Exam Feedback May 2017 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Linghan

Very true. It was so stressful - that's what I found. Whoever manages the stress well with decent preparation is a winner.
I took too long for solving the questions where I was condident. Left me with 20 question in the last 30 minutes. Missed few easy questions because of some bad time management.
Me too...

Linghan

It was an easy test...yet ruined by my poor time management...does anyone recall a consecutive Ds on the left side of the bubble?...basically from 20 - 50 I was rushing to get bubbles filled in 10 min....there are VaR calculation questions I know how to do but no time to check answers....

bob fisher

hi everyone
i think the level of the test was not that high as expected - of course this does not mean that it will be easier to pass the exam! looking around in the room i felt that pretty lot of the people felt good after the exam.
ater part 1 exam i felt soo badly but finaly i pasef very well. now i am feeling much more comfortable - but that makes me sorrow ...

Part 2 Student

qualitative questions were indeed very hard...after the exam, I checked several I wasn't sure about against the official GARP books and, for the vast majority, I gave the wrong answer...

bpdulog

I will talk more details when my head isn't spinning, but this test was harder than any practice I've seen. They go deep in certain sections and you will never know which ones

Not feeling too confident right now

Linghan

I am hearing my story happening to many other candidates. Left with 30 mins to solve 20+ questions and not being able to do much about it. I certainly fell into the time management trap. Although I was advised times and times again to keep time management in focus at all times, I think the lengthy questions gave me no option but to give my best shot to whatever I can manage within the time given. So answered around 80 questions. I think I should get 50~ points. Not optimistic, but I enjoyed the journey
No, it's the time management skill for filling that bubbles!!! When I did mocks, I usually finished within 2-3 hrs. I finished my test today in 2.5 hrs..it took me so long (1 hrs more) try to make sure the first several bubbles are filled in correctly with first attempt!!

vistag

does anyone recall a consecutive Ds on the left side of the bubble?...basically from 20 - 50 I was rushing to get bubbles filled in 10 min.....

I had something like that around q 15-25 i guess. Is the sequence of questions same for everyone?

Secondly some concepts although i was vee clear on, i felt the options were too close to choose

Like for example libor vs OIS - Such a simple concept, on which one to chose for discounting derivatives. But i have two choices which can both be correct -libor rates correlated with banks credit risk and libor rate decreases cva? Anyone know the answer, i chose libor rates correlated with banks risk but i somehow feel cva decrease can also be a choice?(Infact the right one)

vistag

No, it's the time management skill for filling that bubbles!!! When I did mocks, I usually finished within 2-3 hrs. I finished my test today in 2.5 hrs..it took me so long (1 hrs more) try to make sure the first several bubbles are filled in correctly with first attempt!!
You finished the test in 2.5 hrs? Omg,that's really awesome.

Linghan

I had something like that around q 15-25 i guess. Is the sequence of questions same for everyone?

Secondly some concepts although i was vee clear on, i felt the options were too close to choose

Like for example libor vs OIS - Such a simple concept, on which one to chose for discounting derivatives. But i have two choices which can both be correct -libor rates correlated with banks credit risk and libor rate decreases cva? Anyone know the answer, i chose libor rates correlated with banks risk but i somehow feel cva decrease can also be a choice?(Infact the right one)
Hopefully my bubbles were not filled wrongly...it was that section I tried to get done within 3 min!!!!

Linghan

I skipped the long essay ones...lots of questions left uncertain..not sure with quite some answers..I like to circle answers first on my booklet and then slowly fill the correct one on bubbles...then I was running out of time until a kind hearted proctor told me there's 15 min left I need to hurry up!!

Hi all,

Basis history the average passing rate has been around 55% candidates clearing part 2. Now expecting on the minimum cutt off score i feel though the exam had medium level of difficulty i believe #40 would be the fair bet if garp plans to maintain 55% passing rate..just my guess....bcz i remembered in level 1 i was not feeling great as i expecting 60+ out of 100 but scored 1121..

Linghan

i think I chose the OIS do have Risk and needs to evaluate....