The new website has been launched!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

I have updated Chrome to the latest version (80) and I still see the same. Please find below a screenshot, where you can also see that the study planner is nowhere to be found for me now.

View attachment 2554

Regards.
Hello @JRodriguez

You are actually seeing this correctly. To navigate to the study planner, you click on My Courses (which you did) and then you just need to click on the course that you purchased (Part 1 Basic, Part 1 Advanced, etc.)

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Safari 11.1.2, OS 10.11.6

I see this on Safari.

View attachment 2557
@Six Carbs Are you actually logged in? That is what someone who has not purchased would see since they wouldn't have access to the My Courses page. Unregistered and unpaid members would only see "Shop Courses" since they aren't logged in. Registered and paid members who are logged in will see "My Courses" (unpaid will see samples and paid will see paid materials). "My Courses" isn't even an option on the main page to an unregistered member.

Sixcarbs

Subscriber
@Six Carbs Are you actually logged in? That is what someone who has not purchased would see since they wouldn't have access to the My Courses page. Unregistered and unpaid members would only see "Shop Courses" since they aren't logged in. Registered and paid members who are logged in will see "My Courses" (unpaid will see samples and paid will see paid materials). "My Courses" isn't even an option on the main page to an unregistered member.

Yes and no. I was logged into the forum, but when I went to the My Courses page I had to log in again. Now I see Part 1 and Part 2, but nothing is clickable.

And now it is all normal.

Sorry to trouble you.

anandcp

Hello @anandcp

All of the materials are still published in the study planner, including the videos. As always, if a video is not published under a specific topic then we do not have one for that topic yet. To navigate to the Study Planner click on My Courses at the top of the page and then click on the study package that you have purchased. That will bring you to the study planner with all of your materials. Everything is still in PDF format for downloading. That has not changed.
Hi Nicole
Thank you for your prompt response.
When i click on "My course", i see FRM part 1 Basic. But i thought i subscribed to the Advanced one as per my invoice.
Can you please check and confirm?
Also, am unable to download the study planner excel. I can't seem to find it.
I get a page not found 404 error. Weird.

DomBru

Hello @DomBru
My earlier comment stating that " I have noted right at the top "Study Notes Coming Soon" in bold, but there may be some that do not have that wording yet. I'm working on that currently." means that if you click on a topic and there are no study notes to download then I have placed a note at the top of the description.

I will be adding threads in the forum today that will help you to see which sets of materials have been updated for 2020. Please note that we are not updating absolutely everything, as there are some readings that did not change (i.e. no new learning objectives).

Hi Nicole

Thanks a for the explanation and the new thread. That helps a lot, thanks.

Just that i understand it right: To go back to my previous example (FMP Chapter 17 Corporate Bonds ). There are about 6 LO's that are the same as in 2019 and there are 3 new LO's. How will you update this chapter? Will there be updated study notes and an updated introduction video where the 3 new LO's are included?

Thanks a lot.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole

Thanks a for the explanation and the new thread. That helps a lot, thanks.

Just that i understand it right: To go back to my previous example (FMP Chapter 17 Corporate Bonds ). There are about 6 LO's that are the same as in 2019 and there are 3 new LO's. How will you update this chapter? Will there be updated study notes and an updated introduction video where the 3 new LO's are included?

Thanks a lot.
Hello @DomBru

Yes, when we update materials, we retain the content in the previous version if it is still relevant and we add the new LOs and republish. We will eventually have all of the materials updated, but it is impossible to have all study notes, PQs, instructional videos, interactive quizzes, focus review videos, and learning spreadsheets updated before the May exam. There will be some gaps in the materials.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole
Thank you for your prompt response.
When i click on "My course", i see FRM part 1 Basic. But i thought i subscribed to the Advanced one as per my invoice.
Can you please check and confirm?
Also, am unable to download the study planner excel. I can't seem to find it.
I get a page not found 404 error. Weird.
Hello @anandcp

When you click on My Courses you should see all of the courses that we offer. Please click on the course that you ordered, which is Part 1 Advanced. Then you will see all of your paid study materials.

JRodriguez

Hello @JRodriguez

You are actually seeing this correctly. To navigate to the study planner, you click on My Courses (which you did) and then you just need to click on the course that you purchased (Part 1 Basic, Part 1 Advanced, etc.)

Hi Nicole,
I am afraid that none of the courses that I can see show any content at all. Once expanded, I can’t see any additional link or any content / study material. I am attaching a new screenshot where this can be seen.

