PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @David Harper CFA FRM i just want to know by what time study material will me available for financial market and product topic.

There are many chapters in which study material is not there( coming soon) and i think its high time for may 2020 attempt.
So please can you tell me by what time it will be available
Hello @Jash

I moved your post to this thread. Please do not post new threads in the forum without searching for an answer to your question first. The original post on Page 1 of this thread will answer your question. Also, in response to your comment, "i think its high time for may 2020 attempt", you will not find any prep provider who has completed full sets (notes, practice question sets, interactive quizzes, instructional videos, focus review videos, learning spreadsheets) of HIGH-QUALITY materials by the beginning of March. There are only 6 sets of study notes marked "Coming Soon" out of 20 readings in Topic 3. We are only human and we are working as quickly as possible (without sacrificing quality) to provide materials for 137 total readings in the FRM curriculum.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@Jash What Nicole said. And, I would like to repeat for any future readers of this thread: I've just scanned a competitor's product and, frankly, I'm not very impressed. We care about the quality (including accuracy) and depth of our work. Although we can influence, we cannot control how much GARP changes the material year-to-year. @Jash: I reject your "high time" statement: it has no effect on me. In order to get all of these materials completed by NOW (march 2nd) we would need to totally disregard quality (and we would definitely need to disregard DEPTH because wrting good practice questions takes time). Maybe you haven't noticed, but our practice questions are unique. It takes to create quality stuff (btw, by caring about quality we are also able to contribute many fixes to the syllabus because, yes it's true, we know the syllabus better than GARP. GARP is only able to change the syllabus rapidly because they don't shoulder the same burden of understanding that is required of us EPPs; see https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/problems-in-garps-2020-frm-material.23011/ ).

Maybe we aren't a good fit for you. Please do whatever you need to do in order to understand that we will not be giving you specific dates. I fully realize GARP's changes, once again this year, put everybody in a difficult position with respect to the May exam. It is what it is. As Nicole said, we will work as fasts as we can within our quality constraints. But i don't host an OPEN forum to come into work feeling the stress of more timetable pressure. Whatever you gotta do, do that, but don't hit us up with timetable pressure. In the meantime, feel free to make a constructive contribution to the forum.

@jihan w see above

Last edited:

ashishishere

Dear Nicole,

Kindly confirm if the 'formula sheet' currently uploaded in the portal is updated in parallel to new readings added or it is old version from last year? reason to ask this is shall we use it now or wait for a newer version coming in future?

Kindly also guide on how to read formula sheet as it seems they are not in sequence of chapters? is there a specific reason or a recommended way from your end to refer it?

Appreciate your kind response an above.

Thank again for the excellent support from BT team!
Ashish

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Dear Nicole,

Kindly confirm if the 'formula sheet' currently uploaded in the portal is updated in parallel to new readings added or it is old version from last year? reason to ask this is shall we use it now or wait for a newer version coming in future?

Kindly also guide on how to read formula sheet as it seems they are not in sequence of chapters? is there a specific reason or a recommended way from your end to refer it?

Appreciate your kind response an above.

Thank again for the excellent support from BT team!
Ashish
Hello @ashishishere

The formula sheets have not been updated for this year, however, you can most definitely still use them. GARP does not change the entire curriculum each year. This year, it seems like they changed a lot because of the change in layout in Part 1 and the addition of a new Liquidity topic in Part 2. However, if you use our curriculum analysis XLS (link posted in the original post of this thread), you will see that they retained most of the learning objectives. We do plan on updating the formula sheets, but we cannot provide a date of completion.

As you mentioned, the layout is not in the same order, but you can easily use the search function in the PDF to find the content that you are looking for. There is also a table of contents that will show you which page a specific concept is discussed.

flyingpan

To continue the above topic on formula sheets file, do you happen to have a formula sheet file for Part II from last year? The one posted in Part II of My Course seems to be the formula sheet for Part I?
Thanks

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
To continue the above topic on formula sheets file, do you happen to have a formula sheet file for Part II from last year? The one posted in Part II of My Course seems to be the formula sheet for Part I?
Thanks
Hello @flyingpan

This was brought to our attention earlier today and has been fixed in the study planner.

