The new website has been launched!

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
to avoid any confusion, i am not talking for everyone (and clearly stated such) and am expressing my opinion and experience. apologies, i was unaware this was against the ethos of the forum.

The ethos of the forum is transparency, to which I myself am also entitled (I'm only responding because I start my workday on this transparent forum that I have hosted for over a decade). I start every day here in the forum, tying to answer questions to help candidates. Our process has been the same for over a decade. None of our EPP competitors has even really attempted the sort of transparency we aim for here (on this forum). But it's not an excuse to constantly pepper us on timing. GARP made a lot of changes this year. It takes all EPPs time to update material. I just clicked over to our primary competitor (for 30 seconds, just to see) and I'm seeing March and April, for example. Your first "fantasy" is that any of those other EPP providers will have no gaps by May. Why don't you write GARP and ask them why they recklessly churn the syllabus to make it difficult on all EPPs?

We're transparent, if anybody doesn't like how we do this, my sincere preference is that you simply not purchase. Just don't purchase. But if you do purchase, please don't try to induce stress on us with impossible schedules and/or false comparisons to other EPPs when we are (probably) the earliest with new material. For me, the sales isn't worth the stress, okay? My preference is that you: 1. Write GARP, 2. Just don't buy the product

TLDR: If you think you might live in a fantasy world of expectations, then its really simple: just don't buy the product. But, whatever you do, please don't buy the product then use the forum to induces stress with fantasy-based expectations (and/or false comparisons).

TLDR #2: Another reason these attempts to induce stress bother me: we aim for quality here, including deeply detailed practice questions. I've spent most of today working out a single practice question set: yea, it took more time than I wanted, but I'm happy with it because it blankets the new reading with details. Quality takes time (including it enables us to make several contributions to the syllabus itself, FWIW. We've already made more than a dozen contributions/improvements to the 2020 material. At this rate of quality, I expect us to make many more). If you would prefer to rush us into not-quality under the guise of too-soon completeness, then maybe a different EPP is a better fit for you?

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
i would argue that was not made sufficiently clear when purchasing your package.

publishing process for 2020 says "As with previous years, we will continue to add new and updated materials throughout the exam period and not all at once." my exam period is until May 2020 and from the above it is clear that the material will not be completely updated for then meaning those who sit the exam in May will not have received all the material they paid for, while those who sit in November will - I note both pay the same fee, may access is not pro-rata'd.

I can't speak for everyone or in every instance, but my experience of other education providers (Kaplan, Fitch Learning and BPP) i have never paid for a course and had gaps/old material.
@tekkenking

If you would like a refund please email me at [email protected]. If I have understood correctly, other prep providers (like Kaplan that you mentioned) have you pre-ordering so you don't even have all of their materials to study from until they release them. At least we leave our 2019 materials in the study planner for you to begin your studies, as GARP did not change the entire curriculum. If you looked at our curriculum analysis XLS it clearly shows that any of our 2019 materials that are in the study planner are RELEVANT to 2020. So they are NOT old materials. The learning objectives are the same. Our update process includes adding to the already relevant materials so they include new learning objectives. This has proven to be a very efficient process for over a decade.

Sonu FRM

Subscriber
Dear David Harper & Nicole,
I believe there are many silent BT subscribers who value and appreciate the work you do. The success rates of BT subscribers in FRM exams is a reflection of the time and effort you put in to provide the best quality material. Please don't be disheartened by few stray comments, which may have resulted from their anxiety. Keep up the great work !

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Dear David Harper & Nicole,
I believe there are many silent BT subscribers who value and appreciate the work you do. The success rates of BT subscribers in FRM exams is a reflection of the time and effort you put in to provide the best quality material. Please don't be disheartened by few stray comments, which may have resulted from their anxiety. Keep up the great work !
@Sonu FRM

Thank you so much for your kind words! The launch of a new site is always stressful, but everything that we do is for our customers. We strive to provide the best materials and support for FRM candidates. David is a certified FRM and he has been providing materials and support for this exam for over a decade. He knows the process and he knows how stressful studying for the exam can be so we can certainly relate to the anxiety. Although I am not a certified FRM, I understand that this exam is very stressful and I do my very best to provide the best customer support possible and fix any issues that arise immediately. We make sure that we are available to our members every single day. We are a two-person company and I personally feel that we provide more personalized support and high-quality materials than many big corporations. We just do the best that we can and will continue to even with any negativity that may arise throughout the process. :)

