Exam Feedback November 2016 Part 1 Exam Feedback

Dipanjan

I failed CFA L2 in Band 10 last year, which I felt I was going to pass.
Could not devote more than 140 hours max(read only from Schweser, and post exam felt I am going to fail). Though I won't suggest it, I think God was too lenient this time. Passed with 1-1-2-1.This exam must be really difficult for all.
PS: my first attempt at Part 1
PPS: Over to crashing Level II now

Results can be seen on Garp Website --> My Programs.
The quartiles can be seen later during the day after email confirmation.

After 4 tries on FRM Part 1 exam, I have finally passed. I would like to thank my line manager at work for his continual support, and also would like to thank BT for their study course.

I shall be purchasing Part 2 shortly and look forward for the challenge of Part 2.

Good luck all.

If you fail on Part 1, do not worry. I have failed at least 3 times on this exam and I am a very slow learner even though I revise each day.

I am poor in probability but I have assumed that even if I keep failing, as long as I don't give up and I stay determined to pass; I will pass eventually :)

Dipanjan

After 4 tries on FRM Part 1 exam, I have finally passed. I would like to thank my line manager at work for his continual support, and also would like to thank BT for their study course.

I shall be purchasing Part 2 shortly and look forward for the challenge of Part 2.

Good luck all.

If you fail on Part 1, do not worry. I have failed at least 3 times on this exam and I am a very slow learner even though I revise each day.

I am poor in probability but I have assumed that even if I keep failing, as long as I don't give up and I stay determined to pass; I will pass eventually :)

Congrats and all the best for the next part :) and you are no poor at probability anymore

Simon_ZHAW

Happy new year!
Passed: 1,3,1,2
Only relied on GARP books and what was available for free on the web.
Have to say tho, past papers by GARP never reflect the difficulty of the actual exam.

premseoul

Passed part 1!! Happy to see the result.
My take on FRM exam:
1. Forget all the official mock tests, It just a time pass. It is no where close to what you see in actual exam.
2. Either know something fully or not...nothing in between. i.e. only deep understanding from analytical and quantative perspective will get you things done.
3. Never expect CFA L1 like one liner questions might appear
4. Earlier BT questions were more difficult than FRM actuals, This is not true any more.
5. Be super strong in the topics which appear in CFA and FRM ( almost 20-30 %), it has double reward.

kik92

Good luck all.

Well done!! (We met during the exam in Wembley, if you remember me) I passed too :D

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Congratulations to all of those who passed!! To those who did not pass, keep trying and don't give up! :)