Employment verification question

hugo

Hi surekinkinwin, have you received the verification email? I submitted my CV on 18 July. So far have not received any feedback.

Mish

I submitted on July 10 and haven't heard back anything. I called GARP last week and was told they haven't reviewed it, but it should come as soon as Sept 22, since they need to finalize the application and mail out the certification. GARP is taking REALLY LONG time to work on our work experience.

Suzanne Evans

Those of you whom have not heard back after 8 weeks, please email me ([email protected]) and I will see if I can communicate with my contact at GARP to check the status. I will need:
  • Name
  • GARP ID
  • Date your submitted
Thanks!

Mish, surekinkinwin - Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

You know, I already have received my confirm from GARP several weeks ago, but I've been following this post...

The high correlation on the timing between people asking Suzanne about their status and then reporting that they have received confirms cannot be overlooked. I would submit to prospective candidates browsing these threads on BT...keep this in mind -- you are receiving a true network of help by becoming involved with BT for your study program, and you are not just a passive receiver of 3rd-party prep materials when you go with BT. Really just remain truly impressed with my BT experience and keep recommending it to people asking me about the FRM program.

Good luck to everyone!

Mish

Has anyone actually received the certification by mail? I got certified 2 weeks before their Sept 30 mailing window and my mailing address is within the US. So far I've got nothing. I wonder how long it usually takes?

Pflik

I'm getting ready for part 2 now, but I'm already wondering a bit about this cv check. I got into finance from a very different angle than most people. I majored in both computer science and psychology, however have been working in most of the major areas of finance (on the software side in various roles). Hence, my background entails performance attribution, ALM, private wealth management, transfer agent operations, brokerage solutions, (credit risk) capital requirements calculation and regulatory reporting.

Hence I've seen my fair share of risk management material... However, I'm wondering if that would be enough for me to get certified (i.e. pass the essay) since it's been on the implementation side and not always risk related (although more than 2 years is risk related area)

Granted, I do feel i have a confident grasp of the material through my experience, I've just not been a credit analyst, risk manager or anything like that. I think it shouldn't be to difficult. (ex)-colleagues of mine also attained the designation. Anyone care to comment?

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @Pflik Interesting background! I personally have zero concerns about your cv check: much of your cited experience is relevant; e.g., the credit risk capital requirements calculations and regulatory reporting alone would be enough. We can ask, on your behalf (by simply linking) if you really want the comfort? ... but candidly I prefer to save our queries for genuine grey areas (or needed help). I just don't see much doubt, in your case, thanks,

p.s. you don't mean "essay" right? there is no essay in addition to the exam. There are just two requirements: the exam and the work experience.

Pflik

Hi @Pflik Interesting background! I personally have zero concerns about your cv check: much of your cited experience is relevant; e.g., the credit risk capital requirements calculations and regulatory reporting alone would be enough. We can ask, on your behalf (by simply linking) if you really want the comfort? ... but candidly I prefer to save our queries for genuine grey areas (or needed help). I just don't see much doubt, in your case, thanks,

p.s. you don't mean "essay" right? there is no essay in addition to the exam. There are just two requirements: the exam and the work experience.

you are correct, I wrote 'essay' because the first post referred to "a essay-like paragraphs"

Thanks for the vote of confidence... i'll just focus on the FRM part II for now... I'll have to pass that bridge later anyway.

as for the background. It's all Been One streak of interesting coincidences. Nothing really planned. But It had given me such a understanding of all the things in Finance and How they are related.. I often take that for granted

Last edited:

sandeep_j

Hi,

I've completed part I and preparing for part II. I'm a bit concerned about demonstrating experience.

My company is a OTC broker in all sorts of derivatives product however I work on IT systems in the back office. My experience comprises of brokerage calculation, regulatory reporting, electronic confirmation. The biggest risk we face in back office is regulatory risk which probably can be classified as operational risk. Do you think they'll approve such experience?

Also, importantly, if they decline the experience can I submit another note after may be 3 years if I manage to secure more relevant experience after completion of FRM course work?

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Patience is key in waiting for your profile update. Your eagerness to move forward with new business cards shows your dedication. Hopefully, the update arrives soon for you!
@Aarav This thread is from 2013, so it is quite old. There are newer discussions in the forum for those who want to discuss work experience :) Here is an example of a newer thread, but you can find others by using the search function: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/questions-about-work-experience.7207/.