2021 Exam Updates from GARP (for 2021 postponed exam updates only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,
I registered for May 2020 and got the exam deferred thrice by GARP to May 2021. Test center India. I was trying to further defer the exam to Dec 2021 but keep on getting an error. Does somebody knows what this is about? There is no response from GARP since last 1 week.
View attachment 3183
Will it be more than 4 years since you passed Part 1 (in December)? Looking at the error, it sounds like December could be more than 4 years (candidates must take and pass Part II within four years of passing Part I.) I would continue trying to contact GARP both by phone and email to get a definite answer.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
hi,

are there any charges to defer the FRM 2 May 2021 exam to December 2021?
Hello @riddhikajain

Yes, GARP does charge a fee to defer your exam. Here is the information that is posted on their website:

How do I defer?​

CBT
To defer an Exam to the next available exam month, log in to your account, go to “My Programs”, and click on the Exam Setup button. Candidates must have a paid registration in order to switch exam months and may only do so once for a fee of USD 200. The last day to switch your exam month is March 31 for the May/July Exams, and September 30 for the November/December Exams.

Paper and Pencil
To defer an Exam to the next available exam month, log into your account, go to “My Programs” and click on the exam setup button. Candidates must have a paid registration in order to defer and may only do so once for a fee of USD 200. The last day to switch your exam month is March 31 for May’s Exam.

Jaskarn

@Nicole Seaman , As May onwards part 1 FRM is CBT. If I want to take flavor of full test on computer based environment. Is it possible?
My intention is to get comfortable with the interface. (P.S - not sure if I posted the question to correct forum)

mbbx5va2

I am due to sit London 8th May 21 FRM 1. I have had my exam postponed 2 times. Lockdown easing begins on 12th April would be incredibly frustrating if the exam does not take place again. Although most people have had vaccine now and the candidates are split at different locations for the CBT.

I wonder if GARP can defer a month later if they cancel theCBT exam or they push it back 6 months in which case disaster.

eno31

Will it be more than 4 years since you passed Part 1 (in December)? Looking at the error, it sounds like December could be more than 4 years (candidates must take and pass Part II within four years of passing Part I.) I would continue trying to contact GARP both by phone and email to get a definite answer.

Hi Nicole,

I am scheduled to take the Part II in May 2021 exam in Toronto. Extremely confused at the moment as the link https://www.garp.org/#!/post/exam-postponement you posted mentions

"Alert: May 2020 FRM®/ERP® Exams Moved to October 24"

while the option to defer the exam on the website states December 4th to 10th. My four year window to write the exam ends November 2021. Should I defer the exam to December 2021 or wait to hear of a confirmation to cancel the exam from GARP?
Please advice. Thanks!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

I am scheduled to take the Part II in May 2021 exam in Toronto. Extremely confused at the moment as the link https://www.garp.org/#!/post/exam-postponement you posted mentions

"Alert: May 2020 FRM®/ERP® Exams Moved to October 24"

while the option to defer the exam on the website states December 4th to 10th. My four year window to write the exam ends November 2021. Should I defer the exam to December 2021 or wait to hear of a confirmation to cancel the exam from GARP?
Please advice. Thanks!
Hello @eno31

The May 2020 exams were postponed to October 2020, but the May 2021 exams have not been postponed as far as I know. So, in order to defer your exam, GARP's deferment policy would apply. If any exams are postponed in 2021, GARP would post it here: https://www.garp.org/#!/important-notices.

PaulTomlin

Hi,

I'm in the UK and sitting Part 2.

My GARP dashboard still says May 15th @ 14.00 London Excel Centre. I'm pretty sure this is not actually allowed until at least May 17th under the current Covid-19 Regs in England and may be later than that.

Like a lot of people, I've prepped twice already for this exam and (sadly, even using BT resources) will take about 40 hours to get ready for the exam again. I really don't want to prep for 15th May and once more for the eventual exam date if it's avoidable.

Just wondering if anyone in his forum has had any advice from GARP as to whether they consider 15th May London to be realistic?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Brett

Hi

I am a candidate for May 2021 FRM part 1 in Singapore. I received a cancellation email two days ago that test center is not open at the date. I sent a mail couple of times to GARP for reschedule the exam to July since all other May dates are not visible or available options to me

I also called PSI system, but they advised me to contact GARP membership service through email. As usual, GARP membership service did not respond for my email, and I found exam window is closed now, so I can't take a exam on May and July.

Can anyone advise how this can be addressed? Thanks

LucreziaB

Hi,

I'm in the UK and sitting Part 2.

My GARP dashboard still says May 15th @ 14.00 London Excel Centre. I'm pretty sure this is not actually allowed until at least May 17th under the current Covid-19 Regs in England and may be later than that.

Like a lot of people, I've prepped twice already for this exam and (sadly, even using BT resources) will take about 40 hours to get ready for the exam again. I really don't want to prep for 15th May and once more for the eventual exam date if it's avoidable.

