The new website has been launched!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

Just wondering how I can see which topic been already updated (2020 vs 2019)? Is that possible that topic already been updated and later it might be updated again?

Thank you!
Hello @bvoleg

Moving forward, any materials that are updated will be posted in the forum under the Updated materials links. I will most likely be adding them tomorrow because I have new materials that I need to add tomorrow. The new updated materials links will be added to the following post: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/please-read-publishing-process-for-2020.22937/.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
We will have to get used to this new website appearance. However, first impression is that it is much less intuitive. I would like to get back to the old layout...
@badbunny

I'm sorry that you feel that way. With any technology, there is always going to be "hiccups" when a new site or feature is upgraded. We do everything that we can to make sure that our customers have the best experience possible. Yes, there are things that need to be fixed or updated in the new study planner, but I assure you that after working with it myself for months on end manually adding everything that needed to be added, it is much more intuitive than the previous study planner. I find it much easier to navigate and it is also easier for us to update. The less time I have to spend on updating in the back end of the website, the more time I have to focus on customers and updating the actual materials. Customers have always been our top priority, along with quality materials.

DShim27

Hi Nicole,

Will you guys still be posting a "New" symbol by updated resources?

I'm asking because I'm wondering if Test 1 Topic 1 has been fully updated or are you guys still working on the material?

Thank you!

samuelfu9999

Hi Nicole,

When I try to download the Study Notes for Chapter 9: Regression Diagnostics under Quantitative Analysis, it gives the error message below. Could you please check? Thanks.
An error occurred while trying to stamp the file!
There was an exception when trying to stamp the file. Error Details: No trailer nor root object found.

anandcp

Hi
Thank you for your update.
1) How do i see the videos for 2020? The website doesn't show them.
2) The study planner for 2020? How do i download the same?
Am able to download the PDF lessons and notes.
Am sorry if this had been answered earlier. I just couldn't find them when i logged into BT today after buying the subscription.

DomBru

Hi Nicole,
First of all thanks a lot for your effort.
What i do not see and would be really helpful is, that we see which material is new and which material is still the materials from 2019.
For example FMP Chapter 17 Corporate Bonds: As I see it, there are still the same materials than in 2019 right? Although the some Learning objectives in that chapter had changed.

It would be really helpful to mark the chapter that have new materials and those with still the old ones. So I could start with the ones that are already updated.

I am not sure if that is what you meant by your comment earlier?
For the most part, I have noted right at the top "Study Notes Coming Soon" in bold, but there may be some that do not have that wording yet. I'm working on that currently.

If that is exactly what you are already doing, i am sorry for bothering.

Thanks a lot in advance.

tekkenking

i agree with the comment above. i know your approach is always "we can't tell you when we're going to update material bear with us", but at least let us know what will or won't be updated. One of the most stressful things is when you're trying to be proactive and start studies early, and then closer to the time a topic that you thought you'd covered has actually been updated so you have to go back and redo it - quite disruptive.

Anyhow, you've asked for any thing that may not be working, i noticed the following error when trying to download the pdf for Chapter 9: Regression Diagnostics

"
There was an exception when trying to stamp the file. Error Details: No trailer nor root object found. "

Sixcarbs

Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

It does not seem to work at all on Safari, just shows a blank page under "courses." I was able to see everything when I logged in on Chrome.

Sixcarbs

neerajmig

Hello Nicole ,

I am not able to see anything in study planner , do I need to navigate some where else . I naviagte to My courses and see the content , is that right way

thanks in advance

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
i agree with the comment above. i know your approach is always "we can't tell you when we're going to update material bear with us", but at least let us know what will or won't be updated. One of the most stressful things is when you're trying to be proactive and start studies early, and then closer to the time a topic that you thought you'd covered has actually been updated so you have to go back and redo it - quite disruptive.

Anyhow, you've asked for any thing that may not be working, i noticed the following error when trying to download the pdf for Chapter 9: Regression Diagnostics

"
There was an exception when trying to stamp the file. Error Details: No trailer nor root object found. "
@tekkenking
I have to upload this file again, as it is not the website, but a file issue. I will get this done as soon as possible.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi
Thank you for your update.
1) How do i see the videos for 2020? The website doesn't show them.
2) The study planner for 2020? How do i download the same?
Am able to download the PDF lessons and notes.
Am sorry if this had been answered earlier. I just couldn't find them when i logged into BT today after buying the subscription.

