FRM certification

Pflik

i am more in the risk domain but i wanted to have a solid understanding of valuation at a widespread level. If it interests you, take a look at it.

Send GARP an email. you've been waiting quite a while.
i've already did that a while ago, they just answer that they have a lot of applications.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
@inik, I emailed our contact at GARP to see if they can give us a status update for you. I will let you know when I hear back from them.

If anyone else has gone past the 8 week mark, you can email me at [email protected]. I need the following details:

Name
GARP ID
Date of submission

Thanks!

Nicole

CFLEB

Hi All. I think it would help everyone here and in order to figure out if they do treat submissions chronologically, have anybody submitted their application before June 25 and already received a reply. I actually submitted on June 25 and still didn't receive the long-awaited email :) so today makes it exactly 2 months ago. It would be helpful to know where we stand right now. So did anybody file after that date and already received a reply? Thanks and good luck to everybody!

icdfw

I actually called GARP late last week, and managed to get put through to the 'department head' Denis, who claims she personally review all CVs and was still working on submissions put in around late June. I further inquired that what would be her estimate to finish all verifications, she got upset and responded:
1. Me calling her made things worse cause she wasted her time on answering calls like mine
2. She was given till Sept. 20 to do it, and she will do the best she can.

CFLEB

Well, I actually got the email yesterday night, exactly 2 months after posting my resume. But now I'm pretty convinced that they do it according to the order by which they received the applications, i.e., chronologically. So really we shouldn't be impatient. I checked with people I know and I was sure they would send me the email yesterday as all who had received were the ones who posted up to june 24. I posted on june 25 so it seems they really proceed by order. Hence you should expect to receive your email depending on when you submitted. And note that the vast majority submitted in the first 2 days so the delay time is not uniform, meaning that you will not wait as long as you waited till now. Consider that they cleared up to june 25 Which is when I submitted.

Dirar

I am actually glad that the post that I created long before is going a long way and helping people to share GARP's responses and time lines etc. I submitted on 24th of June and got certified roughly around three weeks ago. I wish good luck to the guys who are waiting still, it shouldn't take much time from now I believe.

Pflik

end this week will be 8 weeks for me. I'm wondering how the status of inik is. Since Nicole followed up on that request.

Pflik

Ok it's been 8 weeks. Just send an email. Hopefully I'll get some feedback... just hope I'll get it soon.

icdfw

Ok it's been 8 weeks. Just send an email. Hopefully I'll get some feedback... just hope I'll get it soon.
Sorry to hear that, but my guess is it would happen soon. Do you happen to remember when you LAST submit/update your CV? Cause according to GARP, any submission/update bump you to the bottom of the queue...

Pflik

4th of july. Only 1 submission. Got the email to confirm it too. I'm just wondering if there really is only one person review this stuff...

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
@Pflik,

I received a message back from our contact at GARP. She is out of the office until Tuesday for the long weekend so you should receive an email on Tuesday regarding your certification.

Thanks,

Nicole

Pflik

Thank you very much... Would be great to have it Tuesday, I'm heading out to London next Thursday starting a new job the Monday after, would be great to be certified before starting the new job.

Pflik

bit late, but I was indeed certified on Tuesday. Nicole has magic fingers I guess :). I'm just in the process of moving to London and... well i just have alot more stuff then I guessed I had.

Anyway a new adventure with a new title. What more could anyone ask :)

jeff-1984

I have submitted my information on the 11th of july! I emailed a week ago and they replied in a very vague way :oops: not sure what to make of this but i thought i'd share. It seems a lot of people are in the same situation so it feels like either GARP are short on staff or everybody is on vacation :D

prad

Hi - Has anyone received their certificate yet?I know it's only been a couple of weeks but just wanted to check! :)