Exam Feedback November 2017 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Looks like it was another week of no progress at all. I can only imagine that there is an illness or other absence at GARP. Reviewing forum posts from previous exam cycles, nothing like this has happened in recent memory.

kmh

If the work experience is not cleared by this week i.e. Feb 16, will we even get the certificate in Mar 29 distribution.

According to an email I received from GARP, the deadline for submission for the 29 March distribution is 16 MARCH rather than February.

Walex

If the work experience is not cleared by this week i.e. Feb 16, will we even get the certificate in Mar 29 distribution.
See also here: http://www.garp.org/#!/frm/frequently-asked-questions#certification-distribution-schedule
According to an email I received from GARP, the deadline for submission for the 29 March distribution is 16 MARCH rather than February.
See also here:
http://www.garp.org/#!/frm/frequently-asked-questions#certification-distribution-schedule

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@davidhn that's a disappointing delay. Re: employer contact: My information on this is dated (by years) but historically I had understood that they "spot checked" randomly some applications, and the spot check could have included a call, but please don't quote me, I'm not current on GARP's experience verification method.

Spot checking (contacting employer) shouldn't be an issue though..., as long as folks were honest about their work experiences.

A 5-week delay would seem like there are some verification going on. Although, it may also be that there are a lot of requests.

Maybe folks still waiting should try calling GARP to figure out what's taking so long?

zforce

Spot checking (contacting employer) shouldn't be an issue though..., as long as folks were honest about their work experiences.

A 5-week delay would seem like there are some verification going on. Although, it may also be that there are a lot of requests.

Maybe folks still waiting should try calling GARP to figure out what's taking so long?
In my opinion, GARP should not spend '5' weeks without any notification but demand a certified FRM candidate to supplement one's work experience evidence if a submitted document lacks credibility. Is it a wrong thinking?

In my opinion, GARP should not spend '5' weeks without any notification but demand a certified FRM candidate to supplement one's work experience evidence if a submitted document lacks credibility. Is it a wrong thinking?

I can understand you're probably very frustrated at the slow pace of GARP reviewing work experiences. I would be very frustrated too if I were in the same situation.

I would assume notification is probably done for the following reasons:

1) to approve certification
2) to deny certification.
3) to request additional information before work experience is approved or denied.

Are you saying GARP should not request additional information, if submitted document lacks credibility, only because they've waited 5 weeks to review work experience?

A submitted document that lacks credibility should be a major issue since it indicates deception. I think we all should want GARP to request additional information in this case..., so the integrity of the certification is maintained. This benefits all those who are candidates and certified FRMs/ERPs.

zforce

I can understand you're probably very frustrated at the slow pace of GARP reviewing work experiences. I would be very frustrated too if I were in the same situation.

3) to request additional information before work experience is approved or denied.

Are you saying GARP should not request additional information, if submitted document lacks credibility, only because they've waited 5 weeks to review work experience?

A submitted document that lacks credibility should be a major issue since it indicates deception. I think we all should want GARP to request additional information in this case..., so the integrity of the certification is maintained. This benefits all those who are candidates and certified FRMs/ERPs.

I think you misunderstood my sentence. I hope the value of the certified FRM will be consistent forever since I want to be a certified FRM like you.
As I mentioned above, GARP should inform a certain person of any notification ASAP, which contains some messages such as further action needed, if GARP cannot verify the job experience's credibility.
From my perspective, it is very exceptional occasion since I have not received any message of the verifying progress for 'FIVE' weeks.
As we know, there are some people received a verified message from GARP on Jan 8 because they submitted their CV on 2 Jan or at very early time on 3 Jan.
On the other side, there are also several people, like me, still waiting for coming something from GARP since their CVs were submitted after 11:00(EST) (my submission time) on 3 Jan.
I do not think enormous CVs were submitted between 12:00 A.M and 11:00 A.M. on 3 Jan since FRM exam is very tough.

Anyway, I 'STILL' anticipate to receive something from GARP as soon as possible.

I think you misunderstood my sentence. I hope the value of the certified FRM will be consistent forever since I want to be a certified FRM like you.
As I mentioned above, GARP should inform a certain person of any notification ASAP, which contains some messages such as further action needed, if GARP cannot verify the job experience's credibility.
From my perspective, it is very exceptional occasion since I have not received any message of the verifying progress for 'FIVE' weeks.
As we know, there are some people received a verified message from GARP on Jan 8 because they submitted their CV on 2 Jan or at very early time on 3 Jan.
On the other side, there are also several people, like me, still waiting for coming something from GARP since their CVs were submitted after 11:00(EST) (my submission time) on 3 Jan.
I do not think enormous CVs were submitted between 12:00 A.M and 11:00 A.M. on 3 Jan since FRM exam is very tough.

Anyway, I 'STILL' anticipate to receive something from GARP as soon as possible.

I think you should call or e-mail GARP (or via social media) to figure out what's taking so long. I understand the need to express your thoughts and feelings on here as well. I would be doing exactly the same thing if I were in your position.

It's been more than a month since you submitted your work experience for approval. I would call if I were you.

I'm rooting for you, buddy.

vipul.nyc

@David Harper CFA FRM I am also waiting to get certified, I have submitted my CV on 4th Jan and it's still pending....

Not sure if I should contact GARP or wait for few more days... I am thinking to switch job and want to put FRM certification on my resume.

who else is still waiting for certification?

I also submitted work experience on 3 January (early morning Swedish time) and still havent heard anything from GARP. I sent them an email yesterday asking about the progress of the reviews. Will update here when I get an answer.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@vipul.nyc I just got a reply from my above (almost instantly). GARP does sees this thread so ... it's up to you, but it appears that they are totally aware. I can promise you that I will do my small part to make sure this gets noticed because, personally, I'm frustrated for anybody who has had to wait this long, after the investment that you've made. :(

davidhn

@David Harper CFA FRM I am also waiting to get certified, I have submitted my CV on 4th Jan and it's still pending....

Not sure if I should contact GARP or wait for few more days... I am thinking to switch job and want to put FRM certification on my resume.

who else is still waiting for certification?

Sorry buddy, given how long it's already taken for the 3rd Jan people, you'll probably get yours sometime in 2020 :p

davidhn

I'm not worried about GARP contacting anyone in my reporting line all the way to my Global Head, but as I am under a sort of expat contract for a company headquartered in a non-English speaking country, my local HRs are apparently exceedingly confused about my role and status and have embarrassingly messed it up on many occasions. Hence my worrying.