Exam Feedback November 2018 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Flashback

I’m wondering if they work on weekend. Given the situation, they should but I’m afraid they don’t.

nizarel

I’m wondering if they work on weekend. Given the situation, they should but I’m afraid they don’t.
They only work Monday thru Friday from 9am to 5pm ET. I feel that we'll be waiting for a while, a lot of people seem to have submitted their experience on January 3rd...

Acsteyn

I'm also eagerly waiting... submitted morning of the 3rd here in Germany, but seems like will be waiting for quite some time still... :(

nizarel

I'm also eagerly waiting... submitted morning of the 3rd here in Germany, but seems like will be waiting for quite some time still... :(
I emailed them to inquire and they replied saying that they received numerous work experience submissions on January 3rd and that they were not able to tell me jow far my sbmission was down the list.. i submitted on the evening of january 3rd from canada (ET) and considering you submitted in germany in the morning and haven't heard yet, i have a feeling this will take a while...

vrmua

I emailed them to inquire and they replied saying that they received numerous work experience submissions on January 3rd and that they were not able to tell me jow far my sbmission was down the list.. i submitted on the evening of january 3rd from canada (ET) and considering you submitted in germany in the morning and haven't heard yet, i have a feeling this will take a while...

Same here. They have just replied and it seems things are taking much longer than I expected. I submitted mine around 5:30am CET on Jan 3rd and still waiting!

btechlc

After how faulty the website is and the long wait for certification I wont be interacting with GARP anymore aside from paying my yearly dues. This wait time is simply a result of poor planing and reflects badly on GARP. Only about 5,000 people passed the FRM2. If you assume a worker takes 15 mins to look over a resume and works an 8 hour day that is 32 resumes reviewed per day ( I doubt they are following up with employers or checking linked in, they probably expect people to be honest). If we assume they have 5 people working on this given 30 working days have passed that is 32* 5 * 30 = 4800 applications.

I just got an email saying they are "very backed up", they are either :

1) Spending far too much time reviewing a given resume, 15 minutes should be more than enough.
2) Have just a small handful of people working on this.

CFA has MUCH higher volume and is MUCH MUCH faster. Also GARP knows how many people are going to take the test and roughly what the pass rate is. It is unacceptable for them to communicate to people "a high volume", they knew exactly what volume they were going to get and did nothing to prepare. Also these tests are almost pure profit for them, more test takers= more money. Use some of this money to hire temporary staff if the surge in test takers is really creating so many issues. the fact people have complained about this and the website they use to release results in this forum since 2010 tells me they dont plan on improving this experience for their test takers any time soon, despite surging revenues from more test takers.

In any other industry this would be a very bad reflection but all we can do is sit and wait as we all want the certification, its not like we can just stroll to the next provider and get them to certify us. If GARP was providing any other product I would have cut ties with them over these issues weeks ago.

Flashback

Maybe they simply use part - time older pensioned ex-employees work force to verify each submission request. I mean due to the operating expenses smoothing.

abhilashaa

Got Certified today! In my case, they didnt contact any of my supervisors. I work in Operational risk department in MNC bank. I also have a gap for 1yr and 4 months between my operational risk experience.

Glad it went smoothly! I submitted my work ex on 4th Jan ard 11pm (someone can calculate the EST time). In a month, I got the result.

Guys, please be patient. Its all happening. I think they are starting with easiest ones first like experiences based on current risk field.

Good Luck! Do share the updates. Now, only left to receive the physical certification. That should come in April as they said they will dispatch on 29th March.

Acsteyn

Got Certified today! In my case, they didnt contact any of my supervisors. I work in Operational risk department in MNC bank. I also have a gap for 1yr and 4 months between my operational risk experience.

Glad it went smoothly! I submitted my work ex on 4th Jan ard 11pm (someone can calculate the EST time). In a month, I got the result.

Guys, please be patient. Its all happening. I think they are starting with easiest ones first like experiences based on current risk field.

Good Luck! Do share the updates. Now, only left to receive the physical certification. That should come in April as they said they will dispatch on 29th March.

No such luck on my side. I submitted on 3rd and have 2 years experience as a market risk manager at a bank and 4 years working on market risk software for the asset management industry, but still nothing.

decmcloughlin

After how faulty the website is and the long wait for certification I wont be interacting with GARP anymore aside from paying my yearly dues. This wait time is simply a result of poor planing and reflects badly on GARP. Only about 5,000 people passed the FRM2. If you assume a worker takes 15 mins to look over a resume and works an 8 hour day that is 32 resumes reviewed per day ( I doubt they are following up with employers or checking linked in, they probably expect people to be honest). If we assume they have 5 people working on this given 30 working days have passed that is 32* 5 * 30 = 4800 applications.

I just got an email saying they are "very backed up", they are either :

1) Spending far too much time reviewing a given resume, 15 minutes should be more than enough.
2) Have just a small handful of people working on this.

CFA has MUCH higher volume and is MUCH MUCH faster. Also GARP knows how many people are going to take the test and roughly what the pass rate is. It is unacceptable for them to communicate to people "a high volume", they knew exactly what volume they were going to get and did nothing to prepare. Also these tests are almost pure profit for them, more test takers= more money. Use some of this money to hire temporary staff if the surge in test takers is really creating so many issues. the fact people have complained about this and the website they use to release results in this forum since 2010 tells me they dont plan on improving this experience for their test takers any time soon, despite surging revenues from more test takers.

In any other industry this would be a very bad reflection but all we can do is sit and wait as we all want the certification, its not like we can just stroll to the next provider and get them to certify us. If GARP was providing any other product I would have cut ties with them over these issues weeks ago.
I called a few days ago to check progress and they informed it was a 2 person team carry out the certification process hence the time delay...I was certified yesterday and submitted my evidence on Jan 3rd around 3pm GMT!