Thank you

Jash

Hello @Jash

I moved your post to this thread. Please do not post new threads in the forum without searching for an answer to your question first. The original post on Page 1 of this thread will answer your question. Also, in response to your comment, "i think its high time for may 2020 attempt", you will not find any prep provider who has completed full sets (notes, practice question sets, interactive quizzes, instructional videos, focus review videos, learning spreadsheets) of HIGH-QUALITY materials by the beginning of March. There are only 6 sets of study notes marked "Coming Soon" out of 20 readings in Topic 3. We are only human and we are working as quickly as possible (without sacrificing quality) to provide materials for 137 total readings in the FRM curriculum.

Hi @Nicole Seaman I can totally understand your efforts and no question about it but still can you just gave me the rough idea about complete portion updation. So i can arrange my study plan accordingly. Because as you see there are 9 topics are coming soon in topic 4

And if you talking about others prep provider than I don't believe in their material. Thus i only choose BT.

mtakroosta

Hey David and Nicole

I see your hard work and I myself am using the question bank regularly to practice.
I hereby want to thank you and ask you not to sacrifice the quality and accuracy of your work (as you have never done so before).
We are all under pressure because of the GARP decision.
After all, it is possible for me to postpone my deadline to Nov. but it is impossible to find such good and perfect material elsewhere.

I didn't mean to say these here, but you are human and need positive feedback as well.

Great Job ;)
Keep it up!

ThomasHuang

Considering May is approaching soon (I'm sitting for Part 2), is there flexibility to get an extension on my subscription if I have to defer? Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hey David and Nicole

I see your hard work and I myself am using the question bank regularly to practice.
I hereby want to thank you and ask you not to sacrifice the quality and accuracy of your work (as you have never done so before).
We are all under pressure because of the GARP decision.
After all, it is possible for me to postpone my deadline to Nov. but it is impossible to find such good and perfect material elsewhere.

I didn't mean to say these here, but you are human and need positive feedback as well.

Great Job ;)
Keep it up!
@mtakroosta

Thank you very much for your kind words. Many times I think that people do forget that David and I are just that...human. We are not robots behind a machine. We care about our members and do the best that we can to support them and to provide as many quality updated materials as possible before the exams. We will never sacrifice quality for quantity. Our standards are far too high for that. We revolve our lives around this business. It is not often that we get praise for what we ARE doing so I cannot express enough, our appreciation for your post. Thank you for being a loyal and appreciative member of our community.

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Considering May is approaching soon (I'm sitting for Part 2), is there flexibility to get an extension on my subscription if I have to defer? Thanks.
Hello @ThomasHuang

Yes, we do offer a 3-month extension on all active subscriptions (see here for more information and pricing: https://www.bionicturtle.com/bt-faq/can-i-extend-my-subscription-if-it-expires-before-the-exam-2/). Please contact me via email at [email protected] if you would like to extend your subscription, as the process is manual.

olivierbuisson

Hi David, when do you think you will update the FRM Part 2 content? It seems outdated and/or missing a lot of content we paid for! Also, some other links are not working such as Basel III: A Global Regulatory Framework study notes in Operational Risk. I had a great experience using BT for Part 1, however I am not impressed as of now for Part 2.
Thanks for letting us know,
Olivier.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
HI @olivierbuisson Sorry for the broken Basel link(s)! @Nicole Seaman can you please check/fix?

Regarding the status of P2, I think we are actually in pretty good shape at this point, see https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2020-part-2-new-and-updated-published-materials.23057/
As you surely know, GARP forced a lot of changes ...

I don't do timetable status updates (sorry, not sorry, but I work too hard to add such pressure). Please see my comment here
https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/please-read-publishing-process-for-2020.22937/post-81244 i.e.,
@Jash What Nicole said. And, I would like to repeat for any future readers of this thread: I've just scanned a competitor's product and, frankly, I'm not very impressed. We care about the quality (including accuracy) and depth of our work. Although we can influence, we cannot control how much GARP changes the material year-to-year. @Jash: I reject your "high time" statement: it has no effect on me. In order to get all of these materials completed by NOW (march 2nd) we would need to totally disregard quality (and we would definitely need to disregard DEPTH because wrting good practice questions takes time). Maybe you haven't noticed, but our practice questions are unique. It takes to create quality stuff (btw, by caring about quality we are also able to contribute many fixes to the syllabus because, yes it's true, we know the syllabus better than GARP. GARP is only able to change the syllabus rapidly because they don't shoulder the same burden of understanding that is required of us EPPs; see https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/problems-in-garps-2020-frm-material.23011/ ).

