PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

enjofaes

I saw some of the notes in VitalSource were updated (eg. ORR) but this was not yet reflected in the updated materials forum post. Could you please let us know which study notes have been updated? Without these update notifications I'm not really opening my vitalsource and just reading from the books for ORR for example in the mean time.

Many thanks for the continuous efforts!
T-48 | have not made any exercises yet | 11 chapters of ORR to go and then I've fully covered the material once | will prepare a mock exam end of next week

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
I saw some of the notes in VitalSource were updated (eg. ORR) but this was not yet reflected in the updated materials forum post. Could you please let us know which study notes have been updated? Without these update notifications I'm not really opening my vitalsource and just reading from the books for ORR for example in the mean time.

Many thanks for the continuous efforts!
T-48 | have not made any exercises yet | 11 chapters of ORR to go and then I've fully covered the material once | will prepare a mock exam end of next week
@enjofaes We added notes for all of the new ORR chapters. I've noted it in the Updated Materials thread.

Shau_2207

Hello Nicole, I see in credit risk LOS is missing in Ashcraft topic...

Attachments

• Image 10-04-23 at 9.24 AM.jpeg
    Image 10-04-23 at 9.24 AM.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 17

enjofaes

Hi David, Nicole and the new co-coworker, I forgot the name (apologies!!). Many thanks for the updates! Just a question regarding the mock exams, have these been updated? If not I'll remove questions from current issues of previous year which were not yet included and then calculate my total score.
Many thanks in advance
T-46 | little less than 7 weeks | made exercises on Credit Risk for first 3 chapters | failed on pre-study 2019 | lot of exercises to go though! | preparing a formula sheet next couple of weeks until I master them all!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi David, Nicole and the new co-coworker, I forgot the name (apologies!!). Many thanks for the updates! Just a question regarding the mock exams, have these been updated? If not I'll remove questions from current issues of previous year which were not yet included and then calculate my total score.
Many thanks in advance
T-46 | little less than 7 weeks | made exercises on Credit Risk for first 3 chapters | failed on pre-study 2019 | lot of exercises to go though! | preparing a formula sheet next couple of weeks until I master them all!
Hello @enjofaes, Our contract writer's name is Jay : ) The mock exams have not been updated yet. When they are updated, they will be listed in the Updated Materials thread. Thank you.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Just noticed its missing in study materials, can you please help me check that?

attached garp screen shot
@Shau_2207 The forum link that you referenced isn't working. It looks like it was cut off when you copied it to your post, so I don't know which post you are referring to. Regarding the formula, that is something that should be posted in the study notes error threads if you feel that something is missing in the notes. David checks any errors that our members point out and confirms whether or not they are errors. I am not on the content end of things, so I cannot help to determine if a formula should or should not be in the materials.

Shau_2207

@Shau_2207 The forum link that you referenced isn't working. It looks like it was cut off when you copied it to your post, so I don't know which post you are referring to. Regarding the formula, that is something that should be posted in the study notes error threads if you feel that something is missing in the notes. David checks any errors that our members point out and confirms whether or not they are errors. I am not on the content end of things, so I cannot help to determine if a formula should or should not be in the materials.
@Nicole Seaman thanks for your reply its post #23 just few post above this..

Post in thread 'PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2023'
https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/please-read-publishing-process-for-2023.24321/post-94098

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello Nicole, I see in credit risk LOS is missing in Ashcraft topic...
@Shau_2207 We have not updated Topic 6 study notes in the study planner yet. It should be ready this week. Please note that not everything is updated in the study planner each year. We are aware of all of the changes in the curriculum, but we work on materials according to their perceived priority. This is why we note the following in the main post of this thread:
We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this busy time. We want to make sure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

It is very important that we point out that we have never guaranteed that every single reading and chapter in the study planner will have a full set of materials (i.e., study notes, PQ set, instructional video, and learning spreadsheet). We publish according to perceived priority, and we will not sacrifice the quality of our materials just to make sure our study planner is filled in with no gaps in materials.

