We recommend you change your screen name in the forum!

Suzanne Evans

By default when you sign up for bionicturtle.com, your username (typically email) is assigned as your screen name in the forum. If you do not wish for your email to show as your name in the forum, you may change it by doing the following:
  • After you login, go to account settings.
  • The first option to change is your screen name. Change that screen name to what you wish to show as your name in the forum.
I would highly recommend this change. We are working on a solution for future sign-ups to be able to set this screen name upon sign-up. If you have any issues with changing your screen name, please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected].

Thank you,
Suzanne

Hend Abuenein

Alright! :)
It works!
I got my name now instead of email.

Thank you Suzanne
And happy thanksgiving to you and to David.

de

My screen name on recent posts (last 5-mins) is not the 'name' shown on the account settings page (which is my initials, only)....

de

... and the solution is to force a change by; changing your password... (now all posts appearing as 'de', as they used to).

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
de,

sorry, i don't understand. Is it working or not? (Your member profile has your email and 'de' as the screenname). Thanks David

de

My 'screen name', in account settings, was always 'de'; even before the recent site change.

Perhaps it was having to retype my original password that forced the 'screen name' to take effect on the new site, it used to show as 'de' on the old site.

Mohamed Sakr

I did it already few hours before the announcement, and added an avatar too :)
I never used the forum effectively while peparing for the exam (before 19 Nov.), now I'm checking it continuously (the opposite of most members).

But seriously David, your videos, notes and practice questions gave me no reason to post questions here (except 1 about bootstrapping I guess). So, thank you a lot!