E5E8FF61-9F27-41E0-8906-9CA26129E347.jpeg

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @JRodriguez You need to click on the actual text for the course you purchased; e.g., "FRM Part 1 Advanced"

Please note: we do realize this My Course page is not sufficiently intuitive: we are working with the developers to make it more intuitive to reach the course. The previous SP was intuitively a single click away, and I'd really like to get this first step (ie, to the actual Study Planner) to be more intuitive. Thanks,

anandcp

Hello @anandcp

When you click on My Courses you should see all of the courses that we offer. Please click on the course that you ordered, which is Part 1 Advanced. Then you will see all of your paid study materials.
@Nicole Seaman Thank you for your response. Attached is the screenshot of what i see. Am i doing something wrong here?

Attachments

• BT no data page.GIF
    BT no data page.GIF
    104 KB · Views: 11

JRodriguez

Hi @JRodriguez You need to click on the actual text for the course you purchased; e.g., "FRM Part 1 Advanced"

Please note: we do realize this My Course page is not sufficiently intuitive: we are working with the developers to make it more intuitive to reach the course. The previous SP was intuitively a single click away, and I'd really like to get this first step (ie, to the actual Study Planner) to be more intuitive. Thanks,

Thanks a lot David,

I can see the contents now.

tekkenking

Hello @DomBru

Yes, when we update materials, we retain the content in the previous version if it is still relevant and we add the new LOs and republish. We will eventually have all of the materials updated, but it is impossible to have all study notes, PQs, instructional videos, interactive quizzes, focus review videos, and learning spreadsheets updated before the May exam. There will be some gaps in the materials.
Sorry, can I check I’ve understood this correctly, you’re saying we won’t have all the material before the exam?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
@Nicole Seaman Thank you for your response. Attached is the screenshot of what i see. Am i doing something wrong here?
Hello @anandcp

Your screenshot shows that you are trying to access a Focus Review video, which is only available in the Professional study package. Since you purchased the Advanced study package, that is the Course that you need to click on. Any Professional materials will show a sample or direct you to purchase the Professional package since you won't have access to those materials without purchasing them.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Sorry, can I check I’ve understood this correctly, you’re saying we won’t have all the material before the exam?
Hello @tekkenking,

We update as many materials as humanly possible before the May exam. Even if some materials are not completely updated, you can still use them. There is already A LOT of relevant materials available to you in the study planner. For example, we may not be able to update one of the instructional videos that had one or two learning objectives added this year, but the remaining learning objectives are relevant so you can still use that instructional video to study. It would be impossible to have every single set of materials in every single topic of the curriculum completely updated before the May exam. Here are a couple of links that may help to answer more of your questions:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

Kindly confirm if the price of the course has also increased with new website launch?
I was planning to buy the professional one which was 449 USD for P2 but now I see it as 499 USD!!

https://www.bionicturtle.com/shop-courses/

Thanks
AKS
Hello @ashishishere

Thank you for pointing this out. Unfortunately, this is a typo that was missed. When you click on the product it still only charges the $449 but I've made sure our IT team is fixing this asap to reflect the correct price on the Shop Courses page.

tekkenking

Hello @tekkenking,

We update as many materials as humanly possible before the May exam. Even if some materials are not completely updated, you can still use them. There is already A LOT of relevant materials available to you in the study planner. For example, we may not be able to update one of the instructional videos that had one or two learning objectives added this year, but the remaining learning objectives are relevant so you can still use that instructional video to study. It would be impossible to have every single set of materials in every single topic of the curriculum completely updated before the May exam. Here are a couple of links that may help to answer more of your questions:
i would argue that was not made sufficiently clear when purchasing your package.

publishing process for 2020 says "As with previous years, we will continue to add new and updated materials throughout the exam period and not all at once." my exam period is until May 2020 and from the above it is clear that the material will not be completely updated for then meaning those who sit the exam in May will not have received all the material they paid for, while those who sit in November will - I note both pay the same fee, may access is not pro-rata'd.

I can't speak for everyone or in every instance, but my experience of other education providers (Kaplan, Fitch Learning and BPP) i have never paid for a course and had gaps/old material.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@tekkenking I hope you don't speak for everybody. When you compare us to other providers, it is a false comparison: none of them will have zero gaps in the new material by May. The difference is that we show new material sooner and we update constantly (throughout the year) to close all the gaps. Some EPPs will always have gaps. Given GARP's changes, no provider will close all gaps by May. For example, none of the providers you cite will be able to write fresh questions for all the new LOs: we will be ahead of anybody on that component. If you are so unhappy, or you feel it wasn't made sufficiently clear, you can go get a refund right now. We make it very clear, and I frankly resent the implication. I don't host an open forum for this purpose, to be harangued by factors that are due to the syllabus change. Why don't you write GARP and ask them why they felt the need to make radical changes in one year (again), that clearly effect all EPPs adversely (despite your misleading comparisons)

tekkenking

to avoid any confusion, i am not talking for everyone (and clearly stated such) and am expressing my opinion and experience. apologies if this is/ i come across as if i am going against the ethos of the forum.