Please see below to learn more about our publishing process and why you may not see some materials published.

• Do you publish materials for every single reading in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle places the integrity and quality of our materials at the forefront of our Financial Risk Management (FRM) exam study products.
Our study packages, including study notes, practice questions, mock exams, instructional videos, spreadsheets, and more, are comprehensive and inclusive of the most important elements of the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) curriculum. However, there will always be minor material gaps when updates are made, as it would be nearly impossible to include information for every single reading. We publish new materials according to perceived priority. Our staff also provides as many updated materials as possible. Certain materials have every reading in the curriculum. Other readings do not include an entire set of materials.

• Why are some of the materials missing in the study planner but are in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle publishes the latest curriculum updates from the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP), but they do take time. Additionally, certain resources that correspond with the Financial Risk Management (FRM) readings may or may not be included.
Our team has comprehensive knowledge of the syllabus and the most important information you need to pass the FRM exam. While we appreciate your feedback, we ask that you refrain from emailing us about missing resources for this reason. If you would like to discuss any items that are not included, feel free to do so on our Forum.

Shau_2207

@Shau_2207 We have not updated Topic 6 study notes in the study planner yet. It should be ready this week. Please note that not everything is updated in the study planner each year. We are aware of all of the changes in the curriculum, but we work on materials according to their perceived priority. This is why we note the following in the main post of this thread:
Thank you @Nicole Seaman , Sorry I thought it was a miss or an error. I will keep a note of it..

Appreciate your help on this..

AUola2165

Subscriber
Hi,
Is there a video for the Foundations of Risk, chapter 7, "Principles for Effective Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting"?
Sorry for posting a new thread. Someone else asked the same question but has not received a response:

ps. the same goes for Chapter 8: Enterprise Risk Management and Future Trends

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,
Is there a video for the Foundations of Risk, chapter 7, "Principles for Effective Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting"?
Sorry for posting a new thread. Someone else asked the same question but has not received a response:

ps. the same goes for Chapter 8: Enterprise Risk Management and Future Trends
@AUola2165 I moved your post to this thread, which discusses our publishing process. We do not have videos for the chapters that you have mentioned. We cannot respond to every post that asks about specific materials being published, so this is why we created this thread. Please note that not everything is updated in the study planner each year. We are aware of all of the changes in the curriculum, but we work on materials according to their perceived priority. This is why we note the following in the main post of this thread:
We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this busy time. We want to make sure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

It is very important that we point out that we have never guaranteed that every single reading and chapter in the study planner will have a full set of materials (i.e., study notes, PQ set, instructional video, and learning spreadsheet). We publish according to perceived priority, and we will not sacrifice the quality of our materials just to make sure our study planner is filled in with no gaps in materials.

We will begin to update the materials in January. The updates will be listed on the following forum threads when they are published.

Please see below to learn more about our publishing process and why you may not see some materials published.
  • Do you publish materials for every single reading in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle places the integrity and quality of our materials at the forefront of our Financial Risk Management (FRM) exam study products.
Our study packages, including study notes, practice questions, mock exams, instructional videos, spreadsheets, and more, are comprehensive and inclusive of the most important elements of the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) curriculum. However, there will always be minor material gaps when updates are made, as it would be nearly impossible to include information for every single reading. We publish new materials according to perceived priority. Our staff also provides as many updated materials as possible. Certain materials have every reading in the curriculum. Other readings do not include an entire set of materials.

