Exam Feedback May 2019 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

windhazard

Certified yesterday at 5pm CET, submitted on 28 June late night CET time.

I was totally surprised because I didn't think I would get it. Currently working for a PE fund as a finance manager and hardly ever do anything risk-related. My 4 sentences were also shallow as hell. The plan was to pass the exam, get a risk job and certified after two years.

This makes me wonder whether they would ever reject anyone, or just want to make the FRM community grow bigger real quick to compete with other certifications. My GF as a CFA told me that you have to get recommendations from three other CFAs for the approval. Considering how much smaller the FRM community is compared to CFA, this is almost impossible.

Anyway, glad that I am certified now but honestly when I see that I possess "a mastery of the essential knowledge and skills needed to manage risk in the global financial markets." just feel that I am a big ass liar.

I will not put FRM after my name until I really have two years worth of experience in a risk position.

Last edited:

gprisby

Certified yesterday at 5pm CET, submitted on 28 June late night CET time.

I was totally surprised because I didn't think I would get it. Currently working for a PE fund as a finance manager and hardly ever do anything risk-related. My 4 sentences were also shallow as hell. The plan was to pass the exam, get a risk job and certified after two years.

This makes me wonder whether they would ever reject anyone, or just want to make the FRM community grow bigger real quick to compete with other certifications. My GF as a CFA told me that you have to get recommendations from three other CFAs for the approval. Considering how much smaller the FRM community is compared to CFA, this is almost impossible.

Anyway, glad that I am certified now but honestly when I see that I possess "a mastery of the essential knowledge and skills needed to manage risk in the global financial markets." just feel that I am a big ass liar.

I will not put FRM after my name until I really have two years worth of experience in a risk position.

Honestly, if you work in financial services you are a risk manager in some aspect or another.

terrance00232

I got approval email last night. I would like to thank again that BT team really help me to pass the examination. Even if I’m not a native English speaker (I’m from Taiwan by the way) and not pass part II at the first time, I tried to read all the BT study material again and again during my off time in a couple of years. Finally I become a certified FRM. Really appreciate it.

pengfrm

I submitted on 29 June in the evening hours (CET) and received the mail today. Unfortunately, it turned out that my submission is incomplete. Start and end date were both set to 06/29/2019 (not sure how that happened). Turns out that submitting the work experience is the most difficult part for me :) Hopefully, it will get through on the next attempt.

aypy

Just got my approval email! Submitted 30 June 11PM EST, approved 30 July 10AM EST. Took a whole month for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.