PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
The 2020 FRM GARP curriculum has been released! It is very important for you to read this entire post! :)

We have received many questions about when the 2020 materials will be available. GARP made MANY additions in the curriculum this year so we need to ask that our members are patient when it comes to the updated materials. It is going to take some time for us to update everything.

As with previous years, we will continue to add new and updated materials throughout the exam year and not all at once. In addition to updated study notes and practice questions, we will also be focusing greatly on updating our instructional videos and focus review videos.

Curriculum Change Spreadsheet: For reference, here is our spreadsheet that shows the changes that were made to the curriculum in 2020: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2019-2020-curriculum-change-analysis-spreadsheets.22938/

Updated Materials: We will keep a list of newly published materials in the forum with the updated/publish date for Part 1 and Part 2. Receive notifications: Click the "Watch" button in the upper right corner on the page. It will give you the option to receive email notifications when the thread is updated.
We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this very busy time. We want to make sure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

It is very important that we point out that we have never guaranteed that every single reading and chapter in the study planner will have a full set of materials (i.e. study notes, PQ set, instructional video, and learning spreadsheet). We publish according to perceived priority, and we will not sacrifice the quality of our materials just to make sure our study planner is filled in with no gaps in materials. Please visit these links on our FAQ page to learn more about our publishing process, and why you may not see some materials published.
Thank you all for using Bionic Turtle, and we wish you luck in your studies!!

Last edited:

Kanyarabi

Hi Nicole,

I am unable to find the study notes for Fixed Income securities chapters(Price,Discount rates,arbitrage and others). Are they in the process of getting updated?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

I am unable to find the study notes for Fixed Income securities chapters(Price,Discount rates,arbitrage and others). Are they in the process of getting updated?
Hello Kanyarabi,

Note that I've moved your post to this thread. Please make sure to read our publishing process above carefully regarding updated materials. Thank you.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @amanjain026 Nope, we don't give dates (too stressful and creates too many additional communication loops). Instead, at the links @Nicole Seaman shared above, we simply start to post the updated Notes in January. It starts in January then continues as-we-go. Nicole may add more tomorrow. Thanks,

Harold Finch

For may 2020, part 2 exam. Part II: Applications | Market Risk Measurement & Management . Why there are some subsections that do not have study notes?. For chapter 3,4,5 for example?
Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
For may 2020, part 2 exam. Part II: Applications | Market Risk Measurement & Management . Why there are some subsections that do not have study notes?. For chapter 3,4,5 for example?
Thanks.
Hello @Harold Finch

Please note that I moved your question to this thread, which discusses our publishing process. It takes time to update the materials.

Thank you,

Nicole

DRoche

Hi,

I have been following the treads relating to the 2020 syllabus updates. I understand that it’s an onerous task updating all the materials however in terms of preparation for the May 2020 exam, is it ok to start studying last years material which is currently on the study planner or do you suggest waiting until all updates are completed to avoid having to start again once study planner updated?

Thanks,
Daragh

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,

I have been following the treads relating to the 2020 syllabus updates. I understand that it’s an onerous task updating all the materials however in terms of preparation for the May 2020 exam, is it ok to start studying last years material which is currently on the study planner or do you suggest waiting until all updates are completed to avoid having to start again once study planner updated?

Thanks,
Daragh
Hello @Daragh,

I'm going to add this to my original post above, but the answer is yes. You can begin to study without all of the materials being updated. The curriculum analysis XLS that I created (link above) maps all of the 2020 readings to the previous 2019 readings in Column F. This will help you to navigate the study planner more easily. This week (hopefully!) we will be launching a new study planner platform, which will be updated to reflect the new GARP layout for Part 1, some updated materials that we've already been working on, and the new Liquidity section (although the materials will not all be published right away for T8). I hope this helps!

Nicole

flyingpan

For topics that only have Question Set, not Study Notes in the current Study Plan for Part II, would you put the Study Notes back before the new updated versions are ready? It seems quite a large number of the topics are currently missing Study Notes.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@flyingpan no, we cannot do that (for reasons that I cannot explain, and I will explain as soon as we can, if we are able). Our progress on the updated draft notes is very good, so please be patient. When I compare our anticipated schedule to other EPP benchmarks, it appears will be among the quickest. Thank you.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
For topics that only have Question Set, not Study Notes in the current Study Plan for Part II, would you put the Study Notes back before the new updated versions are ready? It seems quite a large number of the topics are currently missing Study Notes.
Hello @flyingpan,

In addition to David's comment, it would be very inefficient to post outdated or incomplete materials in the study planner. Some of the notes that are missing have never been published, while others need to be completely updated so they have been taken down. There is a lot of work that goes into these updates. There are many materials in the study planner currently that you can study from while you are waiting for the new and updated materials to be published. The original post explains how you can use the XLS to map the 2019 materials to the 2020 materials (which was a very time-consuming task that we gladly provided to our members so they could navigate the current materials). Thank you for your patience.

Nicole

Status
Not open for further replies.