Good luck and New Website Coming Soon!

Suzanne Evans

Good luck to all those sitting for the FRM this weekend.

Just a reminder... Our new website launches this coming Monday. Our site will be down Sunday evening thru Monday. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Here is our new home page video for our upcoming website that launches Monday, November 18th. The website is much simpler with a far superior, well organized Study Planner.

Pflik

thank you, and good timing... if all goes well, i will start part 2 in style... with a new site :)(or part 1 but let's not hope so)

Sirkahuna

Hi,
I could not find where to post a new conversation for all to see hence I chose this

I work as a risk consultant and we have a software that calculates Inherent Risk (likelihood * Consequence) then the Effectiveness of control for each likelihood & Consequence in percentage......here is were it get tricky for the total Residual Risk we usually take the average of the percetage of control effectiveness and reduce the total Inherent risk by the average percentage. eg using the 5by5 matrix the Inherent likelihood and the Inherent consequence is 4*5=20 then the effectiveness of control is say 40% on likelihood and 20% on consequence.
Calculation for the residual risk is ... for Residual likelihood 4-(0.4*4)=3.6 and for Residual Consequence 5-(0.2*5)=4.
Now my question is for the total RESIDUAL RISK should we be using the average of the percentage of the controls (40+20)/2 then reduce the Total INHERENT RISK by the average of the percentage to be 20-(o.3*20)=14 or should we be just calculating the TOTAL RESIDUAL RISK as Residual Likelihood * Residual Consequence to be 3.6*4=8.4

Thanks In advance
Sirkahuna
[email protected]