YCHEN7458

Hi there,
May I kindly ask what's an appropriate order to study FRM L2? Should I start with the current issue or credit market or others?

Much appreciated for all the help! :)

mszvitacs

Current issue can be the last one, it is super easy, I read the articles once on the last week, and i could recall almost everything. Liquidity and operational risk are similar, but here the materials are long and very boring, so you can learn them in the last weeks or months. Credit risk was the hardest nut to crack, I started with this, and this was a good decision because I needed to think a lot about the concepts and understanding everything needs time. So what I recommend: 1. Credit, 2/3 Market and investment, 4/5 Liquidity and operational, 6 Current issues. In this structure when you learn the super boring operational risk topics, in parallel you can practice market or credit risk quant problems, which will be a refreshment for your mind.

YCHEN7458

Current issue can be the last one, it is super easy, I read the articles once on the last week, and i could recall almost everything. Liquidity and operational risk are similar, but here the materials are long and very boring, so you can learn them in the last weeks or months. Credit risk was the hardest nut to crack, I started with this, and this was a good decision because I needed to think a lot about the concepts and understanding everything needs time. So what I recommend: 1. Credit, 2/3 Market and investment, 4/5 Liquidity and operational, 6 Current issues. In this structure when you learn the super boring operational risk topics, in parallel you can practice market or credit risk quant problems, which will be a refreshment for your mind.
ty so much!

RKenn4844

I just purchased the BT Professional package and signed up for the FRM P2 exam in November. I don't have enough in the tank to jump right back in to take the August exam after failing in May using another test prep provider. I don't want to leave any doubts next time around. There's so much BT material, PDFs and on this site, what is the best way to cover the material? Read each of the subjects, cover to cover and do the BT problems along the way? Even with 4.5 months to prep for P2 (again), it doesn't seem feasible to read all the BT materials and all the GARP materials with a full-time job and family. P2 was so qualitative and conceptual - that is what I really need to know next time around - detail, detail, detail. Thank you!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
I just purchased the BT Professional package and signed up for the FRM P2 exam in November. I don't have enough in the tank to jump right back in to take the August exam after failing in May using another test prep provider. I don't want to leave any doubts next time around. There's so much BT material, PDFs and on this site, what is the best way to cover the material? Read each of the subjects, cover to cover and do the BT problems along the way? Even with 4.5 months to prep for P2 (again), it doesn't seem feasible to read all the BT materials and all the GARP materials with a full-time job and family. P2 was so qualitative and conceptual - that is what I really need to know next time around - detail, detail, detail. Thank you!
@RKenn4844 Please note I moved your post to this thread, which provides information about how other members created their study plans.