Important Please Read: Publishing Process for 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman .. The planner says the stulz reading is coming soon... by when can we expect it to be available?
Hello @FrmL2_Aspirant,

Please note that I've moved your question to the thread that discusses updated materials. Please see the original post that explains our publishing process. We do not provide dates for when specific materials will be published, as we cannot guarantee that materials will be published on a certain date. We are working very hard to update the materials in the study planner, and will continue to do so until the exam dates. Thank you for your patience and understanding :)

Nicole

Hello @FrmL2_Aspirant,

Please note that I've moved your question to the thread that discusses updated materials. Please see the original post that explains our publishing process. We do not provide dates for when specific materials will be published, as we cannot guarantee that materials will be published on a certain date. We are working very hard to update the materials in the study planner, and will continue to do so until the exam dates. Thank you for your patience and understanding :)

Nicole
Ok Nicole, I see your point.. but then is it possible to share Stulz original reading in the resources section, so I can atleast refer to it while BT material is not ready.

rnavarro

Hi David, with barely 6 weeks before the FRM Part I, there are some topics without the video presentation (Many of them are on the Foundations of Risk Management part). Is there a timeline when can we have those? Thanks!

Hi Team,

Happy start of the week. I was wondering, it seems two chapters on P1.T4 does not have any question sets on the study planner. Is this expected? I believe (haven't gotten there yet) but these are just conceptual chapters.

If this is expected can we imply these are not highly tested and thus the reason of the lack of practice questions?

I'm asking because in comparison to Hasan's in T4 and Hull's in T3 (a few weeks ago) I do not see any 'Comming Soon' mark.

Topics without question sets in the study planner:
  • Hull, Risk Management and Financial Institutions, Chapter 23
  • de Servigny, Measuring and Managing Credit Risk, Chapter 2
Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you Team.
-Roberto

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi David, with barely 6 weeks before the FRM Part I, there are some topics without the video presentation (Many of them are on the Foundations of Risk Management part). Is there a timeline when can we have those? Thanks!
Hello @rnavarro

Please note that I moved your post to this thread, which will answer your question. If you go back to the original post that I made in this thread, we explain why some of the readings may not have specific materials published before the exam.

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Team,

Happy start of the week. I was wondering, it seems two chapters on P1.T4 does not have any question sets on the study planner. Is this expected? I believe (haven't gotten there yet) but these are just conceptual chapters.

If this is expected can we imply these are not highly tested and thus the reason of the lack of practice questions?

I'm asking because in comparison to Hasan's in T4 and Hull's in T3 (a few weeks ago) I do not see any 'Comming Soon' mark.

Topics without question sets in the study planner:
  • Hull, Risk Management and Financial Institutions, Chapter 23
  • de Servigny, Measuring and Managing Credit Risk, Chapter 2
Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you Team.
-Roberto
@Roberto Hernández

I've moved your post here to this thread to keep all discussion related to updated materials in one place ;) There may be areas in the study planner where I have not placed a "coming soon" placeholder. I try to keep the study planner headings updated as much as possible, but there are some areas that I may have missed while trying to update the actual materials. I have to manually go in and create a heading with the placeholder"coming soon". This does not mean that those reading are less important. David tries to write practice questions for each and every reading, however, we cannot guarantee that we will have practice question sets for every single reading (especially before the May exam). I hope this helps!

Nicole

Hello

I find starting my revision of any topic with BT instructional videos very helpful. It makes my reading of the chapters so much easier. However, I noticed there are not many videos for operational risk topic. I haven't started studying this topic yet, but from a quick skim of all the topic, I find this topic to be the most overwhelming.

I am wondering if there are any new videos coming soon for operational risk. Otherwise, maybe someone can help me understand why BT has less of videos for this topic? Will more instructional videos in operational risk not be as value addition as they are for other topics?

Regards

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello

I find starting my revision of any topic with BT instructional videos very helpful. It makes my reading of the chapters so much easier. However, I noticed there are not many videos for operational risk topic. I haven't started studying this topic yet, but from a quick skim of all the topic, I find this topic to be the most overwhelming.

I am wondering if there are any new videos coming soon for operational risk. Otherwise, maybe someone can help me understand why BT has less of videos for this topic? Will more instructional videos in operational risk not be as value addition as they are for other topics?

Regards
Hello @zahra.saied

I moved your post to this thread, which explains our publishing process. We are currently in the process of updating our entire video library, which includes the operational risk topic. We publish new and updated materials throughout the exam period and not all at once, so there will be some areas that have gaps.

Thank you,

Nicole

Yes, of course. And like everyone else, we highly appreciate your efforts to make us crack the exam.

It would be useful though to know if there are any videos in the pipeline, so we can arrange our studies accordingly and make most of it.

