FRM certification

Helter

i dislike this comment for a specific mention about an ethnicity and their skill set.

Linguistically, it's actually an important qualifier, not a knock on an ethnicity that it was never intended to be. To treat it as non-relevant is to ignore science. Structurally and grammatically English is almost the complete opposite of Chinese, Japanese, Korean or many other Asian languages. I know from actually studying both Spanish and Mandarin.

Thoughts from any non-English native language, when transcribed into English, do not come out as linguistically correct as they would for a native English speaker of an equivalent skill level. This is true for any person and a conversion from any language to any other language.

Those whose native language is European-derived (Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, etc.) are going to more easily produce a transcription into English that linguistically makes more sense, since linguistically the languages have more similarity and the writer is going to have more luck in phrasing a sentence that makes sense in English. Someone whose native language is Asian-derived is going to have a tougher time and have less luck, not through any fault of their own or lack of skills/ability -- it just takes 3-4 times the amount of effort due to linguistics.*

To not mention that and just generically say "non-native English speakers" understates the skew to which the English writing is likely less than perfect due to the inherent linguistic challenges present in the population, all other things being equal. That's all.

*http://www.effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty

Helter

And to get back on topic, GARP just completed the certification process (at least to me), so they have honored their 1 month timetable.

flunda

10+ years experience and enough time for this... come on folks, this went out of hand. keep some coolnes

EK

Has anyone else (among those who passed Part2 in May) received a confirmation of work experience from GARP? - I've submitted my CV in June, so it's almost 5 weeks at the moment..

Dirar

My self and a colleague of mine who submitted the CV within 1hour of seeing the results email on 23rd of June have not heard anything from GARP .

EK

as an update.. just got a "congratulations" email, only a few hours after I asked for a status update on my CV from GARP support this morning.
what a nice surprise :)

Pflik

as an update.. just got a "congratulations" email, only a few hours after I asked for a status update on my CV from GARP support this morning.
sooo... should we email or is it just the game of waiting?

Dirar

Congrats guys whoever got the confirmation . Really happy for u guys . I am still waiting for a response from them .

Dirar

Congrats guys whoever got the confirmation . Really happy for u guys . I am still waiting for a response from them .

that's great. i'm still waiting on my end as well. Are there any others who have had their information verified by GARP since Part II results?

Mad_Mac

Submitted my cv within hours of receiving the confirmation email that i had passed.

Received the 'you are now a certified frm' email on 28 jul.

stuarte

Congrats @mongooseny23 ! you are lucky man, I submitted on the day of the results and still waiting! I feel that there could be some other sorting done, not just FIFO, I am not sure though! Thanks for the post

Congrats @mongooseny23 ! you are lucky man, I submitted on the day of the results and still waiting! I feel that there could be some other sorting done, not just FIFO, I am not sure though! Thanks for the post

no idea how it works then ... hopefully most people will be waiting no more than 45 days from submission ...

cdbsmith

no idea how it works then ... hopefully most people will be waiting no more than 45 days from submission ...

Congrats @mongooseny23 on being confirmed for your FRM designation. I recall you mentioning in a previous thread that you also took the CFA exam this year as well. Is that correct? What level did you take and did you pass? Either way, much kudos to you for taking the FRM and CFA three weeks later. That's a very tall order!!! Much respect!!!

Congrats @mongooseny23 on being confirmed for your FRM designation. I recall you mentioning in a previous thread that you also took the CFA exam this year as well. Is that correct? What level did you take and did you pass? Either way, much kudos to you for taking the FRM and CFA three weeks later. That's a very tall order!!! Much respect!!!

been anxious for most of the summer.... wondering what was i thinking ... i pretty much studied every chance i got ... i hope that i didn't take away too much from Level III. either way, it's done. still must wait another 2 weeks for the results. thank you for the kind comments. i've been so nervous about Level III that i haven't celebrated too much. i suggest for everyone else to take FRM in november even if you have to study for the majority of the year.

cdbsmith

been anxious for most of the summer.... wondering what was i thinking ... i pretty much studied every chance i got ... i hope that i didn't take away too much from Level III. either way, it's done. still must wait another 2 weeks for the results. thank you for the kind comments. i've been so nervous about Level III that i haven't celebrated too much. i suggest for everyone else to take FRM in november even if you have to study for the majority of the year.

Good luck!! I suspect some of the FRM stuff was relevant for the CFA exam as well. So, hopefully you passed it as well. Keep us posted. I like when fellow FRM candidates succeed. It motivates me greatly!

inik

Another data point: submitted my verification on June 24th & got 'we received your submission' email. No communication from GARP since then.