Exam Feedback October 2020 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Yes, and it was not my intention to put you in a bad light. I hope that clears the air and apologies if it was perceived that way.
No, I did not take offense to what you wrote, but thank you for making that clear :) I just wanted to make sure nobody thought I was defending GARP. I am EXTREMELY frustrated and disappointed in the way that they have handled things recently. Postponing exams last minute, not releasing the exam results by the date they stated (and not giving any warning that they would be released later), and really just not communicating effectively at all is so frustrating for everyone. :(

Guys, I am now able to register for the 2nd part on the dashboard which was not the case previously. Anyone experiencing the same case? Might not be a good sign.
If you took part 1, it actually could be a good sign.
Historicaly, being able to register for part 2 meant you passed part 1. It was an early tell, but only like some hours before the official confirmation.
Being able to register for the same exam that you took used to be a bad sign.

VWJETTY

Called FRM this morning, and as @Nicole Seaman stated, GARP said they were out of office Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and that they historically do no release results on a weekend or holiday schedule was their reason for the delay. And also they don't know when official results will be released on December 4th, other than "as soon as possible"

nrustamli

Called FRM this morning, and as @Nicole Seaman stated, GARP said they were out of office Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and that they historically do no release results on a weekend or holiday schedule was their reason for the delay. And also they don't know when official results will be released on December 4th, other than "as soon as possible"

It must have been a real shock to them when Thanksgiving was moved to this week at the last moment, disrupting all the meticulous planning.

VWJETTY

It must have been a real shock to them when Thanksgiving was moved to this week at the last moment, disrupting all the meticulous planning.

I like at the sarcasm.

I, too sensed some level of bull**** in their response but they refuse to offer any sort of concrete information. And we were chatting for a solid 15 minute minimum where I didn't hold much back to give them a piece of what I thought :)

If you took part 1, it actually could be a good sign.
Historicaly, being able to register for part 2 meant you passed part 1. It was an early tell, but only like some hours before the official confirmation.
Being able to register for the same exam that you took used to be a bad sign.
I just checked on my Dashboard and I also got the link to register for FRM 2... :-( I really hope, it doesn‘t mean I haven‘t passed FRM 2....

Fjrodriguez

I saw the link to register for 1 minute and then disappeared when i refreshed the web. It was really weird. Since that moment, I just see results on 4th Dec. I dont know what to think, I was worry in first instance because that was a bad signal, but as the link suddenly disappeared and doesnt appear anymore, I am less nervous. Dont know what to think....
does anyone else based in Europe see on the dashboard the link to register? I can only see results on 4th Dec

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
In case there is any confusion as to when the October exam results are being released, this is on the GARP website. It shows that the results will now be released on December 4th. As stated in one of my posts above, trying to figure out if something on the website means that you passed or failed is not accurate. I do not recommend relying on anything you might find when logged into your GARP account until the official results are released. The hacks and tricks have been tried for a number of years, and they are not accurate. They just cause more stress for everyone. The glitches on the GARP website happen every year right before the results are released. :/

garp.jpg

As european, I did not even think of thanksgiving. But it makes a lot of sense now. Probably they just moved the exam date and kept the publication date 6 weeks after the exam, oblivious of the holiday. It really looks that this has taken them by surprise given the late communication.

I found it very cute how my daughter couldn't wait to open the first door of the advent calender, counting the days (or how many more times she has to go to bed).
Guess who is counting the days now :-D

davidovg

I find it very unprofessional from GARP by not respecting the deadline given on their page. There are people whose career depend on this exam and they don’t even make an effort to write an email saying that results won’t be released on time.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
I find it very unprofessional from GARP by not respecting the deadline given on their page. There are people whose career depend on this exam and they don’t even make an effort to write an email saying that results won’t be released on time.

well put, and I agree 100%

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@shuairan82 exactly. None of this surprises me, although I'm always astonished when I observe standards that are so low that even empathy is not achieved (e.g., threshold respect for customers who pay a lot of money), if you know what I mean. I try not too hard to think about it, because I soon become overcome with disgust; Nicole and I work so hard to represent the FRM with professionalism that it honestly saddens me.

To understand why none of it surprises me, you might enjoy (although you might not) this Memo I sent to the Committee and the Trustees https://forum.bionicturtle.com/thre...-committee-and-garps-board-of-trustees.22758/

VWJETTY

You can't help someone (in this case an Institution) that doesn't want to help itself.

Bright side is half the curriculum here seems to be transferrable to the CFA curriculum, granted that the competition for 3rd party test prep providers is pretty intense but at least you'll be backing a reputable organization. Just food for thought!

All while still sending out webinar invites (some for a price), and increasing the cost of the exam registration.

On another note, I just heard from my ERP friend that they cancelled the ERP Program altogether. The program itself, not just the scheduled test. He is absolutely gutted! GARP's rationale is that it's no longer relevant; imagine telling that to your employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.