Also, any plans to review the focus review videos? I see these were done in 2012, and not only a lot of topics have been changed/updated sunce then, but maybe during the 4-5 years you have also seen change in trend on what the exam focuses on more than others?

Thank you again

Regards

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @zahra.saied

We are hoping to get to the Focus Review videos, but we are working through the readings in the study planner first to get those videos updated. Right now, we are preparing the videos for John Hull in Topic 3, which has a good deal of chapters. We have 6 more videos just for that reading to complete. We have the following readings in our list for videos, but these are NOT in any specific order.
  • P2.T6.Gregory, Chapters 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12 & 15
  • P1.T3: Hull, Risk Management Chapters 2, 3 & 4
  • P2.T7.Crouhy, Chapters 15 & 17
  • P1.T4.Damodaran, Country Risk
  • P2.T6.Crouhy, Chapters 9 & 12
  • P2.T6.Choudhry, Chapter 12
  • P2.T8.Ang, Chapters 6, 7, 10 & 13
  • P2.T6.Malz, Chapters 7, 8 & 9
  • P2.T5: Tuckman, Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10
  • P2.T6.Stulz, Chapter 18
Keep in mind that there is a VERY long list of videos that need to be prepared (there are 52 videos in our list in addition to the list above!) so there will most likely be some Operational Risk videos prepared before the videos that I've listed above. The list above is only a draft list of videos that we will be working on. Because we do not want this post to act as a guarantee that any specific video will be completed before the exam, I need to stress that this list is NOT definite. Please be assured that we are working very hard on updating our entire video library and we will get as many videos completed before the exam.

Thank you,

Nicole

dbansal

Hi Nicole, for Part 2 are the videos that are currently in the library fine for us to use to pass the exam? Do the current videos cover what is needed to pass the exam?

Hello @zahra.saied

We are hoping to get to the Focus Review videos, but we are working through the readings in the study planner first to get those videos updated. Right now, we are preparing the videos for John Hull in Topic 3, which has a good deal of chapters. We have 6 more videos just for that reading to complete. We have the following readings in our list for videos, but these are NOT in any specific order.
  • P2.T6.Gregory, Chapters 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12 & 15
  • P1.T3: Hull, Risk Management Chapters 2, 3 & 4
  • P2.T7.Crouhy, Chapters 15 & 17
  • P1.T4.Damodaran, Country Risk
  • P2.T6.Crouhy, Chapters 9 & 12
  • P2.T6.Choudhry, Chapter 12
  • P2.T8.Ang, Chapters 6, 7, 10 & 13
  • P2.T6.Malz, Chapters 7, 8 & 9
  • P2.T5: Tuckman, Chapters 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10
  • P2.T6.Stulz, Chapter 18
Keep in mind that there is a VERY long list of videos that need to be prepared (there are 52 videos in our list in addition to the list above!) so there will most likely be some Operational Risk videos prepared before the videos that I've listed above. The list above is only a draft list of videos that we will be working on. Because we do not want this post to act as a guarantee that any specific video will be completed before the exam, I need to stress that this list is NOT definite. Please be assured that we are working very hard on updating our entire video library and we will get as many videos completed before the exam.

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole, for Part 2 are the videos that are currently in the library fine for us to use to pass the exam? Do the current videos cover what is needed to pass the exam?
Hello @dbansal

Since the videos have not been updated yet (we are currently working on updating as stated above), there will be some concepts that will not be covered in the current videos yet, as there have been learning objectives added and removed over the years. If you take a look at our curriculum analysis spreadsheet, you can see what has been changed in the curriculum. The current videos will help you with your studies, but you should not rely on those videos to cover all of the current learning objectives until the videos have been updated.

Thank you,

Nicole

dbansal

Hello @dbansal

Since the videos have not been updated yet (we are currently working on updating as stated above), there will be some concepts that will not be covered in the current videos yet, as there have been learning objectives added and removed over the years. If you take a look at our curriculum analysis spreadsheet, you can see what has been changed in the curriculum. The current videos will help you with your studies, but you should not rely on those videos to cover all of the current learning objectives until the videos have been updated.

Thank you,

Nicole

Hi Nicole, so candidates that took the part 2 exam in May used the current videos / study notes and passed, correct? Does the exam change between May and November? What you are telling us is worrying as we only have 3 months to the exam and you are telling us now not to rely on the videos?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole, so candidates that took the part 2 exam in May used the current videos / study notes and passed, correct? Does the exam change between May and November? What you are telling us is worrying as we only have 3 months to the exam and you are telling us now not to rely on the videos?
@dbansal

The curriculum does not change between May and November. No, I did not say that you cannot use the videos to study for the November exam. I said that those videos may not cover ALL of the learning objectives in the 2017 curriculum. And the best way to see what has changed in the curriculum (so you know which learning objectives are not covered in the videos) is by looking at our curriculum analysis spreadsheet.

Karim_B

Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.