PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello Nicole and David,

I would be interested to know whether the practice questions of Hull, Risk management, Chapter 18 are already available or are still under review. Because if I open the topic, I only see a blank field. (The other topics show either the description with the link or the description with "coming soon"). I thought it could maybe an error and the document is already available, just only can't be seen.

Thank you for your answer in advance!
Hello @simidani11

Please let me take a look at this and get back to you. There are some topics that won't have the materials published yet, but I've tried to make that clear. I need to look at this one in particular because I didn't write anything in the description. I do apologize for the confusion but I will follow up on this asap. I'm trying hard to get through the study planner to write "coming soon" on anything that is going to be published.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @simidani11

Please let me take a look at this and get back to you. There are some topics that won't have the materials published yet, but I've tried to make that clear. I need to look at this one in particular because I didn't write anything in the description. I do apologize for the confusion but I will follow up on this asap. I'm trying hard to get through the study planner to write "coming soon" on anything that is going to be published.
@simidani11

Following up on this, I hadn't published this practice question set, but it has now been published. Thank you for pointing this out.

dciobanu

Hi David and Nicole,
Firstly, thank you for all your great efforts to update the 2020 materials.
According to information related to "2020 Part 2 New and Updated Published Materials", on 02/06/2020 was published the R51 - Venkat, Chapter 3. Unfortunately, I couldn't find this material - "Study Notes Coming Soon!".

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi David and Nicole,
Firstly, thank you for all your great efforts to update the 2020 materials.
According to information related to "2020 Part 2 New and Updated Published Materials", on 02/06/2020 was published the R51 - Venkat, Chapter 3. Unfortunately, I couldn't find this material - "Study Notes Coming Soon!".
Hello @dciobanu

First, thank you very much for your kind words regarding the hard work that we do to provide these materials. Hearing that makes us feel so much better during stressful times like this. If you could please try to access the Venkat, Chapter 3 study notes again, you should see them now. That was a mistake on my part and I appreciate you pointing it out.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
The 2020 FRM GARP curriculum has been released! It is very important for you to read this entire post! :)

We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this very busy time. We want to make sure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

I need to bring attention to the red portion of the original post because I cannot continue to answer the constant emails that keep being sent asking about updated materials. We've tried to make it very clear that we are working as hard as we can to update materials. We are even ahead of the game compared to some other prep providers. We have also asked numerous times that our members respect our time and not ask us if and when specific materials will be published. This includes sending emails. Every single time that I need to stop to answer an email or forum post about the update of specific materials, it takes away from the time I can actually prepare those materials. I take customer support very seriously so I answer every single email that is sent each day. I am begging the members who continue to ask that you please stop asking. I promise you that we are providing you with the best materials out there! Please be patient. Thank you.

mcrisk7

Hello Nicole,

thank you for that statement and reminder. I think that we all appreciate the time and effort you and david put into the preparation of the new materials. I'm sure it is quite challenging to integrate the new syllabus into the learning materials. On the other hand all the people asking for when certain materials are there is not for bad intention, but because we want to start preparing as soon as we can, as you know that there is a lot of material to cover.

For my part, I want to start with working on questions as soon as possible, since practicing is at least as important as studying the topics. After every chapter I did the question sets, which where very helpful. Now that I am done with one book (Operational and Integrated Risk Management), I want to use the quizzes (initially the reason I chose advanced package) to check my understanding on that topic. Unluckily quizzes are not available yet.

Is there any alternative on bionic turtle I can use, to work on question sets apart from those available under every topic (since I've already solved them), until quizzes are available in the near future?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Marco

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello Nicole,

thank you for that statement and reminder. I think that we all appreciate the time and effort you and david put into the preparation of the new materials. I'm sure it is quite challenging to integrate the new syllabus into the learning materials. On the other hand all the people asking for when certain materials are there is not for bad intention, but because we want to start preparing as soon as we can, as you know that there is a lot of material to cover.

For my part, I want to start with working on questions as soon as possible, since practicing is at least as important as studying the topics. After every chapter I did the question sets, which where very helpful. Now that I am done with one book (Operational and Integrated Risk Management), I want to use the quizzes (initially the reason I chose advanced package) to check my understanding on that topic. Unluckily quizzes are not available yet.

