FAQ After Exam Work Experience Verifying Time

FRMLearner92

@FRMLearner92

Have you contacted GARP about this? I would recommend sending an email to [email protected] to see if they can provide you with an update. If they do not respond to your email in a timely manner, I would be happy to contact them for you.

Thank you,

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

I actually already have contacted them twice about it. All I got both times is the following answer:

"Your CV/Resume will be reviewed in the order in which it was received. We are working hard to have all of them processed in time to meet the upcoming distribution date."

I will now ask them again, but feeling like the only one where it takes so long to get some form of feedback feels a bit strange.

Regards

mukulp

Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman ,
Same query as above and also reading FRMLearner92's comment on delayed feedback, just wanted to know by when can I expect a confirmation from GARP on my experience which I shared with them on 12th July and got a confirmation of acceptance/receipt on the same day. It's been over 3 weeks now.

Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman ,
Same query as above and also reading FRMLearner92's comment on delayed feedback, just wanted to know by when can I expect a confirmation from GARP on my experience which I shared with them on 12th July and got a confirmation of acceptance/receipt on the same day. It's been over 3 weeks now.

Thanks.
@mukulp

GARP states that it can take up to two months for work experience to be approved. Generally, they say 4-6 weeks on average. We are not affiliated directly with GARP so we are not able to provide information on when you will receive approval/denial about your work experience. If you have not heard anything from them after 6 weeks, we can try to reach out to them to see if they can provide us with any information, but we have been asked not to reach out to them before 6 weeks.

Nicole

Sixcarbs

Subscriber
So I submitted my career history and got this email:

"Once your work experience has been approved, your certificate will be mailed on the next scheduled certificate mailing date as indicated below:
2019 Certificate Distribution Schedule:

Window to Upload CV/ResumeCertificate
December 19, 2018 March 15, 2019

Mailing Date
March 29, 2019"

So my question is, and I will call GARP myself if nobody here is sure, will they at least tell you whether or not they have approved your work experience before the certificate mailing date?

Thanks in advance.

Sixcarbs

So I submitted my career history and got this email:

"Once your work experience has been approved, your certificate will be mailed on the next scheduled certificate mailing date as indicated below:
2019 Certificate Distribution Schedule:

Window to Upload CV/ResumeCertificate
December 19, 2018 March 15, 2019

Mailing Date
March 29, 2019"

So my question is, and I will call GARP myself if nobody here is sure, will they at least tell you whether or not they have approved your work experience before the certificate mailing date?

Thanks in advance.

Sixcarbs
I believe GARP will respond within 6 weeks...

antogiar

What i understood is that it will take at least 2 weeks but what about certification? I’m not talking about the paper certificate but the date on which we can start using the FRM title. It will be just after work experience certification or once they send the certificate?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
What i understood is that it will take at least 2 weeks but what about certification? I’m not talking about the paper certificate but the date on which we can start using the FRM title. It will be just after work experience certification or once they send the certificate?
@antogiar

You do not need to wait for the paper certificate to begin using the FRM title, but you MUST have received the official email from GARP stating that your work experience has been approved and that your certificate will be mailed. I hope this answers your question.

antogiar

@antogiar

You do not need to wait for the paper certificate to begin using the FRM title, but you MUST have received the official email from GARP stating that your work experience has been approved and that your certificate will be mailed. I hope this answers your question.

Thanks Nicole. Couple of weeks to go then. Never been so close.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Have anyone who passed in Nov 2019 got confirmation of the experience certificate
Hello @dhirajjha

A member in one of the posts above stated that GARP sent them confirmation that their work experience was received, but that does not mean approved. Generally, it takes 4-6 weeks on average for work experience to be approved. It could be sooner, but that has been the average in past years.

Passer-by

I have passed Nov 2019 FRM P2, and submitted work experience on Jan 5, 2020, however, Now it’s already mid Feb, but still showing under review. Sent two emails to GARP already, but not helpful, GARP mention in the email that due to the large number of experience submissions it is not out of the realm of possibility that an experience review can take approximately 1-2 months to complete... Does anyone have similar situation? Thanks!

Last edited:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I have passed Nov 2019 FRM P2, and submitted work experience on Jan 5, 2020, however, Now it’s already mid Feb, but still showing under review. Sent two emails to GARP already, but not helpful, GARP mention in the email that due to the large number of experience submissions it is not out of the realm of possibility that an experience review can take approximately 1-2 months to complete... Does anyone have similar situation? Thanks!
Hello @Passer-by

Yes, there are others who are experiencing the same thing. GARP has always stated that it can take up to 8 weeks for work experience to be approved. In past years we have seen it approved for some within 2 weeks, while others waited 6-8 weeks for approval. There is a lot of discussion about this in our Exam Feedback thread here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/november-2019-part-2-exam-feedback.22922/page-22.

dorathy

hello, I have submitted two years of professional work experience in my garp account by simply filling the details of my relevant work experience. What should I do next? In my garp page, after I submitted details, it says "you must provide appropriate documentation of two years of professional work experience" Should I now send scanned documents verifying my employment? Thank you.