2021 Exam Updates from GARP (for 2021 postponed exam updates only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eno31

Seems exam is not going to happen in Toronto and this time considering current restrictions. Not sure what GARP is waiting for
I think the exam will go through as GARP would have notified us by now. For sure they are aware of the situation. The cases are worse than last time and within a week we have been placed in an extended lockdown.

bvoleg

I think the exam will go through as GARP would have notified us by now. For sure they are aware of the situation. The cases are worse than last time and within a week we have been placed in an extended lockdown.
Actually lockdown (stay-at-home order) already has been extended yesterday till at least May 20. My exam date is May 8. So I'm pretty sure that exam won't take place..

eno31

Actually lockdown (stay-at-home order) already has been extended yesterday till at least May 20. My exam date is May 8. So I'm pretty sure that exam won't take place..
Yes it was extended yesterday and we still have not been notified.

sandrasp

I'm also writing in Toronto. FRM Level 2. I hope GARP let's us know soon. I can't take this anymore, I have a toddler and I feel I have been depriving her of quality time. I'm always thinking of this exam, covid lockdowns. At this point I'm not sure how much my brain is retaining FRM Level 2 material. I started studying for Nov 2020 exam back in May 2020, took breaks on and off. I got confirmed by GARP I have until end of calendar year, so by Dec 2022 to pass Level 2.
I hope if May 2021 gets postponed again, that we will be able to write in Dec of this year, for all the level 2s and finally put an end to this! My little rant since I can't tell GARP how I actually feel lol

eno31

I'm also writing in Toronto. FRM Level 2. I hope GARP let's us know soon. I can't take this anymore, I have a toddler and I feel I have been depriving her of quality time. I'm always thinking of this exam, covid lockdowns. At this point I'm not sure how much my brain is retaining FRM Level 2 material. I started studying for Nov 2020 exam back in May 2020, took breaks on and off. I got confirmed by GARP I have until end of calendar year, so by Dec 2022 to pass Level 2.
I hope if May 2021 gets postponed again, that we will be able to write in Dec of this year, for all the level 2s and finally put an end to this! My little rant since I can't tell GARP how I actually feel lol
Totally understandable , you are not alone. We are all feeling the same. This honestly feels awful.

Sjegathe

Hey Gus relax, anyone doing CBT? It seems like the exam center is open. At least that's what they told me when I called. Call your center, you will get a good idea. I am not sure about FRM2, because its paper based and the number might be too high! Can people share your test center locations, mine is Network Expert Inc.

Sjegathe

This is bit tricky. It comes down to capacity issues, if there are 3-4 exam centers and with different time slots then it is possible for the exam to take place. i have a strong feeling that this capacity issue might have been considered when opting for the CBT. I would be surprised if Garp postpones, but seems stay at home order doesn't apply to educational institutions hosting exams .

sandrasp

This is bit tricky. It comes down to capacity issues, if there are 3-4 exam centers and with different time slots then it is possible for the exam to take place. i have a strong feeling that this capacity issue might have been considered when opting for the CBT. I would be surprised if Garp postpones, but seems stay at home order doesn't apply to educational institutions hosting exams .
If CBT exams happen in Toronto in May It will be great, because by Nov and Dec Level 2 exam moves to CBT format . I dont mind CBT exams, have done both CBT and paper exams. I just hate the uncertainty of not knowing. Anyways back to studying! Good luck everyone!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
@eno31 GARP waited until the day before to announce the postponement of some of the exams for 2020. I don't know what their postponement process is, but we need to keep this in mind, as they do not seem to immediately postpone exams even if a lockdown has been put into place. It was very frustrating in 2020 :/ I will continue to update this page with any announcements that are made regarding postponements.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: APR 22, 2021
IMPORTANT SAFETY REQUIREMENT FOR MAY FRM PART II CANDIDATES IN HONG KONG

Due to local requirements regarding COVID-19, all candidates taking the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part II Exam in Hong Kong on May 15, 2021 must complete a Declaration Form.

Candidates must print the form, complete it in its entirety, bring it with them on exam day, and give it to their proctor during check-in. Anyone who does not complete the form will not be able to sit for the Exam.

UPDATE: APR 22, 2021
IMPORTANT SAFETY REQUIREMENT FOR MAY FRM PART II CANDIDATES IN LOS ANGELES

Due to local requirements regarding COVID-19 from the California Department of Public Health, all candidates taking the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part II Exam in Los Angeles on May 15, 2021 must present either:
  • A negative COVID-19 test result (within 24 hours for antigen test and 72 hours for PCR test)
  • A vaccination card showing that it has been at least two weeks since the second dose of a two-dose series (Moderna or Pfizer) or at least two weeks from the injection of the single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson)
Candidates who arrive on exam day without either of the two proofs above will not be able to sit for the Exam and will be required to pay the exam fee when they re-register.

bvoleg

@eno31 GARP waited until the day before to announce the postponement of some of the exams for 2020. I don't know what their postponement process is, but we need to keep this in mind, as they do not seem to immediately postpone exams even if a lockdown has been put into place. It was very frustrating in 2020 :/ I will continue to update this

Last edited:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: APR 23, 2021
MAY FRM/ERP EXAMS POSTPONED IN INDIA

Due to COVID-19 regulations in India, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Exams in the country. These include the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I/II and the Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exam Part II.