Is there any alternative on bionic turtle I can use, to work on question sets apart from those available under every topic (since I've already solved them), until quizzes are available in the near future?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Marco
Hello @mcrisk7

Thank you for your comments. I truly understand the frustration with trying to create a study plan when all materials are not published. My previous message was for those who literally continue to email me numerous times after I've replied to every single one of their emails to remind them about our publishing process. The day I posted that, I received my 8th email from the same person asking if and when a specific set of materials will be published. I cannot continue to reply to those people. If someone has emailed me for the first time, maybe they have not seen this thread and I'm happy to send them here so they can read it. So, that comment was not for those people who may have emailed me once or maybe even twice. It was for those who continue to email me every day almost asking the same question about a different set of materials.

Regarding the interactive quizzes, all of the practice questions that are included in the quizzes are here in the forum. You can review those questions before the interactive quizzes are published. The quizzes are under each topic in the forum and they are marked clearly with a QUIZ prefix. For example, if you click on the paid section of Foundations of Risk here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/forums/p1-t1-foundations-of-risk.26/ you can sort them in decending order by "First Message". When you do this, you will see all of the Quizzes together.

quizzes.png

Here is the link for the list of all of the paid sections of the forum for reference: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/#frm-practice-questions-pqs-for-paid-customers.7 . I hope this helps until we can get the quizzes back up and running.

Thank you,

Nicole

simidani11

Dear Nicole and David,

In some of the updated study notes I saw the following sentence under active LOs:
<< to be considered for insertionin next major revision >>
(Example: Malz, Chapter 9: Structured Credit Risk -> Explain how the default probabilities and default correlations affect the credit risk in a securitization.)

What does it mean exactly? There will be a major revision before the May exam? Or these LOs are very small and insignificant therefore they are not really necessary or testable.

Thank you for your answer and for the really fast publishing of new materials!

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @simidani11 It means what it says, I wanted to get this version out and I'll plug the gaps as soon as possible (with a revised version). Where I left gaps, they do tend to be low priority. Yes, my intention for the Malz is to revise it again before May. But somebody on this forum is always pressing us for some priority. We are working as fast as we can.

Last edited:

txiong

Hi, Nicole (@Nicole Seaman),

Thank you for all the updates. These are very helpful. One thing I noticed, in the 2020 Part 2 New and Updated Published Materials post, the link for the publish process guided me to the 2019 publish process instead of this one.
1581523265424.png
Just want to avoid people keep questioning about this. ;) lol

Frank

txiong

Hi, Nicole (@Nicole Seaman )

Sorry to disturb you, I just want to get some clarity. When I see a notification like this in the study note,
1581889596370.png
Does it mean that
  • there will be critical points provided for the chapter to help students find the focus points
  • or key concepts in the chapter will be updated, i.e., the currently provided study note for the chapter is not updated and I should expect there will be revisions in the main study notes?
Thank you,
Frank

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi, Nicole (@Nicole Seaman )

Sorry to disturb you, I just want to get some clarity. When I see a notification like this in the study note,
View attachment 2570
Does it mean that
  • there will be critical points provided for the chapter to help students find the focus points
  • or key concepts in the chapter will be updated, i.e., the currently provided study note for the chapter is not updated and I should expect there will be revisions in the main study notes?
Thank you,
Frank
Hello @txiong

The key concepts section at the beginning just helps to point out important concepts that are in the document. If there are any major revisions in the document, we will notify members in the forum under the Updated Study Materials thread in the Announcement section of the forum.

simidani11

Dear Nicole,

The download link of the Study Notes: Ang, Asset Management, Chapter 13 doesn't work. It says "Error! You must specify a value for the file_url parameter in this shortcode".

Could you please check it? Thank you very much!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Dear Nicole,

The download link of the Study Notes: Ang, Asset Management, Chapter 13 doesn't work. It says "Error! You must specify a value for the file_url parameter in this shortcode".

Could you please check it? Thank you very much!
@simidani11

I've fixed this to show that the study notes are coming soon. This set of notes as just updated and is currently in review. It should be published this week.

Jash

Hi @David Harper CFA FRM i just want to know by what time study material will me available for financial market and product topic.

There are many chapters in which study material is not there( coming soon) and i think its high time for may 2020 attempt.
So please can you tell me by what time it will be available

jihan w

Hi All,

Some chapitre in the book 3 and book 4 are not updated yet. Could you please advise about the date of their availability ?

Thank you

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi All,

Some chapitre in the book 3 and book 4 are not updated yet. Could you please advise about the date of their availability ?

Thank you
Hello @jihan w

I've moved your post to this thread, which answers your question. Please see the original post on page 1. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.