Hello @anandcp

All of the materials are still published in the study planner, including the videos. As always, if a video is not published under a specific topic then we do not have one for that topic yet. To navigate to the Study Planner click on My Courses at the top of the page and then click on the study package that you have purchased. That will bring you to the study planner with all of your materials. Everything is still in PDF format for downloading. That has not changed.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,
First of all thanks a lot for your effort.
What i do not see and would be really helpful is, that we see which material is new and which material is still the materials from 2019.
For example FMP Chapter 17 Corporate Bonds: As I see it, there are still the same materials than in 2019 right? Although the some Learning objectives in that chapter had changed.

It would be really helpful to mark the chapter that have new materials and those with still the old ones. So I could start with the ones that are already updated.

I am not sure if that is what you meant by your comment earlier?
For the most part, I have noted right at the top "Study Notes Coming Soon" in bold, but there may be some that do not have that wording yet. I'm working on that currently.

If that is exactly what you are already doing, i am sorry for bothering.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Hello @DomBru
My earlier comment stating that " I have noted right at the top "Study Notes Coming Soon" in bold, but there may be some that do not have that wording yet. I'm working on that currently." means that if you click on a topic and there are no study notes to download then I have placed a note at the top of the description.

I will be adding threads in the forum today that will help you to see which sets of materials have been updated for 2020. Please note that we are not updating absolutely everything, as there are some readings that did not change (i.e. no new learning objectives).

JRodriguez

Hi Nicole,
I am afraid I can't see any content at all either using Safari or Chrome. Could you please advise ? I can only see a list of courses I should have access to, but nothing inside them.

Javier Nieto

HI NIcole,

I think it would be useful to see only those packaged you have paid for. It'd save space and make easier the navigation.

Also, I miss some PART II review material, mocks exams, review videos, etc.

Finally, in the navigation menu at the right side you can only navigate through those topics in the page your are looking at, for example for Part II page 2, you can not navigate in that menu to Market Risk.

Thanks for trying to improve you platform.

Best

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
HI NIcole,

I think it would be useful to see only those packaged you have paid for. It'd save space and make easier the navigation.

Also, I miss some PART II review material, mocks exams, review videos, etc.

Finally, in the navigation menu at the right side you can only navigate through those topics in the page your are looking at, for example for Part II page 2, you can not navigate in that menu to Market Risk.

Thanks for trying to improve you platform.

Best

Hi @Javier Nieto Thank you. We agree with two of your points (useful to see only package paid for; navigation sidebar). We are looking at fixes to both. I *think* it will be easy to remove the 2 page pagination in part 2 and make it one long page, i think that's maybe better than 2 pages, I assume people don't mind scrolling. And thank you for saying "Thanks for trying to improve you platform."

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

It does not seem to work at all on Safari, just shows a blank page under "courses." I was able to see everything when I logged in on Chrome.

Sixcarbs

@Sixcarbs

Do you have the most recent version of Safari installed? We are trying to reproduce this issue, but we aren't seeing any issues.

Hi Nicole,
I am afraid I can't see any content at all either using Safari or Chrome. Could you please advise ? I can only see a list of courses I should have access to, but nothing inside them.
@JRodriguez

Can you let me know if you have the latest versions of Chrome and Safari installed on your device?

JRodriguez

Hi Nicole,

I have updated Chrome to the latest version (80) and I still see the same. Please find below a screenshot, where you can also see that the study planner is nowhere to be found for me now.

Rodriguez.png

Regards.

@Sixcarbs

Do you have the most recent version of Safari installed? We are trying to reproduce this issue, but we aren't seeing any issues.

@JRodriguez

Can you let me know if you have the latest versions of Chrome and Safari installed on your device?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sixcarbs

Subscriber
@Sixcarbs

@JRodriguez

Safari 11.1.2, OS 10.11.6

I see this on Safari.

SixCarbs.png

Last edited by a moderator: