Results FRM May 2011

sl

Since the last hour or so the only thing I have been doing is refreshing my Inbox or refreshing the forum.. sigh!

Yossarian

I just received the E news alert mail from GARP which they send daily... funny.. they have all time in the world to send this mail without fail on time..but they could not upload the result in time..

b679878

I took Part I only. When I go to the registration page, I only see the option to register for Part II. Is anyone else who took only the first part getting this same result? Any idea if this implies a pass on Part I?​

I see the same thing Rab. Looks promising but you never know. It wouldnt surprise me if that was just something wrong with the website.

Come on email, come on

zript

According to Harel, the results will be posted in 2-3 hours

Harel
Posted: 06 July 2011 10:55 AM [ Report ] [ Ignore ] [ # 52 ]
Premium Member

Total Posts: 19
Just called GARP. The results will be out by 17-18EST.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi,

I just spoke (@ 2:30 PM US EST) with the FRM Program director. I am unclear on the cause of potential miscommunications with respect to exam results, but I am now informed:

* No exam results have been sent yet
* No exam results have been published to the GARP website yet
* By the END OF TODAY, in the United States, both will happen: Results will be emailed and published to the website

Please note: by the end of Wednesday in US terms is Thursday for much of the world (e.g., Thursday noon in Hong Kong).

... with respect to Harel's 2-3 hours expectation, frankly that is not quite the guarantee the FRM Program Director just gave me. Maybe they will be ready soon, but technically, I am told that it could be up to twelve (12) hours.

Apologies for the confusion, I know it's frustrating, but maybe just reset your expectation until tomorrow. Thanks, David

Zack87

Yes, thanks David. GARP would be better served to under promise and over deliver (but those are academics for you).
They are definitely being irresponsible when saying the results will be released on July 6, 2011 and apparently not considering the differences in time zones. It would have been much better if they had promised to release the results on perhaps July 7 and work on getting the results up on July 6th. This way, everything would be up by midnight EST and the other around the world wouldn't have to get their results a day later than promised. I'm on the east coast and at work so I'm not going too crazy and the west coast people are probably doing better still, but come on people.
"Global" professionals indeed.

Thanks a lot David, really appreciate time and effort you put into this. It's been long time waiting (it's jsut passed 8pm-UTC now) so I'd say I'll find out tomorrow. Thanks again!

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@zack: The GARP FRM Director (Bill) and I specifically discussed this issue; e.g., Hong Kong is + 12 hours, so July 6th is effectively July 7th in much of the world. I am going to send them (GARP) your comment to reinforce. (This is important because there are 6 weeks of anticipation, so while +/- 1 day may not seem like an issue, it is CLEARLY an issue for expectant candidates ... I promise I will convey this to the best of my ability), David

David - any idea why it takes 6 weeks in the first place and why they would have issues meeting that deadline?

With scantron exams they must have the data loaded within a week or two at most. I would just love to know what goes into this grading process that takes so long.

Thanks

toofreak

Senior Analyst
David, one thought about what "Bill the FRM" told you that "the results were not posted in the website already" My interpretation by reading in between lines is that he meant that the results are not available for the public to see (i.e. when you click on "exam results" icon).

My guess is that he would never admit that our "trick" of trying to register is working, because that means that he is convalidating these unofficial results and he must pertrain to the official way of proceeding and not addmit that "oh dude, you got us on this one!"

I mean, think about it, if you try to register and you receive a message saying "you are already an FRM holder" that must be for real, the website couldnt be that wrong (also print it and keep it for your records!)

Still you are right, I should stop with the speculation as there are chances I could be devastated later :)

Yossarian

I am fine with 6 weeks... but when they decide a particular day for results they should actually hold on to that..or ..well if this kind of situation is gonna happen then.. they might as well take more time they want but then deliver it on the decided time.

braxxus

None of the grading takes that long, though there are some exams that need to be hand graded due to people not following instructions on correcting answers. They just want to build up the excitement and drama I guess. It is also to give them time to take it easy.