Important Please Read: Publishing Process for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
The 2017 GARP curriculum has been released!

We have received questions about when the 2017 materials will be available. We will begin to publish the new materials this month, and we will continue to publish materials throughout the exam period (January through November).

This means that the materials are updated on a continuous basis throughout the exam period and not immediately all at once. A great deal of the materials that are currently in the study planner are relevant to the 2017 exam, as GARP does not change the entire curriculum every year. This month, you will begin to see the new readings added to the study planner, as our team is working VERY hard to prepare the new and updated materials.

There are two ways for you to see when new materials are published:
  1. A "new" symbol will appear next to the new materials in the study planner
  2. We will keep a list of newly published materials in the forum for Part 1 and Part 2 <<- You probably want to bookmark these
It takes a great deal of time to prepare new materials to coincide with the GARP curriculum. We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this very busy time.

Thank you all for using Bionic Turtle, and we wish you luck in your studies!! :)

Please visit these links on our FAQ page to learn more about our publishing process, and why you may not see some materials published.
For reference, here is our spreadsheet that shows the changes that were made to the curriculum in 2017: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2016-2017-curriculum-change-analysis.10037/.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

adambschrier

Hi Nicole,
Where is the thread that I can follow the updates to the material? Also, I saw David mentioned he updated some Tuckman material but I don't see a "new" in my study planner. Is that because I had already marked it off as "completed"

Thanks

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,
Where is the thread that I can follow the updates to the material? Also, I saw David mentioned he updated some Tuckman material but I don't see a "new" in my study planner. Is that because I had already marked it off as "completed"

Thanks
Hello @adambschrier

I have not created that forum thread yet. I updated the Tuckman document in the study planner yesterday so depending on the time, it may not have been published yet when you checked. I will create the "update" forum threads today.

Thank you,

Nicole

MG250

Hi Nicole,

Where on the study notes/question sets can we find the date the notes were last updated?

Thanks,
Mike

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

Where on the study notes/question sets can we find the date the notes were last updated?

Thanks,
Mike
Hello @MG250
We do not put the dates on the materials, but we do keep a list of materials in the forum as they are updated. Every single set of notes and practice question sets may not be updated every year if they do not change in the curriculum (although we do try to improve them even if there are no changes). The lists of updated materials are here (also noted above my the original post):

Part 1: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2017-part-1-new-and-updated-published-materials.10049/
Part 2: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2017-part-2-new-and-updated-published-materials.10050/

Thank you,

Nicole

Hi Team,

I hope you're doing great. I have one question which has probably been raised a thousand times in the past, I'm working my way through the 'Study Planner' and you know, checking and marking as complete each section I fulfill.

Further to this, I also read on the description of the daily questions forum that Nicole kindly helps out reconciling and adding them to the study planner. Having said that, I have two questions:

1) How would I know there is new content in the study planner if I have already marked it as 'complete'?
2) Is there a way for me to filter the daily questions forum to let's say "P1.T1.7**" so I can get all the 2017 daily questions from part one and the topic I'm currently in need to practice?

Thank you very much for your time!
-Roberto

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Team,

I hope you're doing great. I have one question which has probably been raised a thousand times in the past, I'm working my way through the 'Study Planner' and you know, checking and marking as complete each section I fulfill.

Further to this, I also read on the description of the daily questions forum that Nicole kindly helps out reconciling and adding them to the study planner. Having said that, I have two questions:

1) How would I know there is new content in the study planner if I have already marked it as 'complete'?
2) Is there a way for me to filter the daily questions forum to let's say "P1.T1.7**" so I can get all the 2017 daily questions from part one and the topic I'm currently in need to practice?

Thank you very much for your time!
-Roberto
Hello @Roberto Hernández

Please note that I've moved your question thread to this existing thread, which explains our publishing process. :) Each year, David writes brand new practice questions to coincide with the current curriculum. As you noted above, once David has written a complete set of questions in the forum, they are published in the Study Planner as a question set under the relevant topic & reading. Sometimes it is a brand new questions set, but many times, we add the 2017 questions to the question set that was published in previous years because those previous practice questions are still very relevant. This gives our members a very large question bank to study from. All of our 2017 practice questions are labeled as you wrote above (700, 701, 702, etc.).

