Course Difficulty in following up with video lectures

AHabi2187

Hi

I am a banking employee working in risk department, wholesale corporate bank with 3 years of experience, my background in studies is banking and finance.

I have just recently a month a ago bought BT study pack with video lectures. i am planning to do the exam in May 2023, however might extend it to Nov 2023.

i am trying to commit to one hour study every working day, and 3 to 5 hours weekends.

i am reading the book material from GARP and Bionic Turtle, however when it comes to video lectures book 2, i am facing difficulty understanding or following up. the lecture instructor seems to speak in a manner like all students know what they are talking about.

is this common? or i basically lack the knowledge that causes me to have this difficulty.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi

I am a banking employee working in risk department, wholesale corporate bank with 3 years of experience, my background in studies is banking and finance.

I have just recently a month a ago bought BT study pack with video lectures. i am planning to do the exam in May 2023, however might extend it to Nov 2023.

i am trying to commit to one hour study every working day, and 3 to 5 hours weekends.

i am reading the book material from GARP and Bionic Turtle, however when it comes to video lectures book 2, i am facing difficulty understanding or following up. the lecture instructor seems to speak in a manner like all students know what they are talking about.

is this common? or i basically lack the knowledge that causes me to have this difficulty.
Hello @AHabi2187

Can you please be specific about the video (Part, topic, chapter) that you are referring to? We have different instructors that cover the videos, so it would be helpful to know which instructor you feel is covering the material in a way that suggests that you already know the content. Thanks!