FRM certification

Pflik

I've submitted 4th of July. Have not received any answer yet. Just send them an email to ask how everything will be.

/edit
just got an answer:

The review can take 1-2 months.

another month of waiting i guess.

Last edited:
Good luck!! I suspect some of the FRM stuff was relevant for the CFA exam as well. So, hopefully you passed it as well. Keep us posted. I like when fellow FRM candidates succeed. It motivates me greatly!

i passed level 3 of the CFA exam as well. Good luck to all that took it as well.

Pflik

i'm a bit more hesitant to take cfa myself. Especially since I'm more in the risk domain and don't even know if I would pass the certification.

congrats, seems like it'll take a while for me. :(

i am more in the risk domain but i wanted to have a solid understanding of valuation at a widespread level. If it interests you, take a look at it.

Send GARP an email. you've been waiting quite a while.

Congrats on passing the Level 3 Exam.

I'm scheduled to sit for the Level 3 next year. Any study tips you can pass along? I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Getting past level 2 is quite a feat. I would say start studying as early as possible. The material is relatively smaller but it's dense. By april 1st you should be done with all your studies. Take notes, i mean anything with a list of adv/disadvantages, methods, whatever it is. Index card, notebook, however you want to put it. You will have to drill on those for the last 2 months. Take a practice exam each weekend and spend the rest of the time in between reviewing the mistakes and reviewing your notes. Finally, do ethics once at the beginning and save it again for the end. Save GIPS for the last month. Do all of the end of chapter questions in the CFAI books. DL the last 3 AM papers on the website now and put them away. DO NOT LOOK AT THEM. these are your best prep material so save them for the very end of your 10 practice exams. the 2014 exam will be made available to you sometime next year so that will be 4 AM papers from CFAI. Kaplan books have 6 full exams. CFAI also offers free "exams" ... The morning is harder so you need to practice your essay technique as much as possible. When writing your essays, less is more. get to the point and use bullets. people tend to ramble when they write paragraphs and anything wrong you say will end up reducing your score. that's all you can think of. you do not want to study for this 2x. knock it out on your first try. START EARLY. i know people that have taken level 3 4 and 5 times. So do not be one of them. Level 3 is completely different from Level II so make sure that you have a good head start on the material.

cdbsmith

Getting past level 2 is quite a feat. I would say start studying as early as possible. The material is relatively smaller but it's dense. By april 1st you should be done with all your studies. Take notes, i mean anything with a list of adv/disadvantages, methods, whatever it is. Index card, notebook, however you want to put it. You will have to drill on those for the last 2 months. Take a practice exam each weekend and spend the rest of the time in between reviewing the mistakes and reviewing your notes. Finally, do ethics once at the beginning and save it again for the end. Save GIPS for the last month. Do all of the end of chapter questions in the CFAI books. DL the last 3 AM papers on the website now and put them away. DO NOT LOOK AT THEM. these are your best prep material so save them for the very end of your 10 practice exams. the 2014 exam will be made available to you sometime next year so that will be 4 AM papers from CFAI. Kaplan books have 6 full exams. CFAI also offers free "exams" ... The morning is harder so you need to practice your essay technique as much as possible. When writing your essays, less is more. get to the point and use bullets. people tend to ramble when they write paragraphs and anything wrong you say will end up reducing your score. that's all you can think of. you do not want to study for this 2x. knock it out on your first try. START EARLY. i know people that have taken level 3 4 and 5 times. So do not be one of them. Level 3 is completely different from Level II so make sure that you have a good head start on the material.

Thanks @mongooseny23 for the excellent tips! I will definitely take heed to your advice. In fact, I have downloaded the available L3 exams and curriculum books. I also subscribed to a third party exam prep service to help facilitate my preparation.

Since I also completed the FRM this year (I received my confirmation in late July :)), I can focused solely on this exam, which should help me greatly! I have every intention of passing this test on my first attempt.

Again, congrats on successfully completing the CFA exam process (hope you're thoroughly celebrating your accomplishments) and good luck going forward. Perhaps, we will meet at a future CFA Institute or GARP conference.

Thanks @mongooseny23 for the excellent tips! I will definitely take heed to your advice. In fact, I have downloaded the available L3 exams and curriculum books. I also subscribed to a third party exam prep service to help facilitate my preparation.

Since I also completed the FRM this year (I received my confirmation in late July :)), I can focused solely on this exam, which should help me greatly! I have every intention of passing this test on my first attempt.

Again, congrats on successfully completing the CFA exam process (hope you're thoroughly celebrating your accomplishments) and good luck going forward. Perhaps, we will meet at a future CFA Institute or GARP conference.

Thank you. i wish you success. if you have any questions please let me know. Congratulations and get take a break until november. i started in january and it was tight for me and that wasn't because i was studying for both exams. i'm going to celebrate as much as i can.

asdf

Congratulations! and good luck to next year's candidates. One question, how did you find the CFA as compared to FRM, level 2 and 3 compared to 1 and 2 of the FRM. Thanks
Thank you. i wish you success. if you have any questions please let me know. Congratulations and get take a break until november. i started in january and it was tight for me and that wasn't because i was studying for both exams. i'm going to celebrate as much as i can.

Congratulations! and good luck to next year's candidates. One question, how did you find the CFA as compared to FRM, level 2 and 3 compared to 1 and 2 of the FRM. Thanks

i found the CFA to be more difficult because of the breadth of the material. Level 2 was harder than Parts 1 and 2 of the FRM to me, but like i said it was more b/c of the scope than the material itself. Level 3 is hard because of the essays.

Level 1 CFA <<<<<<<<<<<Part 1 FRM <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Part 2 FRM<<<<<<<<<<<<Level 3 CFA <<<<<<Level 2 CFA

that's how it worked out for me. With that being said, the last 3 were all quite difficult.

asdf

Thanks for your feedback and congratulations, this is a milestone to your career definitely. I tend to share your opinion actually, am also done with FRM Part 2 and been through CFA level 2 a while ago so I think yes, CFA is harder because of the breadth and scope of the material, 10 topics is really huge when there is depth, but I found the FRM topics to be as interesting and "difficult-valuable" on a topic per topic basis. The only difference is you handle less topics on exam day.

i found the CFA to be more difficult because of the breadth of the material. Level 2 was harder than Parts 1 and 2 of the FRM to me, but like i said it was more b/c of the scope than the material itself. Level 3 is hard because of the essays.

Level 1 CFA <<<<<<<<<<<Part 1 FRM <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Part 2 FRM<<<<<<<<<<<<Level 3 CFA <<<<<<Level 2 CFA

that's how it worked out for me. With that being said, the last 3 were all quite difficult.