Exam Feedback May 2017 Part 2 Exam Feedback

farahm

There's one question that keeps bugging me. there was 2 qs about bitcoins. the first one involved bitcoin and hedging. does anyone remember what they answered and why? I was tough for me to narrow the choices down to 1.

KA1991

There's one question that keeps bugging me. there was 2 qs about bitcoins. the first one involved bitcoin and hedging. does anyone remember what they answered and why? I was tough for me to narrow the choices down to 1.

Yes, first one I went with 'D' that said transfer of operational risk to customer with use of wallets
Even the second one with 'D' - other three were not even close like can be tracked easily, reversed easily.

marque

Very sorry to hear about it, even at my exam center - there were 6 candidates in total, that were not allowed to sit for the exam.
I planned arrive at 1:00, but there are multiple car accidents delay me for like 30 min, then I scratched my head searching building to building to find the exam location, there is no clear sign of GARP exam at all. so outraged.

cj9101

VAR Mapping questions for fixed income securities were pretty basic, mostly on the difference between principal, duration and cash flow mapping. I recall one specifically referenced the necessity to adjust for yield returns VAR in the cash flow method.
I said by changing principal to cashflow it will lower the operational risk.... is this right?

cj9101

Nope,unless garp decides the pass rate for this year may 2017 to be around 25%.

It should be fair to assume it would be around 50-55. Perception of questions is one thing and solving them under pressure in exam is a whole lot different. On a normal day lot of us with decent prep will do 60 for this exam but it is a completely different ball game to do this in stressful 4 hours where mind plays all kinds of tricks on us
What was last years' exams cutoff? do you know?

cj9101

Collateral threshold amount

What did you guys choose for this question?
Did I have to include minimal transaction amount to calculate this?