Any time I publish something in the study planner, whether it is brand new or updated, I add it to these threads in the forum. This lists the date that the document was last updated and published.
I hope this helps!

Nicole

Hello @Roberto Hernández

Please note that I've moved your question thread to this existing thread, which explains our publishing process. :) Each year, David writes brand new practice questions to coincide with the current curriculum. As you noted above, once David has written a complete set of questions in the forum, they are published in the Study Planner as a question set under the relevant topic & reading. Sometimes it is a brand new questions set, but many times, we add the 2017 questions to the question set that was published in previous years because those previous practice questions are still very relevant. This gives our members a very large question bank to study from. All of our 2017 practice questions are labeled as you wrote above (700, 701, 702, etc.).

Any time I publish something in the study planner, whether it is brand new or updated, I add it to these threads in the forum. This lists the date that the document was last updated and published.
I hope this helps!

Nicole

Hi @Nicole Seaman, indeed really helpful, thanks a lot. I started following the above thread of published materials. I just have one outstanding question, as I mentioned in my previous post, is there a way to filter the daily question forum based on the title of the posts? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks!
-Roberto

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @Roberto Hernández,

As noted above, all of the 2017 practice questions are titled with 7**. There is no way to filter them in the study planner. All of our materials in the study planner are in PDF format. If there is a new reading in the 2017 curriculum, all of the practice questions in that pdf will be from 2017. However, if the reading was carried over from previous years, the 2017 questions will be added into the previous pdf to give our customers a larger question bank to study from. If you want to quickly find the 2017 practice questions, you can view them in the Daily Practice Questions thread in the forum.

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello,

Please note that I've moved your question here to our thread that discusses our publishing process. You will see that many of our study notes have already been updated in the study planner, and we will continue to update them throughout the exam period. Any readings that were removed from the GARP curriculum have been removed from our study planner, so if they are in the study planner, they are still relevant to this year's exam.

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
@Nicole Seaman the 2 videos on Credit Risk - Gregory have only a few slides that are relevant to 2017. Would these be updated ? Thanks.

@Rohit

Yes, we plan on updating our entire video library in 2017. We are currently finishing up new and updated study notes, and continuing to prepare new practice questions. We will begin working on the updated videos soon.

Thank you,

Nicole

jcarlile132

Hello,

I purchased the program last year in anticipation of testing November 16, but ended up rolling my exam to May 17. As I'm going through materials, I'm noticing much is different based on the notes/readings/question sets.

Does this reflect the change in curriculum from the Nov. 16 to May 17 exam?

Thank you

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello,

I purchased the program last year in anticipation of testing November 16, but ended up rolling my exam to May 17. As I'm going through materials, I'm noticing much is different based on the notes/readings/question sets.

Does this reflect the change in curriculum from the Nov. 16 to May 17 exam?

Thank you
Hello @jcarlile132

Please note that I've moved your question to this thread, which explains our publishing process. Each year we update the materials to coincide with the new curriculum. In the original post of this thread, you will also find update links that I've provided. These list all of the new and updated materials that we have published, along with the date that it was published so you know that you are studying from the most recent documents.

Thank you,

Nicole

Biju

Hi,
Looking through the FRM Part-2 materials .

Under Operation Risk Management materials , the below topics doesnt seem available
Other Post-Crisis Changes [OR–23]
Fundamental Review of the Trading Book [OR–24]

Can you please confirm

Thanks
Biju

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,
Looking through the FRM Part-2 materials .

Under Operation Risk Management materials , the below topics doesnt seem available
Other Post-Crisis Changes [OR–23]
Fundamental Review of the Trading Book [OR–24]

Can you please confirm

Thanks
Biju
Hello,

Thank you for using Bionic Turtle! The study notes under Hull, Chapters 15, 16 & 17 covers Other-Post Crisis Changes in Chapter 16. The Fundamental Review of the Trading Book for Chapter 17 has not yet been updated in the study planner. Please review our publishing announcement (I've moved your question to this thread), which states that if certain study materials are not published in the study planner yet, it means that we are preparing them, and will get them published as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Nicole

Status
Not open for further replies.