Exam Feedback November 2019 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've received my certification approval few minutes ago....i had submitted the work experience around 15 mins after the results were announced

Sixcarbs

I've received my certification approval few minutes ago....i had submitted the work experience around 15 mins after the results were announced

So they go in order and they are just getting to "Results+15 Minutes." I am roughly "Results+24 hours." I guess it could be a while.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
I think everyone needs to remember also that each person has different work experience. Two people who submitted at the same time could be approved on completely different days. One person's work experience could be very quick and easy to approve. The other person's experience could need more time to figure out if it qualifies or not. They may have a supervisor that they need to run it by. They may also split the work experience submissions between different people. One person could work more slowly than another. I really am not sure of their exact process, but this is normal compared to what I've seen in previous years, unfortunately. :(

antogiar

I think everyone needs to remember also that each person has different work experience. Two people who submitted at the same time could be approved on completely different days. One person's work experience could be very quick and easy to approve. The other person's experience could need more time to figure out if it qualifies or not. They may have a supervisor that they need to run it by. They may also split the work experience submissions between different people. One person could work more slowly than another. I really am not sure of their exact process, but this is normal compared to what I've seen in previous years, unfortunately. :(

5 weeks for 20 minutes submission it’s slow in any case

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
5 weeks for 20 minutes submission it’s slow in any case
I'm not disagreeing with anyone about how slow the process is. I'm just saying that it is normal compared to previous years. GARP states 4-6 weeks for approval and they haven't changed that time frame in years as far as I know. :/

Pciruna

It looks like the majority of us will be waiting until the very last week. We have to be patient at this point we are almost there :)

Sixcarbs

Another week, another day. We wait.

I just applied for a job on Linkedin. One automated question popped up, "Are you a certified FRM?" I had to say no. Stating you passed both parts is like some kind of asterik on your CV.

I had been holding off applying for it but the message came up, "Closing soon."

Hopefully we'll get some news soon, and that news will be positive.

GL to all!

antogiar

Another week, another day. We wait.

I just applied for a job on Linkedin. One automated question popped up, "Are you a certified FRM?" I had to say no. Stating you passed both parts is like some kind of asterik on your CV.

I had been holding off applying for it but the message came up, "Closing soon."

Hopefully we'll get some news soon, and that news will be positive.

GL to all!

Hopefully the wait will be over soon...

hamzaamiri

I had submitted my work experience on 8th Jan, got approved on 3rd Feb
Congratulation William.
It's really strange i submit on jan, 2nd at 2h48 ET, and my experience is very easy to approve i'm risk Consultant that lead several Risk Management project ... For me it's a no brainer

Manager of several consulting project in Quantitative Risk Management
1.Internal rating system implementation. Models for Large Compagny and Retail.
2. ICAAP : Risk Appetite Framework and Economic Capital Model. Calculate unexpexted Loss for credit Risk ( CreditMetrics), Operational risk (Ama Approach),,,
3. Economic Capital Model. Calculate Unexpected Loss for Credit risk (Credit risk + Approach) Operational Risk (AMA Approach) Market Risk (VaR + SVar)
4.: Review and validation of credit scoring model
5. IFRS 9: Expected credit loss model (Corporate and retail)
6. Risk Management strategy and Policy : Analyse rating criteria of rating agency (S&P, Moody’s, Fitch) to define limit of risk exposures and rating target based on actual profile
Set up for each Risk the approproate methods to calculate to capital requirement (Credit, Market, Operational) based on Basel Framework 7. Funding Management policy : Risk evaluation for all possible funding for the bank Deposit Bonds, Loan, Subordinated debt, equity… Analyse and determine the cost f financing based on the actual market rate environment and the credit rating of the company and Choose the best mix of funding

tezozheng

Hi Guys,
My work experience got denied today since it is not sufficient. I used to work at a a Chinese American community bank as a risk management assistant(first year) and credit analyst(second year) over two years.
Here is my second draft of my work experience, I do not want got reject again, so is anyone can take a look and let me know if it need improvement. (English is not my first language, so may have some grammar issue)

1.Research markets and use quantitative methods and tools to evaluate both cash-flow and collateral-based loans/credits.
2. Monitor and test the default probabilities on potential clients with both risk-neutral and historical approach.
3. Participate in developing, testing, and optimizing risk processes, ensuring consistency and regulatory compliance, and assist in the implementation of those policies, processes and other related initiatives.
4. Assist credit risk management activities through performing stress tests and quarterly financial reviews and risk rating analysis.

Thanks,

Detective

Hi Guys,
My work experience got denied today since it is not sufficient. I used to work at a a Chinese American community bank as a risk management assistant(first year) and credit analyst(second year) over two years.
Here is my second draft of my work experience, I do not want got reject again, so is anyone can take a look and let me know if it need improvement. (English is not my first language, so may have some grammar issue)

1.Research markets and use quantitative methods and tools to evaluate both cash-flow and collateral-based loans/credits.
2. Monitor and test the default probabilities on potential clients with both risk-neutral and historical approach.
3. Participate in developing, testing, and optimizing risk processes, ensuring consistency and regulatory compliance, and assist in the implementation of those policies, processes and other related initiatives.
4. Assist credit risk management activities through performing stress tests and quarterly financial reviews and risk rating analysis.

Thanks,

It reads a bit vague. Do you have the first draft that got rejected for comparison? I think this actually might get accepted, but if it was on a CV or job interview I would say it’s lacking substance (contains too much filler).

I would specify the firm, your role and department in the actual submission. Some questions for you:

1) What kind of quantitive tools are you using? What type of securities are you looking at? What kind of loans are these?

2) What does potential clients mean here? Are these clients of the bank like individuals or smaller member banks? Are these people taking a loan from the bank or what? Need more context.

3) OK, got an example of a major project you worked on related to this?

4) What kind of stress tests?

——-

If you can incorporate specifics I think it will present a stronger case.

DouglasBrown

You may want to avoid words like 'assist' or 'participate' unless you follow up by saying what you, personally, actually did.

A good guide as to what to say could be the job specification, and any objectives you were given.

When they rejected do they ask for specific evidence? I imagine that it's a fairly objective process and possibly a case of meeting set criteria. So ideally you want to know what that criteria is.

Status
Not open for further replies.