IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Updated Materials for 2015

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
We have received MANY questions about when the 2015 materials will be updated. Bionic Turtle begins to publish new materials in January each year, and we continue to publish materials throughout the exam period (January through November). This means that the materials are updated on a continuous basis throughout the exam period and not immediately all at once. Most of the materials that are currently in the study planner are relevant to the 2015 exam, as GARP does not change the entire curriculum every year. We will continue to publish new materials, and you will begin to see the new readings added to the study planner, as our team is working VERY hard to prepare the new and updated materials.

There are three ways for you to see when new materials are published:

1. A "new" symbol will appear next to the new materials in the study planner
  2. A date will show in the title, which reflects the most recent date that it was updated
  3. We will keep a list of newly published materials in the forum
It takes a great deal of time to prepare new materials to coincide with the GARP curriculum, as there are many changes each year. We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this very busy time.

Thank you all for using Bionic Turtle, and we wish you luck in your studies!! :)

Last edited:

ClaudiaM

Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Manley,

I saw the new material today, but it there is only a question set, no study notes.
Also, I would like to know if the order in which the chapters/parts are organized in the study planner is the order to follow. I am a little confused about where to start and what to open next. Any help is much appreciated.

Claudia

ShaktiRathore

Subscriber
Hi,
Claudia you can start from wherever you wish to like you can start from topics you are comfortable with, the order in the study planner is also which you can adhere to, i dont think BT recommends following the order of planner as you study, i dont know here Nicole Manley and David can help.
By the way i would advise you to follow as, QUant Analysis(is the most basic of all used everywhere in frm) -> Foundations of Risk Management(lays the foundations of risk comes handy forward) -> Financial markets and products(gives overview of markets and various products) -> Valuation and Risk models(once you know all quant tools techniques , use them to value products u studied is the most challenging of all the topics covered in part I).
thanks

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
@DebbieM and @ClaudiaM

As stated above, we are working very hard on preparing the new materials for 2015. We update on a continuous basis, and not all at once so we cannot give anyone a timeline as to when a specific set of materials will be published. We will get the materials updated as soon as we possibly can. We appreciate everyone's patience during this time.

Thank you,

Nicole

CYLoh

Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Manley ,

Is it possible that you add a fine print to the updated study note so as we can track what are the actual updates? (e.g. which new AIMS did the update cater for)

I find it kinda time consuming going through the entire updated note against the previous version trying to spot the difference.

Hopefully this will help the others as well!

Regards

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @CYLoh,

We have published the 2014/2015 AIM analysis in the forum here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2014-2015-curriculum-change-analysis.8198/ to help our members to analyze the changes from 2014 to 2015. We have not published any 2015 notes in the study planner at this time, but this analysis will help you to see the changes that were made. Thank you for your patience while we prepare the materials for 2015.

Nicole

Thanks Nicole!

However, i do agree with you on major course still remaining the same.
So I guess I am gonna start with existing and once everything is updated, I'll cover up the rest and chill.

R

Rf67

The Topic Review Study Notes for Part 1 Topic 4 are very good, can I confirm that Topic Review Study Notes for Topics 1-3 will be uploaded in the future? As long as it's before May I am happy!

:)

Abhishek...

Subscriber
Hi,
Claudia you can start from wherever you wish to like you can start from topics you are comfortable with, the order in the study planner is also which you can adhere to, i dont think BT recommends following the order of planner as you study, i dont know here Nicole Manley and David can help.
By the way i would advise you to follow as, QUant Analysis(is the most basic of all used everywhere in frm) -> Foundations of Risk Management(lays the foundations of risk comes handy forward) -> Financial markets and products(gives overview of markets and various products) -> Valuation and Risk models(once you know all quant tools techniques , use them to value products u studied is the most challenging of all the topics covered in part I).
thanks
I agree with above. One more very good resource is the FRM Program Manual, especially the Reading Plan on Page 62. This reading plan has logical continuity to it. This is the same reading plan GARP sends across in emails, but it is complete in Program Manual. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

brian.field

Subscriber
From my perspective, I found the Financial Markets and Products the most difficult area given the amount of information and my limited experience with non-fixed income products.

Brian

andrettaw

Subscriber
Hi, are you guys going to move Tuckman Chapter 6 over from Part I to Part II soon? The title on Part II says the study notes have chapter 6, but I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello,

Yes we are going to update the notes to include Chapter 6. We are still currently in the process of updating our materials for 2015. We have updated the title of the readings in the study planner so that is why you can see that Chapter 6 is now included. The updated materials will follow as soon as we have finished preparing them. Thank you for your patience during this time :)

Nicole

RenInvs

Subscriber
Hi, how can i know when you are gonna finish with all the notes from Foundations of Risk Management? Please i need the information because i have almost read all FoRM and i need some of the note from Lam, Tarantino, etc.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @RenInvs

Please see above where we have stated that we cannot give status updates on materials that are being published, as this takes time away from our preparation of the materials that you are asking about. Also, I listed (above) the three different ways that you can check to see if specific materials have been updated and published. Please read our announcement in this thread carefully, as it already answered your question.

Thank you,

Nicole

Ben575

Subscriber
Hi All,

Its March already, I understand it takes time to get these notes together and publish them. But do you have any sort of ETA for:
Meissner Chp. 1,2,3&4 (Market Risk)
Stulz Chp.18 (Credit Risk)
Girling Chp.7,8&12 (Operational Risk)

Btw the notes and videos on Basel are Excellent stuff!!!