Just wondering if anyone in his forum has had any advice from GARP as to whether they consider 15th May London to be realistic?

Thanks in advance,

Paul
From everyone's experience here back in the fall, GARP is not very forthcoming about these delays. It seems like they wait until it is absolutely certain local government restrictions prohibit them from giving the exam (which, as you allude to, ultimately benefits candidates insofar as it is frustrating to have an exam further postponed in anticipation of government restrictions that never actually materialize).

Where they really fell short and angered candidates last time IMO was when local governments were adding restrictions ~2-3 weeks before the exam yet GARP wouldn't announce the reschedule until they had a new date/site. They even updated candidate dates in the web portal but denied they had rescheduled when confused candidates called to ask what was going on.

Not familiar with London regs but in some places where there was a tight but manageable capacity limit they just split people into multiple rooms or rented space in multiple hotels. Or moved the site somewhere where local restrictions were less onerous. They were also terrible at communicating the new sites BTW, lol...

Makkvar

Any idea about May 21 exam in India. As Covid situation is getting worse here and lockdowns are coming for at least 1-2 months or so.

But my exam is showing as per schedule . :-(

yashp05

FRM exam deferral date has already passed. Will GARP allow deferral option again by paying deferral fees considering rising cases in india?

shivanin

Also.. Because of COVID people have lost more than a year in their window to appear for FRM2 which are actually 3 chances to appear for the exam. Can we get an extension on this window ? Also what happens if the exam doesn't happen this year? I am sure there are many people like me who has 2021 as last year for their window to appear for Part 2.

Is GARP going to give extension for this window?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Any idea about May 21 exam in India. As Covid situation is getting worse here and lockdowns are coming for at least 1-2 months or so.

But my exam is showing as per schedule . :-(
@Makkvar

GARP has not announced a postponement of the May exams in India as of today. They are posting all announcements here on their website: https://www.garp.org/#!/important-notices/frm. I am also posting the announcements here in the forum when I see them to make sure candidates are aware of postponements or changes.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: APR 12, 2021
NEW DUBLIN LOCATION FOR MAY FRM PART II EXAM

Due to capacity restrictions related to COVID-19, GARP had to procure a new Dublin location for our Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exam Part II on May 15, 2021.

The new address is:
Hilton Dublin Airport
Northern Cross
Malahide Road
Dublin
D17 Y924

The old address (Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport) has already been removed from candidates’ portals and is roughly a 9-minute drive from the new address. We strongly recommend that candidates visit the venue a few days prior to the Exam and allow enough traveling time to factor in unexpected delays on the day of the Exam.

UPDATE: MAR 12, 2021
PERU MAY/JULY EXAMS POSTPONED

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its May/July 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams in Peru.

FRM Part I Exams scheduled for May and July 2021 will now be offered in November 2021 over the course of multiple dates. The FRM Part II Exam scheduled for May 15, 2021 will be offered in December 2021 over the course of multiple dates. All candidates can select their preferred date for both Exams within those exam windows by logging into the portal. Both Exams will be administered via computer-based testing.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
FRM exam deferral date has already passed. Will GARP allow deferral option again by paying deferral fees considering rising cases in india?
Also.. Because of COVID people have lost more than a year in their window to appear for FRM2 which are actually 3 chances to appear for the exam. Can we get an extension on this window ? Also what happens if the exam doesn't happen this year? I am sure there are many people like me who has 2021 as last year for their window to appear for Part 2.

Is GARP going to give extension for this window?
@yashp05 and @shivanin Please make sure to contact GARP directly with these questions, so you receive an accurate answer. Individual circumstances may result in different answers to these questions, and I want to make sure that all of our members are receiving the correct information regarding their exam schedules.

russellgalang

Have you guys any update on a possible cancellation for the exam in the Philippines for May 2021? There are a lot of restrictions in my country and public transport is still prohibited (even interisland and some province borders are closed) under our current government guidelines.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Have you guys any update on a possible cancellation for the exam in the Philippines for May 2021? There are a lot of restrictions in my country and public transport is still prohibited (even interisland and some province borders are closed) under our current government guidelines.
@russellgalang

Unfortunately, we do not get any inside information from GARP. I have to monitor the Important Notices page on their website daily to find out if there are any cancellations or postponements. I would recommend contacting GARP directly to see if they might have any other information regarding exams in the Phillipines. Their contact page is here: https://www.garp.org/#!/about/contact-us.

bvoleg

Hello @eno31

The May 2020 exams were postponed to October 2020, but the May 2021 exams have not been postponed as far as I know. So, in order to defer your exam, GARP's deferment policy would apply. If any exams are postponed in 2021, GARP would post it here: https://www.garp.org/#!/important-notices.
Seems exam is not going to happen in Toronto and this time considering current restrictions. Not sure what GARP is waiting for

Status
Not open for further replies.