Maybe we aren't a good fit for you. Please do whatever you need to do in order to understand that we will not be giving you specific dates. I fully realize GARP's changes, once again this year, put everybody in a difficult position with respect to the May exam. It is what it is. As Nicole said, we will work as fasts as we can within our quality constraints. But i don't host an OPEN forum to come into work feeling the stress of more timetable pressure. Whatever you gotta do, do that, but don't hit us up with timetable pressure. In the meantime, feel free to make a constructive contribution to the forum.

@jihan w see above

Last edited:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
HI @olivierbuisson Sorry for the broken Basel link(s)! @Nicole Seaman can you please check/fix?

Regarding the status of P2, I think we are actually in pretty good shape at this point, see https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2020-part-2-new-and-updated-published-materials.23057/
As you surely know, GARP forced a lot of changes ...

I don't do specific status updates (sorry, I work too hard to add such pressure), see my comment here
@David Harper CFA FRM @olivierbuisson

I've fixed the broken links (and will check to make sure that no others are broken). Also, I want to point out that the link that David provided with the updated materials doesn't reflect all of the materials that are actually published. Those are only the materials that have been updated. As you can see in our XLS curriculum analysis, there were actually readings that didn't change so the previous materials are still published and are very relevant. So, we actually have many more materials published than what is shown in that updated forum list. I agree that we are actually in good shape as far as materials that are published, especially since GARP added so much to the curriculum this year. Also, I'm moving this thread to the publishing process thread for organization purposes.

Mh.gharagozlou

Hi, I have been checking this website for a while.. For many of the topics, the study notes are not available and lovely note of "Coming Soon" is showing up, Any timeline available to have them all published?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi, I have been checking this website for a while.. For many of the topics, the study notes are not available and lovely note of "Coming Soon" is showing up, Any timeline available to have them all published?
Hello @Mh.gharagozlou

Please read the ENTIRE original post in this thread, along with the numerous comments that David and myself have made regarding our publishing process. If you haven't noticed, GARP changed the entire layout of Part 1, they added an entire new topic in Part 2, and added many new learning objectives in 2020. If you are looking for quality materials to study from, then you need to be patient. Every single time we have to stop our preparation of materials to answer the same question over and over and over, it means it is just going to take longer for you to receive materials. Not to mention, the sarcastic comment of "lovely coming soon note", which implies that we just love to make our members wait. We are working on it. Please do not ask about the timeline of when materials will be published. We've beaten this subject to death to be quite honest.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@Mh.gharagozlou also please review the forum before asking a totally repetitive question. This open forum does not exist to add to our stress. It's enough work to write totally new PQs every week (which is part of the content), answer questions every day, etc etc. Please read the forum so you don't totally waste our time. I almost deleted your post because, candidly, I'm tired of the fielding the same question repeated for literally the 180th time. Please don't make me resent our open forum.

mbbx5va2

Subscriber
Hi

If I was to buy the FRM level 2 course now but intend to take exam in 2021. Do you provide updated notes/questions in cases there are changes to the syllabus in 2021?

Thanks

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi

If I was to buy the FRM level 2 course now but intend to take exam in 2021. Do you provide updated notes/questions in cases there are changes to the syllabus in 2021?

Thanks
Hello @mbbx5va2

Note that I've moved your post to this thread, which explains our publishing process (it is the same every year). When GARP releases the new curriculum each year, we begin to update the materials in the study planner. We add new and updated materials throughout the exam year. Since all subscriptions are valid for one full year from your date of purchase, you will have access to any new and updated materials in the study planner until your subscription expires.

s.yerbooty

Hi guys, I've read your publishing process, the replies in this forum and I understand it takes time.. But.. we're in May 2020 now! The curriculum has been available since December of something? The entire Chapter 4 in Credit Risk is still missing! I find this a bit disconcerting.

Status
Not open for further replies.