2020 Exam Update from GARP (updated on a regular basis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razi

@Nicole Seaman Did you come across any special instructions regarding the exam in Karachi, Pakistan? I did check on my own and I have not received any email or an update on their website so I think there is nothing unusual about the exam at my center such as requirement to fill a declaration form etc. but still cross checking with you as a double check.

cat_guzzo84

To anyone writing the exam in Montreal this weekend - given the current circumstances I called the DoubleTree Hilton to check that the exam is still taking place; the person at the front desk could not confirm but seemed a little surprised and told me they have not held any sort of events in the past few months so I am a little concerned. I was told to contact the person responsible for events by e-mail and am waiting on her reply. I don't see any updates on GARP's website for Montreal so I am assuming that it is still taking place but if anyone hears otherwise please let me know.

mattheweidinger

To anyone writing the exam in Montreal this weekend - given the current circumstances I called the DoubleTree Hilton to check that the exam is still taking place; the person at the front desk could not confirm but seemed a little surprised and told me they have not held any sort of events in the past few months so I am a little concerned. I was told to contact the person responsible for events by e-mail and am waiting on her reply. I don't see any updates on GARP's website for Montreal so I am assuming that it is still taking place but if anyone hears otherwise please let me know.

What does it say on your admission ticket? It should have the room indicated on it by now...

The Double Tree Hotel is still rending out rooms (not ballrooms) that are ordinarily used for travel stays. I believe the exam may be administered with one student per hotel room and proctors in the hallway. That is how the CPA exams in MTL did it during September at that hotel.

cat_guzzo84

What does it say on your admission ticket? It should have the room indicated on it by now...

The Double Tree Hotel is still rending out rooms (not ballrooms) that are ordinarily used for travel stays. I believe the exam may be administered with one student per hotel room and proctors in the hallway. That is how the CPA exams in MTL did it during September at that hotel.

I only see an address on my admission ticket, not even the name of the venue - it just says 1255 Jeanne Mance Street. I googled the address and it seems to be the DoubleTree Hilton. I didn't receive any information about whether the exam will be administered like the CPA...

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
I apologize for the delay in posting the newest announcements. I was out of the office today. I want to make sure everyone knows that I do not receive any special emails or notifications with additional information. I have to check the GARP announcements page numerous times per day.

UPDATE: NOV 18, 2020
NEW TIME ANNOUNCED FOR THE NOVEMBER FRM PART II EXAM IN BEIRUT, LEBANON

While GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Beirut, Lebanon will still be administered on November 21, 2020, the FRM Part II Exam will occur at a different time. The FRM Part I Exam remains as scheduled and unaffected.

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the FRM Part II Exam will be moved two hours earlier to 12:00 PM on November 21, 2020. The Part II Exam is now scheduled to take place from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM instead of 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM. GARP still recommends arriving up to one hour early to account for any delays you may experience in arriving to the test center.

CHICAGO, IL NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Chicago, IL to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

IMPORTANT CANDIDATE INFORMATION FOR MACAO’S NOVEMBER EXAMS

To sit for the Exam, all candidates taking Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Macao on November 21, 2020 must complete a Declaration Form upon arriving at the exam site on their mobile device. Completing the form will take no more than 1-2 minutes and should be filled out digitally via the link above.

Candidates who do not fill out the form will not be able to sit for the Exam and will be required to pay the exam fee when you re-register.

SindujaP

Has anyone heard about the exam status in Cleveland Ohio? There's a stay at home advisory since yesterday so I think they'll postpone exams for this location too!! :(

qingqingzhou

Anyone who feels uncomfortable with 'risking their lives' to take the exam could just make a phone call to the headquarter. You can defer the exam for free.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Anyone who feels uncomfortable with 'risking their lives' to take the exam could just make a phone call to the headquarter. You can defer the exam for free.
@qingqingzhou

Yes, this has been discussed in this thread, as there are people who would be risking their life or the lives of their loved ones if they took the exam. There are 27 pages in this thread, including some very helpful information regarding deferrals, along with GARP's contact information. Not everyone has been able to defer for free, however, so I do not want to provide incorrect information, as it seems that GARP is making decisions on a case-by-case basis according to the candidate's circumstances.

qingqingzhou

@qingqingzhou

Yes, this has been discussed in this thread, as there are people who would be risking their life or the lives of their loved ones if they took the exam. There are 27 pages in this thread, including some very helpful information regarding deferrals, along with GARP's contact information. Not everyone has been able to defer for free, however, so I do not want to provide incorrect information, as it seems that GARP is making decisions on a case-by-case basis according to the candidate's circumstances.
Oh, I am sorry about that. I just saw that people in country/region where there is almost no active case can even defer for free, so I thought anyone can do that. So.... just try to discuss via phone call...

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Oh, I am sorry about that. I just saw that people in country/region where there is almost no active case can even defer for free, so I thought anyone can do that. So.... just try to discuss via phone call...
No problem at all! I was also under the impression that everyone could defer for free when postponements were announced for the October exam, but there were some people who ended up having to pay for their deferrment. I don't know the exact guidelines GARP is using, but I would hope that they would allow people to defer if they do not feel comfortable taking the exam right now. It does look like people have had more luck getting through to GARP by calling them instead of sending an email, so I definitely recommend calling instead.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: NOV 20, 2020
MALAYSIA NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Malaysia to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

UPDATE: NOV 20, 2020
NEW TIME ANNOUNCED FOR THE NOVEMBER FRM PART I EXAM IN KAZAKHSTAN, NUR-SULTAN

While GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exam in Kazakhstan, Nur-Sultan will still be administered on November 21, 2020, the FRM Part I Exam will occur at a different time. The FRM Part II Exam remains as scheduled and unaffected.

Due to rapidly changing conditions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the FRM Part I Exam will be moved to 2:00 PM in Kazakhstan, Nur-Sultan on November 21, 2020. The Part I Exam is now scheduled to take place from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM instead of 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. GARP still recommends arriving up to one hour early to account for any delays you may experience in traveling to the test center.

mattheweidinger

How irresponsible of them to cancel on the DAY OF THE EXAM! Isn't it 5AM in Malaysia right now? Less than two hours before (part 1) candidates are supposed to show up???

Status
Not open for further replies.