2020 Exam Update from GARP (updated on a regular basis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Warsaw. I just called the Mariott hotel. They told me that exam has been cancelled (they no longer have this in their system). The only question is if GARP is looking for new location in Poland or has just cancelled an October exam.
Thank you for the info. I really doubt they would find a new place on such short notice and I have a feeling GARP would cancel all exams for October and most likely November.

Linkedin, Facebook and general news. :)
Seems like that is just old news which has already been reported before. They gathered it all together in one image and posted it. GARP finally show some sign of life though.
1603121477154.png

EDIT: They seem to have deleted these posts?

Last edited:

nellekevdlei

Regarding Warsaw. I just called the Mariott hotel. They told me that exam has been cancelled (they no longer have this in their system). The only question is if GARP is looking for new location in Poland or has just cancelled an October exam.

I can't believe that you (in general) have to call the hotel to figure out whether the exam is still scheduled there or not. It is incredible that GARP doesn't come with any update. I am really afraid that some very last minute cancellations are going to happen.

dawsze

Yep, GARP support via email simply doesn’t exist. I tried to call them of course and I said that hotel is telling me that event at their venue has been cancelled and their response was that they don’t have any new updates and that I should wait even until Friday to know if the exam will take place or not. Honestly, I don’t have any motivation right now to learn, current situation in Europe is just not safe to travel to exam site, Warsaw is in so called “red COVID zone” in Poland. It’s crazy.

wojtek

I can't believe that you (in general) have to call the hotel to figure out whether the exam is still scheduled there or not. It is incredible that GARP doesn't come with any update. I am really afraid that some very last minute cancellations are going to happen.

As mentioned here already, one can have a lot of doubts about professionalism of GARProfessionals in managing the exam in a risky situation

nellekevdlei

Yep, GARP support via email simply doesn’t exist. I tried to call them of course and I said that hotel is telling me that event at their venue has been cancelled and their response was that they don’t have any new updates and that I should wait even until Friday to know if the exam will take place or not. Honestly, I don’t have any motivation right now to learn, current situation in Europe is just not safe to travel to exam site, Warsaw is in so called “red COVID zone” in Poland. It’s crazy.
Same here, I am writing in Frankfurt and that is also at highest level right now. The thing is that they still allow up to 100 people and I don't know how many people write in Frankfurt. I just tried your strategy (calling the hotel) but unfortunately nobody picked up. But then again, what will the postponement to January bring? I highly doubt the situation will be better then given the holiday season.

The site of the Amsterdam exam just updated in my GARP dashboard to another hotel and the date still says October 24th. This implies it won't be postponed.

For anyone wondering, the current indoor capacity in The Netherlands is restricted to a maximum of 30 people. This implies that GARP will be booking multiple rooms to maintain 1,5m distance with that capacity. This should give an indication to other countries for what they can expect.

It's within the official rules but I have to say I don't stand behind it considering the current situation with the virus.

ag222

The site of the Amsterdam exam just updated in my GARP dashboard to another hotel and the date still says October 24th. This implies it won't be postponed.

For anyone wondering, the current indoor capacity in The Netherlands is restricted to a maximum of 30 people. This implies that GARP will be booking multiple rooms to maintain 1,5m distance with that capacity. This should give an indication to other countries for what they can expect.

It's within the official rules but I have to say I don't stand behind it considering the current situation with the virus.

This might actually be GARP's strategy (to books rooms for participants), however, how are the circumstances different from those of cancelled locations? And it is 4 days remaining now, we should be receiving some transparent communication.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: OCT 19, 2020
POLAND OCTOBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its October 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Poland to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for October’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

UPDATE: OCT 19, 2020
CZECH REPUBLIC OCTOBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its October 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Czech Republic to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for October’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

POLAND OCTOBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY
I thought the max capacity for Poland is still like 150, no?

This might actually be GARP's strategy (to books rooms for participants), however, how are the circumstances different from those of cancelled locations? And it is 4 days remaining now, we should be receiving some transparent communication.
Exactly, it doesn't seem different. I finally thought I could continue to study with a clear mind but now I still don't know. I guess we'll just have to wait for official communication from GARP.

kimsunvin

Exactly, it doesn't seem different. I finally thought I could continue to study with a clear mind but now I still don't know. I guess we'll just have to wait for official communication from GARP.

Can I assume that other locations will be held the exams as planned..?
I hope I could get a clear answer for that..

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Can I assume that other locations will be held the exams as planned..?
I hope I could get a clear answer for that..
Unfortunately, I don't think we can assume anything for any locations that have not been postponed. I do think GARP may still postpone some exams last minute (this is an assumption of mine, but looking at the way things have been handled up to this point, I think it is possible). I'm watching their notification page closely and will update as soon as I hear anything.

dawsze

Nope, currently you can have up to 10 people in Polish ”red zones” (Warsaw is one of them).

So exam postponed once again... I know that this is probably good based on current situation but yeah... I already taken days off in work, spent a lot of time on repetition which I will need to do once again in January but who knows how the world will be looking like in January... I think GARP should give us an option to enroll to May exam free of charge. It’s the first term which currently seems at least likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.