I dont know how to start! Help!

emmyemmy

Hey all,

I'm a senior auditor at E&Y, I did my bachelor in Finance and Accounting, i'm also ACCA qualified. and now I wanna get into finance, so I picked FRM to be my next qualification. "I'm not patient enough to do CFA, only 1 paper a year" lol

anyways, problem is i dunno how to start, what materials to purchase and what notes and readings to go through.. I do have enough work experience, and i'm very much familiar with risk management.. so can I please get proper suggestions on the best materials and books to use?

Thanks in advance.. :D

Ifunanya

Not sure if this is the best place to post a question, but let me introduce myself. I am an engineering graduate, being working as a Data Analyst for 8/9 years. As I have an analytical background and do a lot of data analysis at work I also keep on getting headhunted from employment agencies about my skills I'm considering moving into Risk. I have being advised that FRM is the best place to start to move into risk within the Finance and banking.

As I'm new to Finance am planning on taking the part 1 exam in May 2017, I have not bought any material but have being researching on the best material to get and I seem to be leaning towards BT.

Any advise on where to start will be appreciative.