Passed part 1 and part 2 but not yet certified FRM

shanlane

If I passed part 1 and part 2, but have not officially been designated as a Financial Risk Manager, how can I put this on a resume? There is something about submitting your work history and needing to be approved before we are supposed to use the designation.

I would like to get my resume out there ASAP, but the GARP website said that I would not officially be able to use the designation until the middle/end of September.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Shannon

Leli

i used something like "FRM, part I (Nov 2011), part II (May 2012)"
I need to get a new job to really become certified !

FRM_Exam

safest thing to add on your resume as per what I read on GARP website FAQ section is -

FRM Program – Passed Parts I & II

Hend Abuenein

I thought you get to use designation without the "C"
We can uses FRM, but not CFRM, until our resumes are approved.

Can someone confirm/correct referring to a GARP source?

FRM_Exam

Hi Hend,

There is no such designation as CFRM - maybe what you refer to is Certified FRM. However, without getting your work experience approved you can't use either.

You can not use FRM or Certified FRM unless GARP approves your work experience. Using the FRM / Cetified FRM tag without getting your work experience approved is not correct and against the guidelines set by GARP. Both these titles can be used only after you have been certified which means passing the exams and verifying the work experience

From here - http://www.garp.org/frm/faqs/more-faqs.aspx#Work Experience and the Certification Process

When can I begin using my FRM designation? You may use the FRM designation after your name once you have passed both the FRM Exam Part I and FRM Exam Part II, met the two year work experience requirement and have received notification that your CV/ résumé submission for your FRM Certificate has been reviewed and is complete. You do not have to wait until you have actually received the FRM Certificate. To review the proper usage of the FRM, click here.

From here - http://www.garp.org/frm/certified-frm-resources/proper-usage-of-the-frm-designation.aspx

Proper Usage of the FRM Designation
The FRM designation adds significant value to your credentials. Having earned the FRM certification, you are eligible and encouraged to acknowledge your achievement by using the certification designation on your business cards and where appropriate in your business activities.

CERTIFIED FRM HOLDERS MAY ONLY USE THE FOLLOWING DESIGNATIONS
FRM
Certified FRM
Financial Risk Manager - Certified by the Global Association of Risk Professionals

SUGGESTED USES FOR THE FRM DESIGNATION
After your name in written correspondence and/or as part of your email signature
After your name on business cards, letterheads and/or name plates
As an identifier in resumes, curriculum vitas, biographies, personal statements and/or published articles

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Shannon,

I hope you are doing well! From http://www.garp.org/frm/faqs/more-faqs.aspx:
If I have passed the FRM Exam Part I and Part II, but have not yet met the work experience requirement or been notified by GARP that my work experience meets the requirements for certification, what can I state on my CV/résumé?

You can include the following statement on your CV/résumé once you have passed the FRM Exam Part I and Part II: "FRM Program - Passed FRM Exam Part I & Part II"

FRM_Exam

Also from here - GARP has mentioned the guidelines very cleary - what to do when you pass Lever 1 or Level 1 and 2 exams

http://www.garp.org/frm/faqs/more-faqs.aspx

If I have passed the FRM Exam Part I and have yet to take FRM Exam Part II, can I note on my CV/ résumé that I passed Part I and if so, how may I do that? You are permitted to include the following statement on your CV/résumé once you have passed the FRM Exam Part I: "FRM Program - Passed FRM Exam Part I"
If I have passed the FRM Exam Part I and Part II, but have not yet met the work experience requirement or been notified by GARP that my work experience meets the requirements for certification, what can I state on my CV/résumé? You can include the following statement on your CV/résumé once you have passed the FRM Exam Part I and Part II: "FRM Program - Passed FRM Exam Part I & Part II"

troubleshooter

Or you could add "FRM Holder". If you check your profile, that's what it says so there should be nothing wrong with using that...

troubleshooter

As that's what your profile shows, you should be entitled to use that terminology. I am not able to find a clear instruction in GARP site for usage of "FRM Holder" but that could be a good question for GARP. You wanna ask and keep all of us in the loop?:)

Aleksander Hansen

CERTIFIED FRM HOLDERS MAY ONLY USE THE FOLLOWING DESIGNATIONS
FRM
Certified FRM
Financial Risk Manager - Certified by the Global Association of Risk Professionals

SUGGESTED USES FOR THE FRM DESIGNATION
After your name in written correspondence and/or as part of your email signature
After your name on business cards, letterheads and/or name plates
As an identifier in resumes, curriculum vitas, biographies, personal statements and/or published articles

I'm just going to throw it out there, GARPs 3rd suggestion is ridiculous. Who would put "Financial Risk Manager - Certified by the Global Association of Risk Professionals" on any resume or business card? It looks like you're saying, "I'm insecure but I promise, I really am certified".

Can one not drop the certified by piece and just use Financial Risk Manager, or Certified Financial Risk Manager if one wants to spell it out? Would't make sense on a business card but some people might put it on their CV..

Since I'm already rambling I will comment on another thing

Aleks' guide to proper business card etiquette
I would say go with FRM or Certified FRM.

1) I always get skeptical when I receive a business card from someone who lists random things like, e.g. BSc Mathematics or MSc Statistics. Do not put anything on your business card except for PhD in terms of academic degrees.

2) Do yourself a big favor and don't put Dr. John/Jane Doe, PhD. The Dr. pre-fix looks stupid, and you come across as either arrogant or insecure. If you are a medical doctor, then fine you may include it if you must, but unless you're making house calls, stick with PhD.

3) Professional [and recognized] certifications like CFA or FRM are also acceptable. If you have a PhD, the, e.g. FRM title should come after, so: Jane Doe, PhD, FRM.

4) Don't try to be cute and throw in a nickname like Jane "Bionic Turtle" Doe, PhD, FRM (David, Suzanne, I use that with the best of intentions but feel free to modify). The only exception to this is if your name is originally not based on the Latin alphabet, or if you have a "Latin" name but are living in a non-Latin language country. In those cases though, printing an English version on the obverse, and a local/original name on the reverse side.

5) if you have a PhD the following is also acceptable:
Jane Doe, CFA, FRM
PhD Physics

6) Take a look at the first 15 minutes of the movie, "American psycho". There's a scene about business cards; believe it or not but it is not that far from the truth.

shanlane

I just entered all of my information to complete the process, but I did not see anything about actually submitting a resume. Did I miss something?

Thanks!

Shannon

Jas

No, you need not submit a resume. The information captured in the form will be used to evaluate your eligibility for the relevant 2 years work-ex.

I just entered all of my information to complete the process, but I did not see anything about actually submitting a resume. Did I miss something?

Thanks!

Shannon