DomBru

Hello @DomBru

Yes, when we update materials, we retain the content in the previous version if it is still relevant and we add the new LOs and republish. We will eventually have all of the materials updated, but it is impossible to have all study notes, PQs, instructional videos, interactive quizzes, focus review videos, and learning spreadsheets updated before the May exam. There will be some gaps in the materials.
perfect, thank you for your answer.

jajo21

Interactive exams seem missing in the review section of the each curricumulum. Is there any changes to interactive exams? thank you.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Interactive exams seem missing in the review section of the each curricumulum. Is there any changes to interactive exams? thank you.
Hello, we will get those published as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. In the meantime, you can review the questions that are included in the interactive quizzes here in the forum. I just posted in another thread regarding this: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/please-read-publishing-process-for-2020.22937/post-80762.

Eustice_Langham

@Sonu FRM

Thank you so much for your kind words! The launch of a new site is always stressful, but everything that we do is for our customers. We strive to provide the best materials and support for FRM candidates. David is a certified FRM and he has been providing materials and support for this exam for over a decade. He knows the process and he knows how stressful studying for the exam can be so we can certainly relate to the anxiety. Although I am not a certified FRM, I understand that this exam is very stressful and I do my very best to provide the best customer support possible and fix any issues that arise immediately. We make sure that we are available to our members every single day. We are a two-person company and I personally feel that we provide more personalized support and high-quality materials than many big corporations. We just do the best that we can and will continue to even with any negativity that may arise throughout the process. :)
One thing that I will say about BT, and I'm not taking sides on this, is that some other providers (who it isn't appropriate to mention their names on a BT forum) have not yet even made available the new 2020 study notes, owing to the changes introduced by GARP.

yumetriz

Hello,
I purchased FRM PART 1 Advanced but since today have only excces to FRM part 1 basic....
Would appreciate your help.

conanthebarbarian

Hi,

I purchased FRM Part 2 Advanced and I only see FRM Part 1 topics in the study course. If I click on FRM Part 2 Advanced under the My courses tab it brings me to FRM Part I topics. Please see the attached screens.
Could you resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Attachments

• snip1.jpg
    snip1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1
  • snip2.jpg
    snip2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ndv5065

As I'm sure you have noticed, the upgraded website with our new study planner has been launched! Just a few things to point out:
  • You will notice that the navigation on the site is different. The Study Planner link at top of the page has now been replaced with My Courses. When you click on My Courses, just navigate to the study package that you purchased and that will bring you to the new study planner.
  • Our publishing process remains the same. There are many new materials in the study planner, but we are still working hard to get everything updated so you will still see topics that have not been updated with new materials yet.
  • If you find anything that is not functioning properly, please email me here: [email protected] or feel free to comment below. We tested everything extensively before the launch and we are continuing to check everything, but it is helpful to know if anyone is experiencing any issues.
  • It is going to take some time for me to get things running completely smoothly. This is a big change and there will be some functionality changes, styling, etc. that we need to work on throughout the week. We want to provide the most functional and visually appealing study planner possible for our members. We ask for your patience while we are working on these things.
  • I am aware that there are going to be some links that I need to change in some of the forum announcement threads, FAQ threads, etc because of the new layout of the website. I will be updating these as soon as I can.
Thank you :)

Nicole

Hi Nicole,
The links under "My Courses" may be mis-specified. When i go to my courses and click on part 2, it directs me to my part 1 study materials. if i then change the http link to part 2 manually, it will direct me to the part 2 materials.

Harold Finch

Hello Nicole/David

I paid for the FRM Part 2 professional. When I click on FRM Part 2 in "My Courses" I am sent to FRM basic 1. I cannot see any material from Part 2.:mad:

Please be so kind to fix this.
Thanks.
Harold.

Javier Nieto

Dear BT team,

You have implemented a filter in my courses and now I can only see what I bought (thanks for this, it is much easier to navigate). However, when I click in this course it goes to FRM part 1 which is not the one I have bought, and now Im not able to go to FRM part II. :(.

Let us know when this is solved.
Thanks

jajo21

I have same issue with others. when I click on the product I purchased (Part 2 Professional), it directs to Part 1 of the FRM.

firstplace

Hi Nicole , I have the same issue that jajo21 and other users have. : I purchased Part 2 Professional but I only see Part 1 basic.

franklamero23

Hi Nicole, I also have the same issue: when clicking on the product I purchased (Part 2 Professional), it directs to Part 1 of the FRM.

You can solve it by going to shop courses and choose the course you bought and it would directly to your course with all the materials. Pretty sure everyone has the same issue.