Nicole Seaman

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello Hopefully I am posting at the right thread. I just wanted to ask when will will the Part I new LOSes be added? There are not that many, probably less than 10 in number spread across 3 books. Sometimes it gets too confusing in the forum as to where things get added. So I asked here.
    Hello. Hope you and your family stay healthy. Kindly provide me answer posted below

Assume that a 2 year corporate bond pays a coupon of 6 % per annum semi annually and has a yield of 8%. The yield for all maturities on risk free bonds is 4% per annum (expressed with continuous compounding). Assume that defaults can take place every year (immediately before coupon payment) and the recovery rate is 50%.
    Nicole Seaman
    Nicole Seaman
    Hello @owias. We do not provide one-on-one support to any of our members. I see that you posted this question in the forum already so we ask that you please be patient. We do our best to answer questions in a timely manner, however, we also need to make sure we are supporting our paid members first with updated materials and answers to their questions so you will not always receive a reply immediately.
    Dear Nicole, I wold kindly ask for help regrading finding some spreadsheet example of Monte Carlo simulation. I am sure there are plenty but did not manage to find them by searching by tags? Generally, if I want to search for all available Davids spreadsheets what is best approach?
    Thanks in advance for helping
    Nicole Seaman
    Nicole Seaman
    @Branislav Please make sure to post any questions that you have in the main forum, as I do not always see the comments left here on my profile and it does not allow me to provide a detailed answer. Besides the spreadsheets that are published in the study planner we do not have a general area where you can find other spreadsheets. Have you searched the forum (not just tags) for Monte Carlo simulation?
    Branislav
    Branislav
    Thanks Nicole.
    hi, Nicole. I am going through the P1 Focus Review. It talks about the 2012 exam. Do we have an updated version? kind regards, Mauricio
    Nicole Seaman
    Nicole Seaman
    We do not have updated focus review videos, although we are currently working hard to prepare and publish new ones. Even though they mention the 2012 exams, most of the content within those videos are still relevant.
    Hi Nicole ,

The fresh questions that David writes every week , do they all appear in the Question set in the study planner ? I have not seen some of the questions i feel.
    David Harper CFA FRM
    David Harper CFA FRM
    Hi @PRITHWI Yes they all appear but not immediately: after I write the last question associated with a reading, we edit for any feedback (we try to make the PDF version as good as possible) and then post to the SP, generally within one week of the last question. So, there is a lag (ie, you won't see the latest questions yest), but after the short lag, they definitely go into the SP. Thanks,
    I just subscribed but till date i didnt even have a study material, im looking to have one soft copy of FRM1 of 2013 as per my subscription
    Nicole Seaman
    Nicole Seaman
    Hello. I will be sending you an email regarding your account. Any time you require assistance with your account, please email me instead of posting on my forum profile, as I don't check my forum profile throughout the day. I answer emails almost immediately.
    Nicole
    hi Nicole, i subscribed for Bionic turtle in 2013, but couldnt able to make it, however i s it possible to get the study meterialof 2013 of FRM1
    Nicole: when I access the study planner, I am only able to download a sample of the question sets. Is that how it should work?
    Hi @Nicole Seaman I have recently passed the FRM Part II exam (May 2017). I am now planning to submit the work experience requirement for certification process, however, had a few queries about the same? How can I connect regarding my doubt? Really appreciate your help. Thank you.
    Nicole, I keep getting an error when I try to access paid-member information in the forums. It says I don't have permission, but my account should be good for all information until Jan 2018. Please let me know if there is an issue. Thank you
    Nicole Seaman
    Nicole Seaman
    There was an issue with the website being down for a little while last night. Although this does not happen often, our team is great at getting the site back up and running quickly. Thank you for your patience during the time the site was down.
    Hi Nicole, I am in a doubt. I am a pharmacist and a present banker with no mathematical backgroung during my graduation. Dat is why I am feeling some difficulty with the frm course. I want to know whether this academics background will interfere with my future jobs and career even after I pass the FRM exams? What other courses shd I do to stay in the niche?
    Hi Nicole, I'm unable to participate in forum discussions - there's a note "You have insufficient privileges to reply here". I searched the forum and noted it happened to other user before - if I understand correctly it's something about forum permissions?

Please assist, thanks a million Nicole!

Regards,
    Rizal
    Nicole Seaman
    Nicole Seaman
    Hello @rizalkasmuri

I've reset your forum permissions. Please clear your cache and cookies before trying to log back into the forum. If you continue to have issues, send me an email at [email protected], and we can continue corresponding there.

Thank you,
    Nicole
    Hello, I am planning to buy BT package but I have 2 questions:
    1- what is the difference between your videos on YouTube and the one I will buy.
    2- if I want to use the you-tube videos besides the one I will buy, are they organized by topics? do they cover all the topics?

Thanks
    D
    Deepak Chitnis
    Please visit study planner, they are all sorted by topics!
    seidu
    seidu
    Hi @Hussainib addressing your first question, the youtube videos are recorded back in 2008 and 2012 and as you know the FRM AIMS statement changes at least 10% annually (do the maths!!) of course BT videos are meant for paid members (so if you are not then you know what you are doing!!)

For the second question, the videos are organized by topics just as the study notes.

Hope this helps!!
    Nicole Seaman
    Nicole Seaman
    @Hussainib ,
    While our YouTube videos can be helpful, they are not as detailed as our paid instructional videos and focus review videos in our study packages. Our paid videos are geared toward the actual GARP curriculum to ensure that you are learning the concepts that will be tested on the exam. All of our videos in our study planner are organized in the same order as the GARP curriculum.

Thank you,
    Nicole
    Hi Nicole, I was wondering if we have a question set for the Financial Topics Section? I see the study notes but not any question set for the same in the study planner. Kindly let me know.

Thanks
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…