FAQ After Exam Work Experience Verifying Time

Maged

Based on members feedback, it's starting from 15 days after submission

Thought I would share this datapoint. My work experience was just approved:

Date of submission: 6 28 2016 (around 3 PM ET)
Date of approval: 7 12 2016 (around 4 PM ET)

If anyone could share their knowledge on how long it takes to receive FRM certification after submitting work experience, please share it here for others.

Date Work Experience Submitted: 06-28-16
Date Certified FRM by GARP: 07-13-16
# days to certify: 16 days

CONFIRMED - BRIAN FIELD, FRM

Work experience submitted 28.06.16 9h33 Swiss time
Certification received today 13.07.16 17h14 Swiss time
16 days

Submitted June 28 10:45 EST
Approved July 14 16:00 EST

Gauravfrm

Congratulations to all those who received approval for their work experience!!
Did you receive mail from GARP about it or you checked in your GARP account & then came to know ?

Maged

2 more updates about some members as an indicator:

* Submit on 30th June, receiving on 19th July
* Submit on 29th June, receiving on 19th July

so it's like 3 weeks for who submitted one day after the exam.

Noting that results were released on 28th June

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
@Nicole Manley - hope you don't mind me suggesting the following - this entire thread is a bit redundant - it could probably be moved to the other thread,
https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/may-2016-part-2-exam-feedback.9610/page-20
Hello @brian.field

Thank you for the suggestion! However, we would like to leave this thread as is. I've actually gone through the forum recently to clean up duplicate threads and I left this one purposely. If someone is specifically searching for the verification time of their work experience, we don't want them to have to search through the feedback threads for an answer. This thread makes it very clear how long it took for people to get verified, and I've tagged it accordingly :)

Nicole

trivzca

Just curious to know why experience verification is taking time..
Date Work Experience Submitted: 06-28-18 and still waiting ..

As per posts in this thread, by now ..this should have been approved.

Any one certified so far from June 2018 result..

Sun1900

Hi ,

I have submitted my experience in 1 month back.. still I have not heard anything from them. Is this normal timeframe ?

Regards

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi ,

I have submitted my experience in 1 month back.. still I have not heard anything from them. Is this normal timeframe ?

Regards
Hi @Sun1900 While I am not near to this particular data point (I'm sure @Nicole Seaman can say more tomorrow), it is my anecdotal understanding that a one month wait is not at all atypical, and may even be typical; e.g., https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/work-experience-verifying-time.9694/#post-61644
@Sun1900

It can take 4-6 weeks for GARP to approve your work experience. Sometimes it is received sooner than that, but if you submitted your experience 1 month ago, you are still in the normal timeframe. You can reach out to GARP member services to see if they can give you the status of your work experience review, but if you have not received a response from them after 6 weeks, please let me know and I can see what I can do to help.

Thank you,

Nicole

Sun1900

@Sun1900

It can take 4-6 weeks for GARP to approve your work experience. Sometimes it is received sooner than that, but if you submitted your experience 1 month ago, you are still in the normal timeframe. You can reach out to GARP member services to see if they can give you the status of your work experience review, but if you have not received a response from them after 6 weeks, please let me know and I can see what I can do to help.

Thank you,

Nicole
Thank you so much David and Nicole ! I will definitely wait for 15-20 days more as you have suggested. Also will drop an email to them.

Thanks a lot for your prompt response! You guys have helped a lot.

Best Regards!

FRMLearner92

Submitted on 09/17/2018, and no answer yet.

Is this still a "normal" time frame to wait for feedback for the work experience submission ?

Almost 2 months really feel like quite a lot time ...

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Submitted on 09/17/2018, and no answer yet.

Is this still a "normal" time frame to wait for feedback for the work experience submission ?

Almost 2 months really feel like quite a lot time ...
@FRMLearner92

Have you contacted GARP about this? I would recommend sending an email to [email protected] to see if they can provide you with an update. If they do not respond to your email in a timely manner, I would be happy to contact them for you.

Thank you,

Nicole