If passed Level 1 in May, what's a good plan to pass Level 2 in Nov?

Parsimony

Hi, I took Part 1 in May and I think I probably passed. I'll find out in mid-July.

I'd like to go ahead and pass Part 2 in November. But I can't register for the Part 2 exam yet.

Does anyone have a view on starting Part 2 studies now? I can't buy the official books from GARP yet, but I could buy the BT course. I guess I will need to put at least 200 hours into it. Plus I will be very busy in October, so it would be good if I got a head start now.

It would be great to hear from other people who did Part 1 and Part 2 sequentially in the same year, or are trying to do it, and how much of a study break they are taking between exams? And what sort of study break between exams does BT think makes sense? Thank you!

nc27

the part 2 exam will be given in december (cbt format) now. my advice to you would be to wait and settle a bit till july and if it is a pass then go for it (i plan to do this so it is just my personal view)

Eustice_Langham

the part 2 exam will be given in december (cbt format) now. my advice to you would be to wait and settle a bit till july and if it is a pass then go for it (i plan to do this so it is just my personal view)
Why cant a person use the GARP books now....the program for level 2 is not expected to change is it?

nc27

No, not expected to change, you can start reading part 2 content now, nothing wrong about that!

Last edited:

LucreziaB

Why cant a person use the GARP books now....the program for level 2 is not expected to change is it?
If OP registers and buys GARP books now but doesn’t pass the May exam, OP will have to take P1 again in November and assuming OP wants to do them sequentially with some spacing, would take P2 2022 at the earliest. Those books would have a different curriculum.

OP, if you feel confident in your P1 performance, I’d get your BT subscription because it lasts a year and isn’t tied to a specific curriculum, then read GARP books when you get them. And you could look up and read the Current Events readings because they’re all free online.

maartenvdz

If OP registers and buys GARP books now but doesn’t pass the May exam, OP will have to take P1 again in November and assuming OP wants to do them sequentially with some spacing, would take P2 2022 at the earliest. Those books would have a different curriculum.

OP, if you feel confident in your P1 performance, I’d get your BT subscription because it lasts a year and isn’t tied to a specific curriculum, then read GARP books when you get them. And you could look up and read the Current Events readings because they’re all free online.
Where can one find the current events reading for free ? Are they available every year ?

Mano

Does anyone know if one can apply for Part 2 before his/her Part1 results would be released? I have tried to register and I received an error message that "Registration is currently not available.". I would prefer registering in the early/discounted period.

nc27

you will be able to register once you pass part 1, part 2 exam is cbt format and will be held in december

Mano

you will be able to register once you pass part 1, part 2 exam is cbt format and will be held in december
Thank you. The results will be released by mid September only so I will have no chance for the early bird registration which ends by 31st July, right?

nc27

Thank you. The results will be released by mid September only so I will have no chance for the early bird registration which ends by 31st July, right?
Correct, but maybe garp will give you an early registration option if you pass the exam, I don t know

Last edited:

LucreziaB

Gosh that is so frustrating. You should contact them about this because that makes no sense. What is the point of offering P1 in both May and July and pushing back P2 to December if you can’t take P2 right after July?