Exam Feedback May 2019 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

aypy

Can someone tell me how many people in the world hold FRM certificates?

Not sure if there's an exact figure that we can get online unless you ask GARP directly. But there is this statement in the 2019 Candidate Guide.
"Currently, more than 50,000 certified FRMs are employed internationally at nearly every major bank, asset management firm, hedge fund, consulting firm, and regulator in the world. Registrations for the FRM Exams have grown by an average of 15% per year since 2010 and surpassed 67,000 in 2018, illustrating the rapidly increasing demand for professionals trained in measuring and managing financial risk. "

You can expect this figure to rise with the Nov 2018 certifications being confirmed soon (hopefully).

cmfrtblynmb209

Certified this morning, email at 9:40am EST. Submitted on 6/28, not particularly early... maybe 11:00am EST. My experience was a pretty clear cut case, however, which may have helped. Thirteen years as a financial institution regulator specializing in market risk, liquidity risk, and capital stress testing probably wasn't questioned too hard.

Congratulations to all who passed!

pengfrm

Submitted experience on 29 June - still pending and unsure if it will pass (mainly monitoring and reporting risk exposures, improving automated monitoring system etc).

pengfrm

Certified this morning, email at 9:40am EST. Submitted on 6/28, not particularly early... maybe 11:00am EST. My experience was a pretty clear cut case, however, which may have helped. Thirteen years as a financial institution regulator specializing in market risk, liquidity risk, and capital stress testing probably wasn't questioned too hard.

Congratulations to all who passed!
That made me curious...how much time did you spend studying on part II? I saw in another post that you spent 100h on part I.

AnnaM

Just wondering how are the certificates mailed? Do you need to sign something when they arrive? Does the delivery guy call? I added my home address but maybe work address would be better, since it will 100% arrive during work hours.

JRB

Does anyone know when the May 2019 exam paper will be released - Also to David/Nicole - when are the worked out answers likely to be available from your side.
Thanks

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Does anyone know when the May 2019 exam paper will be released - Also to David/Nicole - when are the worked out answers likely to be available from your side.
Thanks
Hello @JRB

GARP never releases the official exam papers or answers to anyone so this is not something that anyone will have access to.

cmfrtblynmb209

That made me curious...how much time did you spend studying on part II? I saw in another post that you spent 100h on part I.

I probably spent less on part II than part I, but it's not something that I tracked. If I had to guess, I'd say 80-100. Many of the topics - particularly in market risk and operational risk - were highly familiar to me. The work experience absolutely cut down on required study time for both exams in my case, but there was still quite a bit to learn.

hvahalia

Just got the "Your requirement for FRM certification is approved" email!

I filled out the application on the day of the results Jun 28 around 9:30 AM Eastern time.

xiaofeima

Got approved around 16:00

I filled out the application on the day of the results Jun 28 around 10:00 AM Eastern time.

Good luck to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.