Exam Feedback May 2019 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sairam2366

Is it necessary to give company address as mailing address or one can give Home address as mailing address for certificate?? Any idea pls?

Sairam2366

Guys, I just submitted my work experience. How long before GARP approves it, usually? Can't wait to be a full-fledged FRM :D
Can you please tell me if you provided company mailing address or home address for certificate ? It is the pop up that comes after ckickunv on submit work exp ?

nansverma

I passed FRM Part I with 1111 and FRM Part II with 11132. Many thanks to BT and Special thanks to David for support and help in my preparation.
  • I cannot imagine myself going through actual readings from GARP given the time constraints and work pressures. Great job by BT in careful construction of study notes and practise questions which covers all the areas with emphasis on key topics and key points without compromising on comprehensiveness. Study notes provided very practical means of preparation.
  • The areas where study notes seemed to fall short of explanations, those areas were supported very well by the discussion forums. Discussion forums further strengthen your knowledge and there were valuable contributions to these subjects by various members and specially David.
  • David was very responsive to any queries asked and provided further good and useful insights to various topics of FRM topics.
I was never part of any study group online or offline but always felt a part of one, just through the BT forums. I value and appreciate BT and David's support, thanks so much !

JRB

Hello -
My quartiles are 43323
I have failed.
Does anyone know the borderline and what quartiles were necessary to pass?

Thanks

Hello -
My quartiles are 43323
I have failed.
Does anyone know the borderline and what quartiles were necessary to pass?

Thanks

The exact mark which was necessary to pass is a bit unknown - the method GARP uses to determine the pass mark, as I gather, isn't fully disclosed.

If you were to assume that the top 50% pass and bottom 50% fail - even then its hard to say using your quartiles what quartiles you needed. The pass score is a weighted total of all the questions (e.g. all questions in Current Issues of Risk are worth 10% - so get weighted by that). So firstly we don't know how many questions, exactly, were from each topic.

But if we were to assume that we did - using your quartiles is still a bit unclear. Take my pass quartiles for example 3,3,2,2,3. I know that I was somewhere between the top 25% and top 49% for each 2nd quartile and between top 50% and top 74% for each 3rd quartile. Given the topics are weighted 25%,25%,25%,15%,10% I could be anywhere between just inside the top 40% or just at the bottom 36% of people on my overall score if you take the best/worst possible percentile and weight that with the topic weightings.

In other words two people could have the same quantiles, one can pass and one can fail. If you have all 1's and 2's you could probably safely assume you have enough. After that it starts to become hairy.

ataranukha

I guess the process is similar to the CFA exams: the committee reviews the questions and determines if its fairly stated and the question make sense. If its not, we all get a credit. After the review they set up the minimum passing score and based on the left and right tail, they can see automatic fail/pass. The one in the middle distribution can be on the border, so they review those exams. Some may pass based on the internal criteria.

Delighted! Passed FRM Part II! (1,1,1,1,1). Congratulations to all that have passed!

Thanks David and Nicole for the amazing BT platform which has not just helped me pass but also greatly enhanced my knowledge beyond the necessities for the exam. The knowledge I acquired here over the last year has (and will continue to greatly) boosted my confidence in the office.

For future reference I estimated my score to be somewhere (60-65)/80 based on the questions I recalled and the great discussions here in this topic.
Amazing...Scoring 60-60 marks in part2 is beyond the means...We would like to hear your preparation strategy and your approach towards the exam which would be helpful to all part2 exam takers... How did you manage your time to cover the syllabus and complete all set of questions in 240 mins... Awaiting for your response...

Same here! Passed part 2 with Quartiles 1,1,1,1,1! Wouldn’t have been possible without the BT platform. My concepts were crystal clear before the exam which I never thought would’ve been possible without the constant guidance and support from David and Nicole.
Thanks a lot!

ataranukha

Anyone got mail from GARP with work experience validation ?
I have checked another forums and people showed the time frame of the submission and getting approved. The fastest one was in two weeks. In other words, don't expect approval earlier than the end of this week.. It may be even longer if there are many applications this year and I assume that the case too.

Status
Not open for further replies.