the midnight oil this evening

@Nicole Seaman do these things get updated at 1200AM per their website? I noticed it didn't say anything about it being communicated to us via e-mail this time.

Depending on your timezone it probably doesn't make sense :)
I think they will release the results during the day American time (not sure which zone they are in).
That's well into the afternoon/evening for Asia and Europe.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Depending on your timezone it probably doesn't make sense :)
I think they will release the results during the day American time (not sure which zone they are in).
That's well into the afternoon/evening for Asia and Europe.

@Nicole Seaman do these things get updated at 1200AM per their website? I noticed it didn't say anything about it being communicated to us via e-mail this time.
GARP is located in New Jersey (EST time zone) so they will most likely post during their working hours (generally 8am to 5pm for most businesses), but please do not hold me to that. I do not have more information about a specific time because they haven't given us information about anything (not even the postponement of the results). We are in the same situation as the candidates regarding the lack of information.

Feola

GARP is located in New Jersey (EST time zone) so they will most likely post during their working hours (generally 8am to 5pm for most businesses), but please do not hold me to that. I do not have more information about a specific time because they haven't given us information about anything (not even the postponement of the results). We are in the same situation as the candidates regarding the lack of information.
I think it is an automated process. The November 2019 exam results were posted on the website at 1 a.m. (EST time) on the 2nd of January. This got me really frustrated by wondering that if it is all automatic why would they not release it before Christmas (as I don't think they would be gradind exams on the days between Christmas and New Year's Day).

snitint

I feel that the person behind the keyboard of GARP twitter had a slip of tongue, given the inside information he/she has, and later decided to stick to (another) official date for results.

Status
Not open for further replies.