IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Updated Materials for 2015

Supratik

Subscriber
hi

i am preparing for the November Part 2 exam but after reading this thread i am a little shocked . there are certain topics which are missing in terms of study notes and videos . Meissner chapter 1,2,3,4 etc. candidates who are preparing for the May attempt are pretty curious about the update for the respective material . considering the fact that we are already in may and there has been no update for the missing topics , do i expect the same situation to continue till November ? . I just love the way Bionic turtle explains a particular learning outcome , plus combining that with videos and question sets makes me even more confident . Hence i would hate to use any other material for those missing topics .

Thanks
Supratik Mukherjee

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @Supratik

Although it would be great to have all of the materials updated for the May exam, it is really impossible for us to provide QUALITY materials and update all 80+ readings with new materials before May. GARP changes the curriculum every year, which means that we need to update the materials every year. This takes a great deal of time, and we work very hard to make sure that we can get as many new materials published as possible. We continue to update the materials up until the November exam so you will see more new materials published to the study planner as we move through the exam period. We have updated a great deal of the materials, especially the new readings for 2015. You can view all of the materials that we have published in our Announcements section HERE for Part 1 and HERE for Part 2. We add to this list as we publish more materials. We are confident that our materials will help you to pass the FRM exam :)

Thank you,

Nicole

eszaknyugat

Subscriber
Hi Nicole/David,

Few days left until the exam and for T3. Chapter 26. Exotic Options is still missing from the study notes, if I am correct. This chapter moved from Part 2 to Part 1 that's why I do not understand why we cannot access to the 'old' study notes as it does not need to be updated. Based on feedback new topics will be highly tested.

Thank you,
Boglárka

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @eszaknyugat

I have added the study notes for Hull, Chapter 26 Exotic Options to the study planner. Please note that these notes have not been updated for 2015 so you should reference the GARP study guide to note any changes in the learning objectives.

Thank you,

Nicole