All candidates registered and scheduled for the May Exam will automatically be registered for the November/December Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to November/December. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

MAY FRM/ERP EXAMS POSTPONED IN KUWAIT

Due to COVID-19 regulations in Kuwait, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Exams in the country. These include the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I/II and the Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exam Part II.

All candidates registered and scheduled for the May Exam will automatically be registered for the November/December Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to November/December. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

MAY FRM/ERP EXAMS POSTPONED IN TORONTO

Due to COVID-19 regulations in Toronto and surrounding cities, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Exams in the region. These include the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I/II and the Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exam Part II.

dtammerz

Hey Gus relax, anyone doing CBT? It seems like the exam center is open. At least that's what they told me when I called. Call your center, you will get a good idea. I am not sure about FRM2, because its paper based and the number might be too high! Can people share your test center locations, mine is Network Expert Inc.
Yes, scheduled to finally take the CBT Part I exam in NYC. There seemed to be a lot of exam centers open when I booked, including one near me in my neighborhood. I wonder how it will be; I am guessing we are timed by the program.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Is there any update on FRM JULY 2021 Exam deferment in INDIA?
@vinsrinivas Please note that I moved your post out of the CFA portion of the forum to this thread, which discusses the exam postponements. So far, GARP has only announced the postponement of the May exam in India.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: APR 27, 2021
NEW LOCATION ANNOUNCED FOR MAY EXAMS IN NANJING, CHINA

While GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part II Exams in Nanjing, China will still be administered on May 15, 2021, the Exams will occur at a different venue.

The new address is:
Nanjing Medicine Specialized Secondary School
Teaching Building
No.58 Huxi Street
Jianye District, Nanjing, China, APACA

The old address (Nanjing Medicine Specialized Secondary School, No. 208 Daquanshui, Qilin Street) has been removed from candidates' portals. The new location is roughly a 10-15-minute drive from the old location. GARP is also actively monitoring China’s COVID-19 status and will continue to provide updates as the exam date approaches.

lijincn

Has anyone gotten their admission ticket yet? I am taking Part II on May 15th in NYC and I still don't see the admission ticket on my dashboard.

Edit: nvm, I got the ticket

Last edited:

tami_92

I just got my admission ticket for part II.

I noticed that my "candidate number" is 0000 and also the cell containing the exam time is left blank. In past exam tickets (aborted due to covid-19) those two fields where regularly filled.

Does anybody have similar issues on her/his ticket?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: APR 30, 2021
MAY FRM/ERP EXAMS POSTPONED IN THAILAND

Due to COVID-19 related regulations in Thailand, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part II Exam in that area.

All candidates registered and scheduled for the above listed May Exam will automatically be registered for the November/December Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to November/December. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

MAY FRM/ERP EXAMS POSTPONED IN RUSSIA

Due to COVID-19 regulations in Russia, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Exams in that area. These include the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I and the Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exam Part II.

All candidates registered and scheduled for the above listed May Exam will automatically be registered for the November/December Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to November/December. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

MAY FRM/ERP EXAMS POSTPONED IN CZECH REPUBLIC

Due to COVID-19 related regulations in Czech Republic, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part II Exam in that area.

UPDATE: APR 29, 2021
URGENT UPDATE ON FRM/ERP EXAMS IN NEW YORK CITY

Due to COVID-19 related regulations in New York City, the start times for some of our upcoming Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams there have changed.

While all Exams are still scheduled to occur on the original May 15, 2021 date, GARP advises all New York City candidates taking their FRM and ERP Exams to check their portal immediately to see whether their exam time has been impacted. Candidate admission tickets will reflect the new time.

In addition, due to requirements regarding COVID-19 from the New York Department of Public Health, all candidates must present either:
  • A negative COVID-19 test result (within 24 hours for antigen test and 72 hours for PCR test)
  • A vaccination card showing that it has been at least two weeks since the second dose of a two-dose series (Moderna or Pfizer) or at least two weeks from the injection of the single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson)
Candidates who arrive on exam day without either of the two proofs above will not be able to sit for the Exam and will be required to pay the exam fee when they re-register.

MAY FRM/ERP EXAMS POSTPONED IN VIENNA

Due to COVID-19 regulations in Austria, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Exams in Vienna. These include the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I and II and the Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exam Part II.

All candidates registered and scheduled for the May Exam will automatically be registered for the November/December Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum.

MAY FRM/ERP EXAMS POSTPONED IN TURKEY

Due to COVID-19 regulations in Turkey, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Exams in the country. These include the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I and II and the Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exam Part II.

All candidates registered and scheduled for the May Exam will automatically be registered for the November/December Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Status
Not open for further replies.