Exam Feedback November 2019 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Melkin

I have submitted on Jan, 2nd, and tomorrow it's going to be exactly 6 weeks for GARP to check my experience. Now having the disbelief if they will ever approve it anywhere within the submitting window ending on March, 13th.

UPD: IDK, maybe the relevance of my experience is not that evident from what I've mentioned in my CV. But well, I'm an IT guy, not a pure risk manager, but still some solid knowledge in the area is required. Here's what I've posted (the most relevant are the first 3 lines; the others (from (3) to the end) are rather for gathering the required number of words):

Business/IT analyst, product owner of the software applications: CVA/PFE clients. Responsible for:
(1) implementing new products regarding pricing with use of CVA and PFE simulations.
(2) UAT/IFT software testing regarding the correct implementation of the risk models.

(3) determining business objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
(4) constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
(5) improving software applications by studying current practices; designing modifications.
(6) recommending controls by identifying problems.
(7) creating/correcting the SQL procedures and entities.
(8) contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
(9) performing daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports with use of JIRA Attlasian Framework.

Last edited:

antogiar

I'm actually working in Risk Management since Jan 2011 and I'm still waiting. I can understand that takes time but sincerely is taking ages.

Last edited:
I don't work in the risk department but I've been working for an FX, CFD brokerage firm in the projects/products team. I discussed how we identified some obvious risks in current processes and then incorporated risk mitigation techniques in our IT projects for internal users. Also, there was a project specifically for the risk department wherein I helped with the solution design, tested, deployed and trained the end users. Of course deployment was done after everyone relevant to the product signed off :)
GARP approved my work experience last Friday.

antogiar

I'm starting thinking that really depends on which desk you land. My working experience is sincerely way easier than IT guys developing software for RM

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman Could you please ask them why is taking that long this session? They will surely answer you
Hello @antogiar

GARP states that it takes 4-6 weeks to process work experience. I believe I stated this earlier in the thread, but I will have to find my post, that GARP has asked us NOT to contact them regarding any specific candidate's work experience until it has been at least 6 weeks. I'm sorry, but this is completely normal for GARP to take this long (not just this session). I'm not saying it is right or that it should take this long, but it has always been this way and we, unfortunately, can't change it. What date did you submit your experience? Have you tried reaching out to GARP via email or telephone?

antogiar

Hello @antogiar

GARP states that it takes 4-6 weeks to process work experience. I believe I stated this earlier in the thread, but I will have to find my post, that GARP has asked us NOT to contact them regarding any specific candidate's work experience until it has been at least 6 weeks. I'm sorry, but this is completely normal for GARP to take this long (not just this session). I'm not saying it is right or that it should take this long, but it has always been this way and we, unfortunately, can't change it. What date did you submit your experience? Have you tried reaching out to GARP via email or telephone?

I sent them an email last week with no answer. Let`s wait, hopefully it will take less than 8 weeks.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I sent them an email last week with no answer. Let`s wait, hopefully it will take less than 8 weeks.
@antogiar

I apologize. I updated my post to say at least 6 weeks instead of 8. I mistakenly put 8 in my original post. Can you please email me at [email protected] with your full name, the date you submitted your experience and the dates of any emails that you have sent to them. Please do not post the information in the forum. It is much easier for me to communicate with members by email when it is something specific like this.

Pciruna

Hi @Nicole Seaman, from your experience, has GARP provided work experience validations in the very last day making up the 6th week? In other words, if we have not yet received GARP's response should we reach out to them today or wait until tomorrow?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman, from your experience, has GARP provided work experience validations in the very last day making up the 6th week? In other words, if we have not yet received GARP's response should we reach out to them today or wait until tomorrow?
Hello @Pciruna

I would have to look back through the previous feedback threads, but it seems that each year they approve work experience daily. I have no idea how many people are approved on a daily basis though. If you have waited 6 weeks then I definitely suggest reaching out to them. If it is over 6 weeks for you and you have already tried to contact them, please send me the information that I posted above via email and I will see what I can do.

Can you please email me at [email protected] with your full name, the date you submitted your experience and the dates of any emails that you have sent to them. Please do not post the information in the forum. It is much easier for me to communicate with members by email when it is something specific like this.

Pciruna

Hello @Pciruna

I would have to look back through the previous feedback threads, but it seems that each year they approve work experience daily. I have no idea how many people are approved on a daily basis though. If you have waited 6 weeks then I definitely suggest reaching out to them. If it is over 6 weeks for you and you have already tried to contact them, please send me the information that I posted above via email and I will see what I can do.
Thank you Nicole. I will try reaching out to GARP first but if no response by tomorrow then I will have no choice but to bother you for some help.

Pciruna

Thank you Nicole. I will try reaching out to GARP first but if no response by tomorrow then I will have no choice but to bother you for some help.

@Nicole Seaman I just received GARP's confirmation shortly after I emailed them so please disregard any additional request from me. As I now have crossed the finished line, I'd like to once again express my utmost gratitude to both yourself and David for all the hard work in breaking down very complex material into an intuitive and concise manner. The BT resources were indispensable and crucial to my success in passing both parts of the FRM exam. Thanks again and Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

hamzaamiri

@Nicole Seaman I just received GARP's confirmation shortly after I emailed them so please disregard any additional request from me. As I now have crossed the finished line, I'd like to once again express my utmost gratitude to both yourself and David for all the hard work in breaking down very complex material into an intuitive and concise manner. The BT resources were indispensable and crucial to my success in passing both parts of the FRM exam. Thanks again and Good luck everyone!

Hello @Pciruna

Did you send the email to [email protected] or another mail adress?

Thanks,

hamzaamiri

Hi @hamzaamiri Yes, that's the one. My email confirmation however came directly from GARP's so it could have just been a coincidence. My guess is they will be releasing most of the remaining work experiences submitted by tomorrow.

Thanks a lot @Pciruna
I submited on january 2nd at 2h48 i'll be surprised if they'll be able to verify all the people that submited on the 2nd and 3rd in one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.