How long do we have to wait for employment verification?

pojo

The GARP site says something about when we can expect our certificate to be posted, i.e.

If you submit your experience between December 22, 2012 - March 31, 2013
You can expect the certificate to be posted by......April 15, 2013.

However, for me the certificate is just a nice to have really, what is more important is when they will confirm my experience so I can start using the FRM designation.

I am in the process of changing jobs, I want to use the designation to hopefully improve the marketability of my resume - that is of course why I took the exam.

I'm hoping I don't have to wait until April 15 - that will mean I will have waited 5 months from taking the exam to actually being able to use the result.

Anyone have any info?

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
pojo - Per the linked thread (thanks sleepybird), with respect to employment verification per se (as opposed to the FRM certificate), my understanding is that you should not expect to wait more than one month from the time you submit your CV/resume. If you do for some reason end up waiting significantly longer (for example, after eight weeks*), as you can see by the thread, we (me or Suzanne) are happy to ping our GARP contact on your behalf, thanks,

* Appended on 2/5: if we query our contacts immediately at four weeks, we run the risk of bombarding them needlessly since often they are just a bit backlogged

pojo

pojo - Per the linked thread (thanks sleepybird), with respect to employment verification per se (as opposed to the FRM certificate), my understanding is that you should not expect to wait more than one month from the time you submit your CV/resume. If you do for some reason end up waiting longer, as you can see by the thread, we (me or Suzanne) are happy to ping our GARP contact on your behalf, thanks,

Thanks for getting back, that's good to know....

As someone mentioned on the other thread though - I looked at my online profile - the status field (set by GARP) show's me to be an FRM holder. I guess I have to wait until I receive the email from GARP before I can use it though.

alkour

In this post there was the quote from GARP site.

"What is the difference between an FRM Holder and a Certified FRM Holder?

A: An FRM Holder has passed the FRM Exam requirement but has not yet met the professional work experience requirement. A Certified FRM Holder has taken and passed the FRM Exam, has met the two year work experience requirement and has been certified by GARP. "

I searched at GARP site but falied to find this statement.
Could you help to find this quote or confirm wether it is correct ot not.
I am in carrier change status and would like to have some reference if I passes FRM part2 exam untill I get deisigntion.

trabala38

Hi Alkour,

This sentence is right. As it is used by GARP on your Member Profile page, you can use "FRM Holder" until you get the official "Certified FRM title".

When did you submit your CV/resume?

I did upload mine 1 week ago (Sunday 13 January 2013) and I haven't received yet the email. What about you ?

Also, if other people could tell me how much time it took for them for the November 2012 exam (published early Jan).

Thank you.

Regards,

trabala38

trabala38

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know if people having cleared Level 2 in Nov-12 and having submitted their CV/resume since January, have already got their official "FRM certified" title?

As explained in the message above, I have sent my experience to GARP 2 weeks ago, but I haven't got feedback yet.

Thank you everyone!

ArbitUP

I sent mine in the same day of results (Jan 2nd) and haven't heard anything back. Mine should be pretty easily verified as well (CFA Charterholder, Fund research, FOF PM type work). I'm not going to sweat it until it gets beyond the one month and then I'll bring it up here.

pojo

Hi I just thought I would let people know. I submitted my resume on Jan 3rd - I received notification that I could use the certified FRM designation today........

trabala38

Hi pojo!

Congratulations! So, for you it took 4 weeks to get the "certified". I have submitted mine 2.5 weeks ago, 1.5 weeks to go if GARP respect the 4 weeks limit! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Cheers,

trabala38

ArbitUP

I was verified today as well, submitted Jan 2.

However I feel GARP tried to trick me a bit. My membership automatically renewed at $200 at few hours prior to them accepting my experience, which would reduce the cost to $150. I emailed them to see if they'd reimburse me...

NewComer

Hi matthanuf06,

I'm lost a bit. What membership are you talking about?
As far as I know getting FRM= being certified FRM has nothing to do with GARP membership.
People, correct me if it is not so...
Best

NewComer

Hi I just thought I would let people know. I submitted my resume on Jan 3rd - I received notification that I could use the certified FRM designation today........
Hi pojo,

And what about your membership for the time being?

Best

ArbitUP

It doesn't. I just initially registered for Part 1 Jan 31st last year so today was my automatic renewal date that I forgot about.

NewComer

It doesn't. I just initially registered for Part 1 Jan 31st last year so today was my automatic renewal date that I forgot about.

So, if I get the point correctly:
- Getting verification --> being certified FRM has nothing to do with GARM membership;
- You, for your own reasons, wanna be GARP member and just talking about misunderstanding concerning membership dues which hs notning to do with Getting verification --> being certified FRM

Is it right?

Best

ArbitUP

Well It was renewed automatically for when I had to sign up. I may or may not have renewed of my own doing. It has nothing to do with being certified, although it is cheaper if you are certified