Exam Feedback May 2017 Part 2 Exam Feedback

KA1991

-Best expected MVAR to Expected return (no portfolio var was given) - which portfolio will be increased.
This one I calculated Expected return/BETA = with highest getting most investment

-Step that will reduce undercollateralization
Decrease MTA or something.

-Best practice for small insurance company - fundamental principles of operational risk management.
Senior management create the governance structure for the firm

-About HFT - majorly from risk mitigation perspective.
Ability to track intraday risk exposure with controls.

-Value addition due to use of KRI metric.
This one was monitoring the business or something.

-How operational risk is managed when there's a Vendor.
BCM planning

-french fama - given the regression - to assess where the investment is focused (SMB, HML, Market)
this was value focused.

-how to correct biases caused by infrequent trading
unsmoothening process

Any agreements here?

W

Gev is a severity distribution right?
There were 2 parts to the question..1) threshold (so it cant be gev bit has to be POT or GPD) 2) pot, gpd and gev are probability dist functions with a location or threshold parameter and scale and tail index..they model the probability function of tail events..so i went for PARETO and FREQUENCY

bpdulog

-Best expected MVAR to Expected return (no portfolio var was given) - which portfolio will be increased.
This one I calculated Expected return/BETA = with highest getting most investment

-Best practice for small insurance company - fundamental principles of operational risk management.

BCM planning

-french fama - given the regression - to assess where the investment is focused (SMB, HML, Market)
this was value focused.

unsmoothening process

Any agreements here?

I agree with most, not sure about MVAR and BCM planning. I think I put they had to look at all external audits of the vendor

I

BCM planning

this was value focused.

unsmoothening process

Any agreements here?
I guess to have have the same answers as yours

I agree with most, not sure about MVAR and BCM planning. I think I put they had to look at all external audits of the vendor
For MVAR i remember to select the option with asset 1 and asset 3..but there were 2 options with both these assets so i dont remember..Low beta was the biggest clue..and i guess i have also gone for external audit but not sure..

KA1991

snc8B(1).png
Here is the extract from one of the presentation on John C Hull Volatility smile, it is actually a “frown” with volatilities declining as we move out of or into the money? This is my understanding. I may be wrong.

KA1991

For MVAR i remember to select the option with asset 1 and asset 3..but there were 2 options with both these assets so i dont remember..Low beta was the biggest clue..and i guess i have also gone for external audit but not sure..
True, however this still required the expected return to beta calculation which would change the risk adjusted outcome. Even I remember asset 1 and asset 3

Roddefeller

True, however this still required the expected return to beta calculation which would change the risk adjusted outcome. Even I remember asset 1 and asset 3

As MVAR = VAR Portfolio/Total Assets Portfolio * Beta and VAR P/Total Assets is constant for all three portfolios, I think Beta equals MVAR, so expected return over Beta all day long in my humble view.