• Why are some of the materials missing in the study planner but are in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle publishes the latest curriculum updates from the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP), but they do take time. Additionally, certain resources that correspond with the Financial Risk Management (FRM) readings may or may not be included.
Our team has comprehensive knowledge of the syllabus and the most important information you need to pass the FRM exam. While we appreciate your feedback, we ask that you refrain from emailing us about missing resources for this reason. If you would like to discuss any items that are not included, feel free to do so on our Forum.

gregorius89

Hi, I'm currently studying for FRM 2 and realized that the following readings are suddenly missing in the vitalsource study materials: Reading 40 (Andrew Coburn et. al), Reading 41 (cyber-resilience), Reading 44 (striving for operational resilience). Is there any reason why they were omitted? are they not part of the exam material?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi, I'm currently studying for FRM 2 and realized that the following readings are suddenly missing in the vitalsource study materials: Reading 40 (Andrew Coburn et. al), Reading 41 (cyber-resilience), Reading 44 (striving for operational resilience). Is there any reason why they were omitted? are they not part of the exam material?
@gregorius89 (cc: @David Harper CFA FRM) I think you may be looking at the 2022 FRM study guide. The three readings that you are referring to were removed from the curriculum in 2023. GARP added many new chapters to the Operational Risk topic, and many of them replaced previous readings. All of the correct chapters and readings for 2023 have been published for the OpRisk topic. You can view our curriculum change analysis here to see what changed: https://www.dropbox.com/s/of1nuyol7jyqme3/P2 2010 thru 2023 LO Comparison_v1-1.xlsx. Thank you.

enjofaes

Chatper 8 ORR Cyber resilience section 8.6 "Interconnections with Third Parties" is missing in the notes
- Governance of 3rd party connections
>> wide spread expectations and practices
>> expectations on the scope of the ecosystem & mng of 3rd parties
>> Observed supevisory practices
- Information confidentiality and integrity
- Specific expectations and practices with regard to the visibility of 3rd party connections
- Auditing and testing
- Resources and skills

enjofaes

I love the fact that there is such a detailed view for ORR and that the material was updated so thoroughly. But for some it may feel daunting: eg. 100 last pages which are in reality 21 pages in the book. Ok, the vitalsource also contains the exercises and I love the fact that BT goes the extra mile, but perhaps the exercises can be put using the URLs themselves to the Forum?

In this way, I think you limit the fact that people can "copy" your work too as they will need to have an account, while also limiting the material on vitalsource to a concise format and be less "volumous" to study the notes. 1 negative of this approach is probably that people will be less inclined to go through the exercises themselves though

Just a suggestion, many will perhaps not have the same opinion

enjofaes

You can't forget the fixes that have been done for the liquidity text book as well in the updates. I was revising the material and a lot of the things that were wrong in the previous text are already solved now (eg. ch1 exercise, but also ch4 some small wording: net return after tax vs before tax advantage of qualified bond) :)

+ I see chapter 10 has been included now top!

Last edited:

enjofaes

Hi all many thanks for the updates, just wanted to ask about the formula sheet, is it up-to-date? :) if not no worries I think I'll have no time anyways, will revise all my errors on previous mocks.. also quiz ORR & IM is on my to do and focus review videos :p will be a full day haha
GARPMock 200966%20 May 2023
GARPMock 201180%20 May 2023
GARPMock 201380%21 May 2023
GARPMock 201458%21 May 2023
GARPMock 201540%22 May 2023
GARPMock 201762%22 May 2023
GARPMock 201885%22 May 2023
GARPPre-study1945%10 Apr 2023
GARPMock 201996%22 May 2023
GARPPre-study 2020 85%23 May 2023
GARPMock 202093%23 May 2023
GARPPre-study 2021 (did not attempt ex)85%23 May 2023
GARPMock 2021 (did not attempt ex)93%23 May 2023
GARPPre-Study 202295%23 May 2023
GARPMock 202288%23 May 2023
GARPMock 2023 (1)89%23 May 2023
GARPMock 2023 (2)60%23 May 2023
BionicBT 2023 (1)78%24 May 2023
BionicBT 2023 (2)66%24 May 2023
BionicQuiz Credit37%24 May 2023
BionicQuiz Market67%24 May 2023
BionicQuiz ORR25 May 2023
BionicQuiz IM25 May 2023
Perhaps the mock #2 of 2023 will be most relevant though! Also that credit risk quiz was perhaps not ideal to take at EOD...

Status
Not open for further replies.